Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 02-05-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well said guys.. To be honest regarding Andy Reid, He's been a head coach in this league for quite a long time. So I just assumed he was a decent playcaller, I haven't seen an eagles game forever.

In regard to King Carl. You have some very good points. I don't think I'll ever put Cassel into Kurt Warner category. He's a former UNI panther and Iowa Barnstormer(I'm not sure what that is to be honest) so I'm pretty biased....Also, having Bolding and Fitzy definately helps a guy look good.
I guess my one point i would add is that Arizona has never had a decent running game, so I think it makes Haley look legit when an offense is so one dimensional like that and it still puts up gawdy stats like that.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not really worried with Haley calling the plays.. I'm more concerned with him letting the rest of his HC duties fall by the wayside because of the playcalling. He's an accomplished playcaller and he has some experience on his coaching staff to help out, I just don't want him to forget the overall HC duties.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow did'nt realize this.11 years ago today Derrick Thomas died as a result of his car crash
Old 02-08-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i had also forgotten that today was the anniversary. DT is my favorite Chiefs of all time. I literally grew up watching him dominate football games. he epitomizes what i love about the Chiefs and what Arrowhead means. 11 years ago today, i cried like i had just lost my best friend, because i did. you aren't suppose to out live your children or your idol. Derrick Thomas is the greatest Chiefs to ever strap on a helmet.

RIP DT.

3 part series from his HoF induction. Great stuff if you got a half hour to watch it all.

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 02-08-2011 at 10:07 PM.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see Santana Moss line up acorss from Bowe next season, he is going to be a FA and would bring much needed speed to our WR unit.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:41 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Jones, Steve Breaston, Vincent Jackson, MIke Sims Walker, Malcolm Floyd, Steve Smith (NY), Sid Rice, Lance Moore, Santana Moss are all UFA/RFAs.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tbh Moss has nothing left in the tank. There are some names on that list that definitely do though.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

V Jax and Bowe = SEXY
Old 02-09-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, having two physical Wide outs would make our offense pretty sweet.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
tbh Moss has nothing left in the tank. There are some names on that list that definitely do though.
His stats this year.

93 catches 1115 yards and 6 TD's.

http://www.nfl.com/players/santanamo...s?id=MOS717844
Old 02-11-2011, 06:52 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
His stats this year.

93 catches 1115 yards and 6 TD's.

http://www.nfl.com/players/santanamo...s?id=MOS717844
Splat, those stats are pretty impressive but when you look closer you see a WR who will be 32 before the season starts, an age when most receivers, particularly the speed receivers, begin to decline. Indeed, if you look at his average per reception, you see a steady decline since 2004...
2004 - 18.6
2005 - 17.7
2006 - 14.4
2007 - 13.2
2008 - 13.2
2009 - 12.9
2010 - 12.0

Look at catches of over 20 yards, from a high of 24 in 2005 to 9 last year.

The tank might not be empty but the light is definitely on. I'd pass and make a run at one of the younger guys (the Cards won't spend big money on both Breaston and Fitz, will they?).
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm pretty sure the Chiefs are getting ready to spend big money to keep Bowe, and I don't see them spending big money on two WR's.

I would be really surprised if Bowe didn't hold out with only one year on his deal and coming off his best year ever, he would kinda be a fool not to.

A player has to cash in when his stock is the highest and Bowe's stock is through the roof right now.

I think most of the Chiefs money is going to be spent locking up players all ready on the team.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

talking about signing any UFA/RFA player is a moot point until the CBA has been ratified and agreed to by the NFLPA and the owners. we really don't even know if the time table will make signing FAs a viable option at all. if a CBA isn't agreed to until just before the start of training camp or even preseason, then FAs would have a minimal time learn a new system and become integrated into the offense/defense. timing is everything, both on the field and off. i didn't really believe that FAs would have a big role in the 2011 Chiefs anyway, but with no CBA i think a FAs role would be even more greatly reduced.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm not even thinking about FAs right now. I'm more concerned with locking up Hali longterm. Bowe needs a new contract too, but Hali is the cornerstone of this defense and we need to pay that man asap.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Shaun Rodgers is visiting KC per Schefter
Old 02-15-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Shaun Rodgers is visiting KC per Schefter
Would be worth the risk IMO.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

If he's motivated he would be a huge get. It's a big if though. If anyone can do it though I imagine Romeo will get him to play hard.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

A unmotivated Rodgers is still better then any NT the Chiefs had this season, if they can get him motivated that would just be a bonus.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
A unmotivated Rodgers is still better then any NT the Chiefs had this season, if they can get him motivated that would just be a bonus.
Good point.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

love the idea of getting a good NT now and drafting a late round guy to develop behind Rogers. didn't Rogers have his best season under Crennel?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...p-new-orleans/

Quote:
According to Rogers’ Twitter account, the free agent defensive tackle will visit the Saints. Rogers wrapped up a trip in Kansas City that included dinner with Chiefs coaches Romeo Crennel and Anthony Pleasant. Rogers played under Crennel in Cleveland.

Rogers thanked Kansas City for his brief stay, but said he might be back one day. Rogers has also visited the Redskins, and is reportedly determined to finally play for a winner after ten straight losing seasons as a pro.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
wonder if the fact he played for RAC gives us even a slight advantage
Old 02-18-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

League finds Lions guilty of tampering with Chiefs

Quote:
Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that the league has nailed the Lions for tampering with Chiefs players. The Lions will lose a seventh-round pick acquired from the Broncos in 2011, and the Chiefs and Lions will swap fifth-round picks.

It’s an eight-spot jump for the Chiefs in round five.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Sid Rice and D Bowe = SEXY!!!!1
Old 02-21-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Calm down brotha! It hasn't happened yet!