Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-11-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who cares if we have the best OL in the NFL? Cassel will still be throwing the passes.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No matter who is throwing passes upgrading the offensive line is still a good idea. I still like the Chiefs odds at making a run to the playoffs, even if Peyton goes to Denver. Of course, my opinion could change depending on what Pioli does personnel wise.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a mock on this site that has us taking DeCastro at 11 and Cordy Glenn in the second. Now, I don't think Glenn lasts until the second, but I couldn't be mad at that draft.

Meh, can't it be April yet?

Old 03-11-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like we're stuck with freaking Cassel at QB for another year.Why can't us Chiefs fans catch a break for once.give us a legit QB
Old 03-11-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It doesn't matter how many amazing pieces we have as long as Cassel is the QB. We're going to be mediocre. If Peyton winds up going to the Broncos they're the clear favorites in this division too. Meh. I thought today was going to be a good day.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
There is a mock on this site that has us taking DeCastro at 11 and Cordy Glenn in the second. Now, I don't think Glenn lasts until the second, but I couldn't be mad at that draft.

Meh, can't it be April yet?
I really don't see any way the Chiefs can go wrong with their first few draft picks. They can draft pretty much anyone, and it'd be a solid move. And that's a strange thing to say about a team that will very likely be in the AFC Championship mix in 2012.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:59 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It doesn't matter how many amazing pieces we have as long as Cassel is the QB. We're going to be mediocre. If Peyton winds up going to the Broncos they're the clear favorites in this division too. Meh. I thought today was going to be a good day.
I'm not a Cassel apologist, but with the weapons the Chiefs have and the defense the Chiefs are building it is possible for the Chiefs to win with Cassel. Even with Peyton in Denver. Yes it would be tough, but that's why games aren't played on paper: you never know how things will play out. Now, here's hoping Peyton will give the Chiefs a shot, but if he doesn't, all is not lost.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I've heard reports the Chiefs MIGHT be bringing in Carl Nicks for a visit.
http://rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

Quote:
Free agent OG Carl Nicks reiterated in an interview with WWL in New Orleans that he wants to be the NFL's highest paid guard.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I said MIGH not would
Old 03-12-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Peyton Manning
Phillip Rivers
Carson Palmer
Matt Cassel

one of these QB's does'nt belong here.One of these QB's just is'nt the same
Old 03-12-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Philip Rivers?

Old 03-12-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Amon Gordon signed a 2 year deal with the Chiefs. Solid depth signing.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
agreed but we need a QB
Old 03-12-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well, here is to hoping we draft Tannehill then.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Versatile player. Did a very nice job in his role last year.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They really need to lock up Orton. They can't just bank on Tannehill or some other QB falling.

They need a plan B just in case and I feel Orton if willing to stay is the best option. I would rather have a rookie and Orton than just a rookie.

That said I'm sure they have all ready called Chad Henne...

Last edited by Splat : 03-12-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
They really need to lock up Orton. They can't just bank on Tannehill or some other QB falling in second round. They need a plan B just in case and I feel Orton if willing to stay is the best option. I would rather have a rookie and Orton than just a rookie.

That said I'm sure they have all ready called Chad Henne...
If they called Henne would'nt that be tampering?I think Orton re-signs
Old 03-12-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
If they called Henne would'nt that be tampering?I think Orton re-signs
I was just be an ass but that doesn't change the fact that he is probably going to get a call from the Chiefs.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Jovan Belcher was tendered at the second round level. Makes sense. I'm not sure he keeps is job, with Siler coming back healthy, but either of them could be solid special teams contributors if they don't make the starting roster.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I don't think Siler is better as a starter than Belcher. He just made Williams expendable because he's a great special teams player and provides nice depth at the ILB position. They should find a better guy than Belcher, but he's not exactly an easy player to upgrade.

Last edited by nepg : 03-12-2012 at 05:05 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Gilberry tweeted: "It was fun while it lasted".. meaning maybe we're not offering him a contract.

Fine with me. He is a solid pass rusher but he is expendable with how many DEs we have. Allen Bailey has much more upside than Gilberry anyway.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, sorry you guys lost out on Peyton and RG3. I honestly feel like you would present the best situation for both of them. Here's to hoping for Tannehill or at worst, Barkley, Bray or Wilson next year. This really sucks because you guys are a franchise QB away from straight up RUNNING your division. You have some great young talent. your RBs, WRs, TE and O-Line are all young and posses some serious talent/potential and your Defense has a solid LB core and some great DBs. Add in a serious pass rusher or DT along with a QB and you guys are set. It sucks to see such dumb management settle for mediocrity.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Gilberry tweeted: "It was fun while it lasted".. meaning maybe we're not offering him a contract.

Fine with me. He is a solid pass rusher but he is expendable with how many DEs we have. Allen Bailey has much more upside than Gilberry anyway.
that is embarassing.we'll keep that worthless piece of trash Tyson Jackson but let a guy who PRODUCES go.get out of town Pioli you have proven yourself to be an OVERRATED executive
Old 03-12-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Dude Gilberry wasn't that great to begin with. He had a mediocre year (and that is being generous) and we decided to keep Gordon over him. I'm fine with that 100 times out of 100. Gilberry was a roleplayer and a mediocre one at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Well, sorry you guys lost out on Peyton and RG3. I honestly feel like you would present the best situation for both of them. Here's to hoping for Tannehill or at worst, Barkley, Bray or Wilson next year. This really sucks because you guys are a franchise QB away from straight up RUNNING your division. You have some great young talent. your RBs, WRs, TE and O-Line are all young and posses some serious talent/potential and your Defense has a solid LB core and some great DBs. Add in a serious pass rusher or DT along with a QB and you guys are set. It sucks to see such dumb management settle for mediocrity.
Thank you for the kind words sir. The problem with Wilson, Barkley, and Bray is that we won't be in a position to draft them next year. Our schedule is easy and even with three different QBs and a ton of injuries we almost won the division. The division is up for grabs as it is right now.. meh.

We'll probably always be mediocre.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Bulking up killed Gilberry. He got bigger thinking he could become an every down guy, but it just wasn't happening and his pass rushing suffered. Still disappointed to see him go.

T-RICH, Tyson Jackson had a good season last year. He was the best lineman on the team -- pretty easily.