Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-14-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Good. I'm glad we're not overpaying. It makes zero sense to pay good players elite contracts.

I'm really curious, since you two guys are the most vocal about the world coming to an end, what free agents that have already signed did you REALLY want in KC? I mean want enough to pay them like they're top 5 players at their positions?
Bennett just signed with the Giants for 2.5 mil I would have like him.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bennett seems like a headcase. It isn't a shock that we didn't talk to him.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the complaining about the Chiefs not going after anyone when they were the first to sign a big free agent and signed him to a damn good deal.

It's almost comical how narrow some of the posts of the last two pages have been.

*Carlson didn't want to be a #2 TE.
*Carr wanted the same contract Flowers got (he'll get it).
*The Chiefs preemptively signed his replacement in Stanford Routt (possibly even better player, though 3 years older) to a much better deal.
*Peyton didn't want to play in Kansas City.
*Nicks was too expensive
*Winston's giving priority to his hometown. Go figure!
*There are a lot of guys on the FA market that are actually very comparable to the guys the Chiefs are "missing out on" who the Chiefs can get for a lot cheaper once the dust settles.

And I love when people try to say "I'm tired of all these Patriots rejects"... Like who? They've had four players on their roster since Pioli's been here that used to play for the Patriots (Cassel, Vrabel, O'Callaghan, Mays). And you know what? I'd ******* love Dan Connolly or The Law Firm to come to Kansas City.

I cringe when I see/hear things the local radio derp jockeys say get regurgitated. Because those guys are sooo freaking wrong. They ignore that Pioli has been bringing in some really nice, premium free agents like Steve Breaston and Stanford Routt. The local media really likes to undersell every move they make and make a big deal about free agents that are terrible fits for the team for one reason or another not being brought in.

Last edited by nepg : 03-14-2012 at 03:48 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I love the complaining about the Chiefs not going after anyone when they were the first to sign a big free agent and signed him to a damn good deal.

It's almost comical how narrow some of the posts of the last two pages have been.

*Carlson didn't want to be a #2 TE.
*Carr wanted the same contract Flowers got (he'll get it).
*The Chiefs preemptively signed his replacement in Stanford Routt (possibly even better player, though 3 years older) to a much better deal.
*Peyton didn't want to play in Kansas City.
*Nicks was too expensive
*Winston's giving priority to his hometown. Go figure!
*There are a lot of guys on the FA market that are actually very comparable to the guys the Chiefs are "missing out on" who the Chiefs can get for a lot cheaper once the dust settles.

And I love when people try to say "I'm tired of all these Patriots rejects"... Like who? They've had four players on their roster since Pioli's been here that used to play for the Patriots (Cassel, Vrabel, O'Callaghan, Mays). And you know what? I'd ******* love Dan Connolly or The Law Firm to come to Kansas City.

I cringe when I see/hear things the local radio derp jockeys say get regurgitated. Because those guys are sooo freaking wrong. They ignore that Pioli has been bringing in some really nice, premium free agents like Steve Breaston and Stanford Routt. The local media really likes to undersell every move they make and make a big deal about free agents that are terrible fits for the team for one reason or another not being brought in.
at what getting called for PI?if so then yes.If not then Routt is not in Carr's league.I wanna know WTH did we even let him get to FA?a contract should have been done months ago
Old 03-14-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THE CHIEFS OFFERED CARR A CONTRACT. He turned it down. He wanted to test free agency.

You're batshit insane if you think the Chiefs should have paid Carr more than Flowers got. Give me a break.

Last edited by vidae : 03-14-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winston is really the only guy I'm upset about missing out on. Just because it's a huge need and a perfect fit. I'm not really upset with the Chiefs since they did reach out but he chose to talk with other teams first.

It could still happen but unlikely IMO.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It makes more sense that he'd sign with Miami over us so I'm not too upset, but he isn't inked yet, so there is still hope.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solai appearantly going back to Miami.I am gonna kill Pioli and Hunt
Old 03-14-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are a lot of RTs out there, though. Winston's the big name, but there are other good fits that the Chiefs can go after.

Levi Brown as a RT was a very good player. He blew chunks as a LT because he was a bad fit at the position.

