Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 02-23-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
My first thought is to dismiss it as Bob Fescoe is a joke, but I'm sure they are discussing about Peyton. Doesn't mean it's going to happen, but why the hell not?
First thought was to dismiss it because it's PFT. Second thought was to dismiss it because it's Fescoe. Stopped reading after that.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will never happen but I would take Peyton in a heart beat.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

Quote:
Chiefs signed CB Jacques Reeves, formerly of the Texans.

Reeves, 29, is trying to make a comeback after spending the last two seasons out of football. One of the NFL's worst cornerbacks after the Texans signed him to a five-year, $20 million deal in 2008.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Camp fodder, that's it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
It will never happen but I would take Peyton in a heart beat.
i'm on board as well.

if not Manning i'd settle for Orton.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RG3 or bust! RG3 or bust!

Old 02-26-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I was thinking about it today and came up with this dream scenario.
- Flynn to Miami
- Manning to Washington
- Cleveland feels no threat and thinks they can land RG3 at 4
- KC gives up this years 1st, 3rd, next years 1st and 2nd and a player(possibly a tag and trade of Carr like you mentioned before vidae) to land RG3 at pick #2

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 02-26-2012 at 11:50 AM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I think this is even more of a pipe dream than Peyton is.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
- Flynn to Miami
- Manning to Washington
- KC gives up this years 1st, 3rd, next years 1st and 2nd and a player(possibly a tag and trade of Carr like you mentioned before vidae) to land RG3 at pick #2
I would do that deal in a second. In less than a second. If the Rams called I'd pick up the phone and say "whatever you want" and hang up. That's what I'd do.

And god that picture is sexy.

Quote:
I think this is even more of a pipe dream than Peyton is.
We're Chiefs fans. All we've ever had are pipe dreams.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

We should all get together and pass the pipe dream around and talk about what could have been and what could be...

Last edited by Splat : 02-26-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We should all get together and pass the pipe dream around and talk about what could have been...
You mean like if we had drafted Joe Montana instead of Steve Fuller or Dan Marino instead of Todd Blackledge or Jerry Rice instead of Ethan Horton or...

Funny, suddenly I'm feeling sad, very sad.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We haven't drafted a QB in the 1st in almost 30 years. How sad is that? Now I'M sad too.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

We passed on Ed Reed for Ryan Sims.

Now I'm sad.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We passed on a lot of people for Ryan Sims. Hell, we traded up for him. Ugh.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
- Flynn to Miami
- Manning to Washington
I could definitely live with that trade.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking about possible RB's to bring in to compliment JC and let me throw this out there....BJGE.seems to make a lot of sense especially with it appearing like NE is tagging Welker
Old 02-28-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, Cowboys fan here. I've got a few questions about brandon carr because it seems the cowboys are interested in him.

1. How good is he? What are his strengths and weakness? Is he a #1?

2. If he is good, with 60 million in cap space why aren't you guys trying to re-sign him? I know they signed Routt, but you can't have enough good CBs.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Hey guys, Cowboys fan here. I've got a few questions about brandon carr because it seems the cowboys are interested in him.

2. If he is good, with 60 million in cap space why aren't you guys trying to re-sign him? I know they signed Routt, but you can't have enough good CBs.
Very good player, probably not a number one. People wanted to run him out of town a coupleyears ago but one thing about Carr is he gets better every year. The Chiefs claim they want to resign him, and we hope they do, but they are notoriously cheap and with Flowers and Routt in hand it seems unlikely that Carr will return.

He will probably be overpaid for by some team, which might make expectations a little tough for him to handle.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O just so y'all know, Chiefs fans(at least on this site) are officially my favorite group of people outside of the Giants forum.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I was thinking about possible RB's to bring in to compliment JC and let me throw this out there....BJGE.seems to make a lot of sense especially with it appearing like NE is tagging Welker
Tough call. If NE isn't going to want to pay what he wants, I'm not sure the Chiefs would want to either. What's good about BJGE is that he never makes negative plays, but he's really not that great either.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post

1. He is very good. One of the more underrated players on our defense. He has solid to good speed and can play both man and zone. I don't believe he is a true #1 though. He has never had to be, and I'm not sure he'll be able to handle it. Put him on a team with a solid group of DBs and you'll love him, but I have a feeling that if he's "THE" guy he isn't going to perform up to expectations.

2. We want to re-sign him, but we're not going to overpay him. He isn't worth #1 CB money and we're not going to give it to him. Make no mistake about it though, the Chiefs WANT him back, but not at what he is going to cost.

Quote:
O just so y'all know, Chiefs fans(at least on this site) are officially my favorite group of people outside of the Giants forum.
ily sir.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/fl...ollId= 134109

Missouri is one of the 2 states that said yes...looks like KC really does want RG3 BAD!

Old 02-28-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Dude I'd give that up in a SECOND. I wouldn't even hesitate. If they want this years first, next years first and a 3rd/5th that is a no brainer for this club. We're a QB away from being legit playoff contenders and a QB/NT/RT away from possibly being SB contenders. DO IT PIOLI.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Seriously I don't see how only Mizzou and Oklahoma(I guess Chiefs fans) said yes to that. Whoever does get him will be pissed when they give up more than that.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seriously I don't see how only Mizzou and Oklahoma(I guess Chiefs fans) said yes to that. Whoever does get him will be pissed when they give up more than that.
Of course it could be Rams fans that are hoping someone will overpay big time. I love RG3 but I just don't see Pioli making that kind of deal. It goes against every thing he has been brought up with.

Back to Carr for a second...I agree with what vidae and villagewarrior wrote. Two things will impress other teams, as warrior said it seems like he "gets better every year" and then there is his size. He's 6' with long arms so he can handle a lot of the big WRs.

I hope the Chiefs can keep him and Routt is an insurance policy BUT I hear (Metro Sports) that he wants "Nnamdi money." Good luck on that.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote