Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-15-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

him leaving doesn't doom the Chiefs, but it isn't good to let him go to Baltimore. they are already a consistant playoff team and thats what he has said he desires. SB rings > $$$. at this point, with the fit being so nice in KC, i would have made him an offer he would be stupid to walk away from. i don't see Baltimore breaking the bank. they'll sell winning now and Ray Rice.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll have to wait and see how it all shakes out. I'm sure he left here with a more than fair offer, but we're not going to pay him $10m/year like he's rumored to want. It just isn't going to happen.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

schefter tweets Chiefs sign TE Boss
Old 03-15-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can you be sure the offer was fair?

Also does anyone know why Houston didn't just trade him? He was making less than 6 million a year
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 yrs for 9 mill for Boss
Old 03-15-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
schefter tweets Chiefs sign TE Boss
Thanks for that. Good pick up!!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
We'll have to wait and see how it all shakes out. I'm sure he left here with a more than fair offer, but we're not going to pay him $10m/year like he's rumored to want. It just isn't going to happen.
no one on his list can afford that. it doesn't make any sense to try and strong arm every team you visit. i wonder which team he comes sulking back to.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBam View Post
How can you be sure the offer was fair?

Also does anyone know why Houston didn't just trade him? He was making less than 6 million a year
He was here for almost 6 hours. I guess it could have been a ****** offer..

And they released him for cap reasons and the fact that he failed a physical. He had surgery a while back and he failed his physical with the team. They needed to free up some cap room and he was the one to go.

As for Boss, GREAT signing. TE depth was one of the most important areas for this team. Both RB and TE were, actually. Glad we don't have to waste picks on those positions.

Now if only we could get Winston to sign, then we'd be able to go BPA in the draft.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
3 yrs for 9 mill for Boss
arent bad numbers for a TE who can block and catch. plus another TE was a big missing piece for this team.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
no one on his list can afford that. it doesn't make any sense to try and strong arm every team you visit. i wonder which team he comes sulking back to.
He was rumored to have spent 6 hours here today, so hopefully he signs here. I bet the max that Pioli offered is in the realm of $7-$8m a year. We'll see if that is enough for him.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Now if only we could get Winston to sign, then we'd be able to go BPA in the draft.
i'm chubby at the thought... fap fap fap... BPA
Old 03-15-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

Quote:
He was here for almost 6 hours. I guess it could have been a ****** offer..

And they released him for cap reasons and the fact that he failed a physical. He had surgery a while back and he failed his physical with the team. They needed to free up some cap room and he was the one to go.

As for Boss, GREAT signing. TE depth was one of the most important areas for this team. Both RB and TE were, actually. Glad we don't have to waste picks on those positions.

Right "great" is too strong but I do fee greatful the need got addressed. Still think a late round flier on a guy like Hanna would be good.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
He was rumored to have spent 6 hours here today, so hopefully he signs here. I bet the max that Pioli offered is in the realm of $7-$8m a year. We'll see if that is enough for him.
if he walked out on $7-8 M then he's an idiot. his agent has to do a better job relaying him the info from the teams. #1 what his legit value on the market is and #2 what the spending capabilties of the team are. i don't think Baltimore, NYG or and Dolphins are willing to offer near that. plus, thats a hell of a raise for him. i don't blame a guy for getting max value and shopping around, but know your place at the same time. there is NO MARKET for him at $10M
Old 03-15-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

There was apparently some bad information out there earlier. This was just tweeted:

#Chiefs were beginning their visit with Winston tonight so probably no news on a signing (or no signing) tonight

Old 03-15-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

huh... guess he hasn't shot us down, yet. sweet. GET IT DONE SCOTT!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Lock the doors, Scott! Get Agent Hillis to torture him if you have to! SIGN THIS MAN.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charles, Hillis, Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, Moeaki and Boss?that is a nice set of weapons
Old 03-15-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Now we just need a QB to throw to them.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

Quote:
Lock the doors, Scott! Get Agent Hillis to torture him if you have to! SIGN THIS MAN.
Agent Hillis.... good 1
Old 03-15-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, our Offense is looking good. Would you guys prefer going after winston or drafting a guy like Rieff at 11? Proven vet vs. Promising Rookie? If we can get Solai I'd be ecstatic. The chargers are having a good offseason so they might be our only competition for the West next year.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

Prefer Winston.... Solai is resigning with Miami
Old 03-15-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather have Winston, even if they have to over pay a bit. It would just free them up to do whatever in the draft. They could really just go BPA in round one which would be great.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Winston is in KC and the #Chiefs are working on a deal. Stay tuned!

Winston is in KC talking to the #Chiefs. Hearing progress being made might not go to #Ravens!

From WPI. I sure as hell hope this is true.

And I'd MUCH rather have Winston. He's proven and he's skilled. We could literally go BPA and improve the team, wether it be Poe, Kuechly, or my personal favorite, Ryan Tannehill.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

with you vidae I really hope I wake up to "Chiefs sign RT Winston"
Old 03-15-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they sign Winston, everything else they do afterwards is gravy.