Anthony Collins is a very solid OT who went to Kansas.

Tony Pashos (though I would not be a fan of the move) is a guy who can give you a solid year or two in front of a developing younger player.

Demetrius Bell would be a solid choice.

Jeff Backus actually wasn't completely god awful for once and would be a better fit as a RT for a year or two.

With Miami's interest in Winston, it's obvious that Vernon Carey is available.

Kareem McKenzie has been a very solid RT for a very long time.

Trai Essex or Max Starks could be good fits at RT for the Chiefs (though I've never been a fan of either).

So while Winston is undoubtedly the best out there, there are still good options available if the Chiefs lose out to the Dolphins.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I want Winston, I'd be ok with Levi Brown on the cheap, and Anthony Collins is a KU kid, but no thank you to the rest of those guys. I'd rather draft a RT and throw him in the starting lineup.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
I want Winston, I'd be ok with Levi Brown on the cheap, and Anthony Collins is a KU kid, but no thank you to the rest of those guys. I'd rather draft a RT and throw him in the starting lineup.
Well, yeah. With most of those guys, you're signing them as a fail safe for whatever RT you end up drafting (and hopefully starting). But they're all upgrades and mostly consistent players at the RT position. And in many instances, that's really all you need.

Last edited by nepg : 03-14-2012 at 04:28 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sick of stop gap RT's. I could live with Levi Brown but the rest of the guys mentioned blah.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm sick of stop gap RT's. I could live with Levi Brown but the rest of the guys mentioned blah.
Well we're talking about free agents that are available, not the draft, at the moment. The Chiefs thought they might have a long-term answer in Richardson, but he just can't get his head in the game.

The Chiefs have ~4 positions that they need to figure out (with only one being an urgent need), and the rest is just improving depth as much as they can at every other position. That's not bad, and I expect the off-season to be pretty strong by the time OTAs roll around.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Well we're talking about free agents that are available, not the draft, at the moment. The Chiefs thought they might have a long-term answer in Richardson, but he just can't get his head in the game.

The Chiefs have ~4 positions that they need to figure out (with only one being an urgent need), and the rest is just improving depth as much as they can at every other position. That's not bad, and I expect the off-season to be pretty strong by the time OTAs roll around.
1 Urgent need? What RT, NT, TE, RB, OG, ILB, QB or QB? I expect minimal off season activity as is the norm.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

Any news on Tolberts visit?
Old 03-14-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Since the Chiefs refuse to believe QB is a need I would say NT and RT are "urgent" needs. After that they need depth pretty much every where.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

RT and NT are "urgent" while LG and ILB could stand to be upgraded. QB is obviously our #1 need, but who knows what the **** is going through their head on that one.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want some O linemen to sign. I am fretting yet other than that.

I am not worried about QB because unless the following events occurred Cassel was our starting Qb in 2012.
A. Trading up for RG3/Luck about 0.005% chance of happening
B. Signing Peyton Manning/Kyle Orton about 10% change of happening, no way would I have signed Orton for 3 years.

Other than that CASSEL WAS GOING TO BE OUR STARTER NEXT YEAR. Get that through your thick skulls.

If the Chiefs Address RT and get a stop gap NT and draft somone like Cousins in the 2nd you guys will still be pissed since you wanted A or B which were so unlikely that your little penises got hard at the very little QB talk RAC had at the combine.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

You take that back!!! My ***** is atleast a medium size.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only outlier of A or B where Cassel is not starter week 1 in 2012 is if the Chiefs have a hard on for Tannehill. Even if they make some sort of move for him he is the type of guy who may not start at all year 1.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I don't think Tannehill will be there. I think a team is going to panic and move up.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Agreed. Browns and Phins.
Quote:
Old 03-14-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 quick observation from yesterday and today. DBowes price tag for a long term deal is going up by the second. plenty of much less talented WRs are getting PHAT $$$. he'll be looking for more than DJax got. prolly the $10.5-11M per year. 5 years $55M sounds about right
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
RT and NT are "urgent" while LG and ILB could stand to be upgraded. QB is obviously our #1 need, but who knows what the **** is going through their head on that one.
I agree with this 100%.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

Good Peyton Hillis to KC fills a big hole