Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 11-12-2011, 03:28 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Richard Seymour is the best 3-4 DE ever, inarguably. Sure, he had a couple 8-sack seasons, but mostly it was just 4-5. Ty Warren was one of the best ever and only had more than 2 sacks in a year twice. Aaron Smith is the second best 3-4 DE ever and also had a couple 8-sack years, but mostly just 2's and 4's.

For the NT's... Casey Hampton has 9 career sacks in 11 years... Wilfork has 11 in 8 years.

Kelly Gregg is horribly underrated in his role, and unless you expect Dorsey & Jackson to be among the best at their position of all-time you really can't expect "at least 3 sacks a year." They're doing alright, and I expect them to keep getting better.
Ty Warren and Richard Seymour especially got pressure on the QB. They may not have had a ton of sacks, but they got to the QB often.

The only time this entire season that Dorsey has put pressure on a QB was at home against SD when Tamba already stripped the ball from Rivers and he fell on the ball.

I think Dorsey needs to be traded. Allen Bailey already has more pressures than Dorsey this year. He also has 2 passes defended in half a season compared to Dorsey's 3 in 3 and a half seasons. Allen is stronger, faster, tougher and will be a great starter.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take a 3rd for Dorsey if we could swing it.. maybe a 4-3 team wants a prototypical DT.. who knows.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand what is going on with Dorsey? I thought he played very well last year and expected big things from him this year.

I don't think he has been awful by any means but he isn't having any where near the kinda of season I thought he would have.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year he really turned a corner and played VERY well.. he looked like he'd turn into an amazing 3-4 DE.. this year I just have no idea, but a lot of our defensive talent have been lackluster in at least half the games we've played.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say a lot of the team, and not just defensive players, have been lackluster this season.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:28 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very glad Hudson played tonight. He looked very good.

I think there's no doubt that this team has absolutely got to get a TE this offseason. Pope and O'Connell are garbage and Moeaki is unkown. We need a Matt Spaeth or an Aaron Hernandez to compliment Moeaki and provide insurance.

QB, RT, TE, RB depth, S depth, ILB and DE are massive needs.

Oh and screw you Dorsey. Aman Gordon played better in his first start tonight than you have in over a year.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:00 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Ty Warren and Richard Seymour especially got pressure on the QB. They may not have had a ton of sacks, but they got to the QB often.

The only time this entire season that Dorsey has put pressure on a QB was at home against SD when Tamba already stripped the ball from Rivers and he fell on the ball.

I think Dorsey needs to be traded. Allen Bailey already has more pressures than Dorsey thisn year. He also has 2 passes defended in half a season compared to Dorsey's 3 in 3 and a half seasons. Allen is stroger, faster, tougher and will be a great starter.
You're talking about the very best 3-4 DE ever and a Top 10 all-time 3-4 DE (possibly even Top 5) and comparing it to a team in a time where guys that excel at that role aren't as easy to find because there's more than 3 to 4 teams that run that odd man front.

I just don't think you understand the position or exactly how good Warren and Seymour were. Suh is the only DL that's coe out since Seymour that could even come close to his level as a 3-4 DE. Other 3-4 teams aren't finding guys better than Jackson & Dorsey, either.

I like what I've seen from Bailey, but he gets more pressures because that's his job. He comes in on third downs and his job is to rush the passer. Ditto for Gilberry. Jarvis Green was that guy for the Pats for a long time.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** it. It's time.

Swinging Dick Ameristanzi
Old 11-27-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

QB, RT, ILB three biggest needs no question, then DB/TE depth and maybe a RB to compliment Charles.

Oh, fire Muir.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I still want to see Maneri at RT.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
QB, RT, ILB three biggest needs no question, then DB/TE depth and maybe a RB to compliment Charles.

Oh, fire Muir.
I saw today that Belcher has been good against the run, it's 3rd down where he is struggling. I think ILB is a need, but QB, RT, LG and NT are bigger needs.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone that thinks Bowe could have caught that ball is a dumbass.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah, he wasn't catching it and he probably thought no one would either.. the Steelers DB had to jump as high as possible to even have a shot at it too.

It didn't change my mind about Bowe at all. He has been playing hard since Haley got here and that won't change.

From AHP, the ball is just above and to the right of the cursor. He wouldn't even have been able to tip it. Look at that ball.

Last edited by vidae : 11-28-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gurantee you Larry Fitzgerald would have TRIED to do something other the worry about getting his ribs smacked
Old 11-28-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Anyone that thinks Bowe could have caught that ball is a dumbass.
I NEVER said he should have caught it.What I SAID was he should have TRIED to knock it down.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

He wasn't touching the ball regardless if he tried or not. It was to far out of reach.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

1) He wouldn't have even touched it. It was too high and behind him.

2) Haley just said last week that tipped balls are killers. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that they're coached not to tip it.

3) Look at the play the DB made on that ball. I'm sure Bowe thought no one had a shot at catching it.

4) What the **** is Palko doing throwing into quad coverage on first down anyway?

It was on Palko. It was a ****** ******* ball into four defenders on first down.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Palko was mad and yelling because Bowe ran the wrong route, not because he didn't make an effort to knock the ball away.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Palko was mad and yelling because Bowe ran the wrong route, not because he didn't make an effort to knock the ball away.
And with that we can wave a not so fond goodbye to the Tyler Palko Era.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

And a very fond hello to the Matt Barkley era! Hopefully!

Old 11-28-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not too fond of Barkley or USC qbs, but as long as RG3 doesn't go to KC I'll be happy.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
another reason why it's on Bowe.don't give the QB a signal you're going deep and then cut the route.I will say this loud and clear.Dwayne Bowe is a PUNK.DeSean Jackson and Ricky Watters thought his effort was abysmal
Old 11-28-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Don't give the QB a signal you're going deep and then cut the route.
Don't throw to a WR that has 4 guys covering him.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
another reason why it's on Bowe.don't give the QB a signal you're going deep and then cut the route.I will say this loud and clear.Dwayne Bowe is a PUNK.DeSean Jackson and Ricky Watters thought his effort was abysmal
You have ABSOLUTELY ZERO IDEA what his raised arm meant. Maybe it meant he was going deep, or it could have meant a million things.

Think whatever you want, but you can't put Desean Jackson in the same sentence as Bowe when it comes to punks. Bowe has turned everything around and is now the player that KC fans envisioned coming out of college.

I really don't get your personal vendetta against Bowe here, but get used to seeing him in KC red. There is no way they're letting him go.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the Star is reporting that had Orton not become available, the Chiefs were in serious thoughts about bringing Croyle back.

this really has me scratching my head. Stanzi must be so far over his head that he couldn't possibly contribute. the staff is closer to him than me, but this isn't looking good for him playing this year. Brodie Croyle, back to KC? WTF?
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote