Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-14-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a good match here in KC for sure. He played for Daboll and he'd be a great tandem with Charles.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't like that we lost Le'Ron McClain to SD. That is the first thing this offseason that has genuinely upset me. Ugh.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I KNEW Peyton was coming to KC....just wrong Peyton hahaha

and I say as retaliation for McClain we sign Tolbert anyway
Old 03-14-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Tolbert will still be visiting us in KC. Also, this:

"@alexmarvez: RT @McClain_on_NFL: Eric Winston visiting St. Louis and Baltimore<Heading to KC tomorrow for FA visit. Posting soon at @FOXSports.com"

Don't let him out of the building without a deal, Scott. Get it done.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They got Hillis for an amazing deal, too. $3m/1y
Old 03-14-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only concern is Daboll favoring Hillis over Jamaal. I mean splitting carries is one thing and a repeat of Jones over Jamaal is another.

That said RB depth was much needed.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I really hope Daboll isn't stupid enough to pull another Thomas Jones with Hillis. He should know what a game changing back he has in Charles and hopefully he uses him correctly.

That said, I don't want to OVERUSE him.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Don't let him out of the building without a deal, Scott. Get it done.
lock the door behind him. board up all the windows. he can't leave.

that is a super cheap deal for Hillis. i know he has alot to prove, but a 1 yr deal is super affordable. hopefully, by mid october, we are all yelling at Pioli to sign him to a long term deal.

this is a good start. maybe, just maybe, i was wrong and Pioli will sign the needed players. keep it up
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
My only concern is Daboll favoring Hillis over Jamaal. I mean splitting carries is one thing and a repeat of Jones over Jamaal is another.

That said RB depth was much needed.
He ran Bush more when both he and Thomas were healthy when the Dolphins were doing well last year. Wouldn't really worry about it.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I really don't like that we lost Le'Ron McClain to SD. That is the first thing this offseason that has genuinely upset me. Ugh.
I'll always wonder why we didn't use him more often as a Half Back. He ate children when he did that with baltimore?
Old 03-14-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
I'll always wonder why we didn't use him more often as a Half Back. He ate children when he did that with baltimore?
Because he got ******* huge and could barely move last year.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

another year of Free Agency and it's same ole Kansas City Cheaps.

maybe we should inform Clark and Pioli the agents arent free.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Signing Peyton Hillis is HUGE. We all know that the Chiefs want to run the ball and indeed, with Matt Cassel at QB, they must. Using 2010 as a benchmark, that means 30-35 rushes per game, 15 for Charles, 15 for Hillis and maybe 5 for McCluster. Did anybody here think they could be effective next year with Thomas Jones and Jackie Battle sharing those carries. Not me! Finding a RB to complement Jamaal was every bit as important as finding a right tackle.

I'd still like to see the Chiefs get an NT and an RT. That will allow them to go into the draft looking for the best player in a number of areas and not restrict themselves to a specific position (like last year with Baldwin).
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
I'd still like to see the Chiefs get an NT and an RT. That will allow them to go into the draft looking for the best player in a number of areas and not restrict themselves to a specific position (like last year with Baldwin).
this! i'm completely with you Mat. with Soliai off the market, i'm not really for sure what NT is worthy of a FA pickup. i love the idea of drafting BPA and not having a glaring weakness that we have to address in the draft. maybe it will work out like 2010 when BPA and need met each other head on.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious if a few of you guys could give a really honest Brandon Carr summary for me. What to expect, is there a huge talent gap between him and Flowers(who I am a huge fan of)all that good stuff. I know he was paid too much so that's besides the point.

I do love his aggressive playing style, physical, size, and youth. That, and well our DB's were just attrocious. I don't expect him to be a lockdown type of guy, but I'm hoping with a good pass rush he can make some plays on the ball.

Some brutal honesty about him would be greatly appreciated though. I don't see you guys that much, but when I did I was focusing on Berry and Flowers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Just curious if a few of you guys could give a really honest Brandon Carr summary for me. What to expect, is there a huge talent gap between him and Flowers(who I am a huge fan of)all that good stuff. I know he was paid too much so that's besides the point.

I do love his aggressive playing style, physical, size, and youth. That, and well our DB's were just attrocious. I don't expect him to be a lockdown type of guy, but I'm hoping with a good pass rush he can make some plays on the ball.

Some brutal honesty about him would be greatly appreciated though. I don't see you guys that much, but when I did I was focusing on Berry and Flowers.
Carr is a good player. He has great size and good speed. He doesn't get many flags and usually isn't in bad position, though he has been before. He will struggle against some of the bigger receivers because he doesn't use his size as well as you'd like, but overall he is a good, talented player.

As far as the gap between him and Flowers, I don't think it's huge, but the gap is there. Flowers has supreme skills when the ball is in the air and Carr is just okay at that. While Carr is faster, Flowers is able to track the ball and his man better.

Overall you got yourself a good corner and he will instantly upgrade that secondary for you. I'm not entirely sure that he can be that "#1" guy because he was never asked to do it here, but I'm rooting for him.

You landed a good player and an even better person. You should be extremely happy, even if you did overpay a little.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another thing that is great about Carr is he never misses games. The kid has started every game since his rookie year. He has 64 starts under his belt.

Last edited by Splat : 03-15-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

just like vidae said, he was never asked to be a #1 CB. so it is still a question as to whether he can handle it play in and play out. here is KC, Flowers and Carr kept their side of the field. if the #1 WR moved to Carrs side then he had the coverage. so, he wont completely overwhelmed. Carr is a good CB and will be much better than what you had. enjoy
Old 03-15-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...ty-with-chiefs

Quote:
In a conference call with reporters Thursday morning, Hillis said he has not been told of his exact role or the carry breakdown for each Kansas City running back in 2012. Hillis said the carry distribution will not be a “big deal” and he thinks a group of Charles, McCluster and himself will be a “huge backfield that can do great things.” Kansas City also is visiting San Diego’s Mike Tolbert on Thursday.

Hillis said reuniting with 2010 Cleveland offensive coordinator Brian Daboll (he has the same role in Kansas City) was a major factor in his deciding to sign with the Chiefs. Hillis said his comfort level with Daboll and his playbook will allow him to immediately feel comfortable in Kansas City.

Hillis signed a one-year contract with the Chiefs for $3 million. Despite the short-term deal, Hillis said he hopes to have a long, productive career in Kansas City.

“I have never been more excited to play football,” he said.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Another thing that is great about Carr is he never misses games. The kid has started every game since his rookie year. He has 64 starts under his belt.
Ah, that is a great point. He doesn't miss games. He plays hurt. He's a real gamer.

Man I'm gunna miss Carr.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any news on Winston\Boss?
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Nothing so far. That is probably a good thing. The fact that he is still here is probably a great thing.

Come on Scott! Get it done!

Old 03-15-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Winston on the way to Baltimore, apparently. Someone said he was on a Baltimore radio station.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Figures they didn't land Winston.... made too much sense
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

They plan to play Peyton Hillis at RT...

I'm expecting to hear they locked up Barry Richardson with in the next 24-48 hours.

Last edited by Splat : 03-15-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote