Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 08-30-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, but Lewis was hurt last year and I really wanted someone a little more.. flashy.. over Jon McGraw incase it happened again.

Like you said, not gunna lose sleep over it. :)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jon McGraw is the kinda of player I love having on the team but want to see on the field as little as possible.

He is pretty good on SP teams and makes some plays vs the run but he has no business starting.

I really hope Lewis can stay healthy. He flashed at times last year and I think he can be an impact player for the Chiefs.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Completely agree about McGraw.. I love the way he approaches the game, helps the younger guys, and is a ST demon.. but starting on defense? Ehhh.. not so much.

There is a place in the NFL for guys like McGraw, but it isn't as a starter.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:52 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Ya, I figured they will look at James Sanders.

I don't know enough about him to say if he would be an upgrade over Lewis but like you said great depth for sure.
He's an average-to-above average starter at safety in the NFL. Just a solid player who can do everything well, but maybe nothing great.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He's an average-to-above average starter at safety in the NFL. Just a solid player who can do everything well, but maybe nothing great.
Sanders signed with Detroit IIRC.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
No he didn't.

James Sanders joins the Falcons
Old 08-31-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
I saw that he signed. I was just giving out the info on him. Would have been a great fit with the Chiefs.

Brandon McGowan is still out there. He was a great situational player for the Pats a couple years ago. Does a great job against TEs.

Last edited by nepg : 08-31-2011 at 03:51 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Hudson cannot play guard.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I don't know what is wrong with Lilja but if it's serious then they need to call Waters ASAP...
Old 09-01-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
I don't know what is wrong with Lilja but if it's serious then they need to call Waters ASAP...
Lilja is fine, just not risking it, dvds trying to get Hudson experience... But he isn't ready to play guard in the NFL yet.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Hudson cannot play guard.
If you're talking about who started the game and played the first few series, it was actually Darryl Harris, he has also started at Center during the preseason and hasn't looked very good.
chief_fan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe Lilja played, but I don't know why he didn't start.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Few things from this game:

-Pretty sure Lilja didn't play. Hudson isn't a guard, but he'll be good at center I think.

-Overall, meh game.. Stanzi should have gotten some playing time because honestly, I just think Palko is garbage, but whatevs.

-I hope Cassel, Berry and Moeaki are okay. I didn't see Berry and Moeaki again, but I did see Cassel on the sideline. We need those three guys.

-Dexter McCluster is ready to play this year. He is going to be a dynamic weapon I think. Can't wait to see him in action.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought JC fixed his fumble issues?hope it's a fluke and not trend.

Defense played very well turnovers/flags beat us.D did everything they could

WTH WAS STANZI???????
Old 09-01-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Here is what I'd do asap:

1) Move Barry Richardson to second team, promote Gaither to first string at LT and move Albert over to RT.

2) Cut or PS Tyler Palko and sign a veteran to back up Cassel.

3) Cut Copper and Battle.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Here is what I'd do asap:

1) Move Barry Richardson to second team, promote Gaither to first string at LT and move Albert over to RT.

2) Cut or PS Tyler Palko and sign a veteran to back up Cassel.

3) Cut Copper and Battle.
Our O-Line could be in trouble. I hate to shift the tackle positions a week before the season starts. I'm hoping a RT option gets cut somewhere to give us more options.

If Cassel gets hurt we are screwed either way. If that happened I would just assume let Stanzie take the ropes. Cassel has seemed pretty durable in his career though so hopefully he will be good for 16.

It's going to be interesting to see who ultimately gets cut. I wouldn't be surprised if we got down to 50 and signed three others. As we have talked about before the roster is getting really strong, but we still lack depth at the back end.

I can't wait to start the season. The preseason doesn't matter, but this has been tough to watch. Ready to see us strap it on for real.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

That last drive could have got Copper cut but in the end I think his SP teams play with save him.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

uhhh is it too late to bring Waters back?that decision is looking like a horrendous one
Old 09-02-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I think Asamoah will be better than Waters this year, and I don't think the preseason is any reason to be freaking out.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

Quote:
That last drive could have got Copper cut but in the end I think his SP teams play with save him.
He is one player I am absolutly tired of seeing, and that stupid WR bubble screen they like to run with him so we can watch him gain 1 yard every time. Give his spot to Horne at least he has potential, and I don't think we can sneak him on to the PS again this year, and I think his ST play is on par with Copper honestly, espescially last night he looked good on punt coverage.
1. Bowe
2. Baldwin
3. Breaston
4. Urban
5. Tucker
6. Horne
I would like to keep Colbert too, he seems to have played really well, and has made some good catchs, but I think 7 WRs is one too many.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Asomoah is playing the best out of any o-linemen. Hudson is a finesse guy for zbs, he is a project but i think he is easily the future center.

On to positives:
Bowe was in mid-season form. Catching, blocking, body control, etc.
Dexter is sex.
Asomoah is a manimal.
Flowers playing a bit more fierce this year.
Some rookies make me happy: Justin Houston, Allen Bailey, and I really like what I see from Bair.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

Anyone want to take a stab at the 53 man roster.
QB 1. M.Cassel
2. T.Palko
3. R.Stanzi

RB 1. J.Charles
2. T.Jones
3. D.McCluster
4. J.Battle

FB 1. L.McClain

WR 1. D.Bowe
2. J.Baldwin
3. S.Breaston
4. J.Urban
5. T.Copper
6. V.Tucker

TE 1. T.Moeaki
2. L.Pope
3. C.Slate

OT 1. B.Albert
2. B.Richardson
3. J.Gaither

OG 1. J.Asamoah
2. R.Lilja
3. B.Lewis

C 1. C. Wiegmann
2. R. Hudson

DE 1. G.Dorsey
2. T. Jackson
3. W.Gilberry
4. A.Bailey
5. B.Bair

NT 1. K.Gregg
2. J. Powe
3. D.Gales

OLB 1. T.Hali
2. A.Studebaker
3. J. Houston
4. C.Sheffield

ILB 1. D.Johnson
2. J.Belcher
3. D.Williams
4. J. Cole

CB 1. B.Flowers
2. B.Carr
3. J.Arenas
4. T.Daniels
5. J.Brown

S 1. E.Berry
2. K.Lewis
3. J.McGraw
4. S.Piscitelli

K 1. R.Succop
P 1. D.Colquitt
LS 1. T.Gafford
Old 09-02-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

As long as both Lilja and Aso stay on the field the Chiefs should be fine at G but if either get hurt I'm worried...

That is not a knock on Hudson who I feel is going to be a good C I just don't like him at G.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Todd Haley is 1-11 in the preseason. it is evident with this record that he feels the preseason is for club use only. wins and loses aren't as important as player evaluation and development. i would agree with him as long as he is putting together winning regular seasons. go 4-12 again and the fans are going to get sick of hearing about how the preseason wins and loses don't mean anything. win the division and go 10-6 again and the fans don't remember that you were 1-3 in the preseason. i wouldn't jump off any bandwagons yet. it's a lot harder to climb back on once they're moving.

also, keep in mind that this year is different from all others. the lockout completely changed the way everything happens. players were out of shape, didn't know the playbook and a lot couldn't even practice with their new team until days before the 1st preseason game. it is WAY to early to say that 1 philosophy worked and another didn't. Haley used this time to ease his players into the games and get them back to football shape. only time will tell if that was the right choice for this young up and coming team.

BTW, it's good to be back. i was off these boards for way to long. business kept me away from football, my family and my hobbies. i only saw 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter of the 1st preseason game. from the highlights (or lack there of) i didn't miss much. Houston looked good in spots.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It's being reported that Tony Moeaki is going to be placed on IR with a torn ACL, probably ending his year. Ugh. **** **** **** ****. Not good news today.