Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 02-29-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he wants to get paid, and tbh.. he will. He'll get Nnamdi money from some team. He won't be worth it, but he'll get it. I'll wish him the best of luck too. It'll suck to lose him but he earned his big pay day.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure about Nnamdi money but Carr will get Flowers money.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be stunned if Carr is not a Cowboy next year.They're desperate for CB's and he's the best CB available.Look for Jerry to overpay
Old 03-01-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see this off season end up with us making our defense elite with Donatri Poe. Hedging our bets on a reconstructed ACL RB with Micheal Bush and solidifying our Offensive line. WIth that in mind, you think Peyton Manning would take a pay cut to come here?(Just kidding)
Old 03-01-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I assume that Pioli see's Carr as better than Routt but when you figure that Carr can demand good money the signing of Routt and loss of Carr will also likely result in a nice comp pick next year. With the value Pioli places on picks I would imagine that tilted the equation towards Routt. I imagine the Chiefs are hoping Carr gets big money elsewhere which is why they are publicly stating they still are considering him (which I don't think they are).
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
I assume that Pioli see's Carr as better than Routt but when you figure that Carr can demand good money the signing of Routt and loss of Carr will also likely result in a nice comp pick next year. With the value Pioli places on picks I would imagine that tilted the equation towards Routt. I imagine the Chiefs are hoping Carr gets big money elsewhere which is why they are publicly stating they still are considering him (which I don't think they are).
I think it was less about the pick and more about covering their ass before things got ugly. They knew/know Carr is going to get paid, and I'm sure they'd rather have Carr than the pick... They knew it was unlikely that they'd be able to sign him, so they made the first move. Great job. The comp pick is an afterthought.

But, knowing they'll get an extra pick (and probably a 3rd rounder), they can now comfortably play one or two of their 2013 picks for an asset or other picks this year. So you've got a good point there.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will SHields einf inducted into Chiefs HOF this year
Old 03-05-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I think it was less about the pick and more about covering their ass before things got ugly. They knew/know Carr is going to get paid, and I'm sure they'd rather have Carr than the pick... They knew it was unlikely that they'd be able to sign him, so they made the first move. Great job. The comp pick is an afterthought.

But, knowing they'll get an extra pick (and probably a 3rd rounder), they can now comfortably play one or two of their 2013 picks for an asset or other picks this year. So you've got a good point there.
You're not getting any comp picks if you plan on using all that cap room.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
You're not getting any comp picks if you plan on using all that cap room.
The Chiefs are the last team you'll see use all of their cap room.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs part ways with veteran linebacker Demorrio Williams
Old 03-06-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's too bad. He was a very good situational player for them, but really isn't needed if Siler and some of the other guys they had out last year are healthy (on top of making room for .

Last edited by nepg : 03-06-2012 at 07:02 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He was expendable. He was a good special teams player but that was it. Siler, fully healthy, will be a much better option.

This might mean that the FO has a lot of faith in Cory Greenwood, who I am excited to see on the field.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Justin Houston better prepared for 2012 season

Good read.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

RT @brandonspano: BREAKING: Source says #Chiefs were ONLY team to offer completed contract to Peyton Manning today. Says KC most prepared

Old 03-09-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Went to SD one year deal.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Luis Castillo is talking to KC. Might be due diligence, but he'd be a good rotational guy.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

ESPN is now talking about us as serious suitors for Manning.Marcellus WIley put us as an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10 on chances of landing Peyton
Old 03-10-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Luis Castillo is talking to KC. Might be due diligence, but he'd be a good rotational guy.

Agree would be a nice pick up
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I take it as a pretty bad sign that Peyton is still in Denver. This is not going to end well.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Even if he leaves Denver he is still talking to the Cards next and probably Miami after that. If no one has blew him away by then he might get around to talking with the Chiefs but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I think we've established by your many posts on the matter that you think Peyton is a longshot to come to KC. :P

Old 03-10-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Take this for what its worth:

As for Chiefs. There is no scheduled visit. Chiefs will try to get a meeting after AZ, but all signs point to low interest now from PM camp

From the same guy that reported we already offered him a contract.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats disturbing news if true. its 1 thing to be turned down by the hot chick at the dance. its another to be denied entrance to the dance at all. hopefully this is an erroneous story and holds no merit
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

It's all BS. Pretty much everything that's been posted regarding players visiting/talking with the Chiefs have known Wolf Criers as sources. Bunch of made-up BS.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I've heard reports the Chiefs MIGHT be bringing in Carl Nicks for a visit.if no Peyton then give me Nicks