Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-14-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get why you guys want to overpay for free agents. Why? We signed Routt to a good deal and we'll sign more people who fit in KC to good deals, but I am 100% COMPLETELY against OVERPAYING for free agents.

I want depth too, and I want to sign free agents like you guys, but I'm not for paying Carr $9m/year and I'm DEFINITELY not for paying John ******* Carlson $5m/year when he just came off a season ending injury. I wanted Nicks about as bad as anyone, but no way would I want to match the deal that the Bucs gave him.

Come on.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you post on the Chiefs Yahoo Board?
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me? No, I don't. Why?

Old 03-14-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so infuriated right now.get ready for another year of terrible QB play from Cassel.FIRE PIOLI!!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Jesus, GIVE IT A REST. You knew this was going to be a possibility. I'm so sick of your posts every god damn year of free agency. Pioli hasn't gone out and signed a massive free agent since he's been here, so why are you acting like this is something new?

Pioli isn't my favorite person in the world, and I don't like that we're not going after every single big name free agent that comes along, but I'm also not going to freak out over every little decision that is made.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Jesus, GIVE IT A REST. You knew this was going to be a possibility. I'm so sick of your posts every god damn year of free agency. Pioli hasn't gone out and signed a massive free agent since he's been here, so why are you acting like this is something new?

Pioli isn't my favorite person in the world, and I don't like that we're not going after every single big name free agent that comes along, but I'm also not going to freak out over every little decision that is made.
What angers me is doing it "The Patriot Way"...THIS IS NOT THE FREAKING PATRIOTS!!!!THIS IS THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS DO IT THE CHIEFS WAY
Old 03-14-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

This IS the Chiefs way. Do you really think "the Chiefs way" was Carl ******* Peterson? REALLY? What did we win with Carl Peterson? NOTHING. We had a roster full of old useless players and no depth, and NO FUTURE.

In his short time here Pioli has made some mistakes, but he has also done a LOT of good. This team is DRASTICALLY different from the team he inherited, FOR THE BETTER.

Do I want a new QB? Absolutely. I'm the biggest anti-Cassel fan you'll EVER meet. I want to take Tannehill at 11. I want to trade up for him if need be. I wanted to move to #2. I want to sign Peyton.

You just have to realize that things are NOT THAT SIMPLE. You can't just go do whatever you feel like. There has to be a plan in place. There has to be money available. There has to be interest. You can't blame Pioli for everything that goes wrong with this team. Football is a team game, and so is running a front office.

Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
This IS the Chiefs way. Do you really think "the Chiefs way" was Carl ******* Peterson? REALLY? What did we win with Carl Peterson? NOTHING. We had a roster full of old useless players and no depth, and NO FUTURE.

In his short time here Pioli has made some mistakes, but he has also done a LOT of good. This team is DRASTICALLY different from the team he inherited, FOR THE BETTER.

Do I want a new QB? Absolutely. I'm the biggest anti-Cassel fan you'll EVER meet. I want to take Tannehill at 11. I want to trade up for him if need be. I wanted to move to #2. I want to sign Peyton.

You just have to realize that things are NOT THAT SIMPLE. You can't just go do whatever you feel like. There has to be a plan in place. There has to be money available. There has to be interest. You can't blame Pioli for everything that goes wrong with this team. Football is a team game, and so is running a front office.

Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh.

I am tired of sitting around letting the good FA go and watch us sign some rejects from NE.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

You wanna pay Brandon Carr $9m a year? Thank god you're not our GM. We'd have no cap space and we'd have no chance to improve at all.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

and I sure as hedck NEVER would haver cut Gaither.that was embarassingly bad move by Scotty boy.I wish Clark Hunt cared because any other owner would have torched Pioli out of town
Old 03-14-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah, Gaither was good for a few games at the end of the year, and it looks like a bad move, but you're just a glass is half empty guy and your attitude will never change.

Who cares.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Splat had it pegged from beggining.Kansas City CHEAPS strike again
Old 03-14-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

ehl oh ehl

Old 03-14-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You wanna pay Brandon Carr $9m a year? Thank god you're not our GM. We'd have no cap space and we'd have no chance to improve at all.
As Shefter put it the first few days of FA are like shopping at Neiman Marcus after that it is like Target. Looking like KC will have fat pockets at Target again. Same crap different year.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Good. I'm glad we're not overpaying. It makes zero sense to pay good players elite contracts.

I'm really curious, since you two guys are the most vocal about the world coming to an end, what free agents that have already signed did you REALLY want in KC? I mean want enough to pay them like they're top 5 players at their positions?

Old 03-14-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Pioli never planned for a QB competition for Cassel.Cause he knew Cassel would'nt win it.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Good. I'm glad we're not overpaying. It makes zero sense to pay good players elite contracts.

I'm really curious, since you two guys are the most vocal about the world coming to an end, what free agents that have already signed did you REALLY want in KC? I mean want enough to pay them like they're top 5 players at their positions?
you want to stay mediocre that's fine but nobody else wants to be mediocer anymore.and I wanted Nicks badly.Lilja was terrible last year and needs to go.now we better go after Grubbs
Old 03-14-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I wanted Nicks too, but I'm not paying him what Tampa did. There are also reports that they love Hudson at LG when he filled in last year. Maybe he is in their long term plans? They used a high second on him and he is one of the pieces of the future on our line.

Grubbs won't sign here either, so get ready for that.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I know Grubbs is'nt signing here...because WE'RE FREAKING CHEAP
Old 03-14-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

No, because if they really like Hudson at LG, where would Grubbs play? Maybe they are high on a Center in this years draft and want Hudson to man LG for the next decade.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Hudson can play C Grubbs replaces Lilja and Asamoah at other guard spot.seems easy to me
Old 03-14-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather have Eric Winston RT is the bigger need. That said I will be surpsied if he leaves Miami with out a deal.

I don't know why anyone even thought they Chiefs would have a shot Nicks.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

Quote:

So far Orton I would have back since we are stuck with Cassel. Carlson who is only guaranteed 11 not 25 would be of value. He got the going price as Rudolph is the starter. Hope they do not fail on Winston. Winston is best fit for biggest hole. And if they overpay in your mind for him who gives a crap. Tired of having always being one of the lowest payrolls. Frigging compete!!
Old 03-14-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I would rather have Eric Winston RT is the bigger need. That said I will be surpsied if he leaves Miami with out a deal.

I don't know why anyone even thought they Chiefs would have a shot Nicks.
I'd be surprised if Winston left Miami too. His brother works for the Dolphins, he went to the U, and they have a big need at RT too.

And we didn't have a shot at Nicks and we probably won't have one at Grubbs either, but thems the breaks.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

Brandon Carr to Dallas for 5 years