Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-15-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

per Adam Teicher.Winston arrived later to KC then expected and got medical stuff done tonight.will continue meetin tommorow and could sign before leaving
Old 03-15-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't look at Twitter much/at all, but it sure as **** is blowing up over the red polo post by Winston.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And per Jason LaCanfora:

Sounds like the Chiefs are pretty serious about trying to keep Eric Winston in their building. #freeagency

This could get done folks.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Friend of mine relayed: "They're doing a really good job of showing me how much they want me." Straight from the man himself.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:15 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With RT looking locked up with Winston, does NT or LG become the teams biggest need? Basically what I'm asking is Poe or DeCastro?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to St. Louis for the weekend (Never been) won't have access to the net. Have a good weekend guys... :)
Old 03-16-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
With RT looking locked up with Winston, does NT or LG become the teams biggest need? Basically what I'm asking is Poe or DeCastro?
i dont want to jinx this and answer your question before Winston signed on the line
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just heard the Chiefs are prepared to make Winston the highest paid RT in football.they want him and BAD
Old 03-16-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's really a toss up between the two, and it really depends on whether or not the team likes Powe from last year. If we sign Winston, and it's looking good right now, we could basically go BPA at 11.

If I had to choose my dream scenario, I'd take Tannehill, but if you're asking who I'd want between Poe and DeCastro, I'd go Poe. We can get a quality OG in the second and third rounds, but you don't see physical freaks like Poe very often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Going to St. Louis for the weekend (Never been) won't have access to the net. Have a good weekend guys... :)
Hey, have fun! St. Louis is a pretty awesome city in certain spots. My sister lives there. It's just too bad you won't be around to celebrate the signing of Winston!

Old 03-16-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, quarterback REMAINS the biggest need, but... yeah...

so IF Winston does sign with KC, then yes, Poe or DeCastro in my opinion (and no Trent Richardson). I'd prefer Poe for all the reasons that Vidae said and also because I like defense.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

My personal preference is: Tannehill, Poe, DeCastro.. in that order.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Chiefs are appreantly interested again in Aubrayo Franklin.

Hillis/Boss/Winston & Franklin would be a tremendous offseason
Old 03-16-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It all starts with Winston. We need to make sure he doesn't set foot outside that building until he has a contract. Come on Scott, get it done.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the suspense is killing me. i want to know what is going on and i want to know the second he signs. i have 4 different internet tabs currently open. 1 with a twitter feed, 1 with arrowheadpride.com, 1 with profootballtalk.com and 1 with you guys. i keep bouncing back and forth, waiting for something to break. its been like since i got up this morning at about 8:45. my wife is PISSED. today is her birthday. its a good thing i already got the present and its a good 1. otherwise i might be in some trouble.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I have Schefter, PFT, Mort and LaCanfora on twitter sending me messages to my phone. I have NFLDC, PFT, the AFC West blog (even though Bill Williamson hasn't broken a Chiefs story in his life) and AHP open.

I NEED SOMETHING PIOLI. I NEED SOMETHING.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

screw it. i am going to jinx us. i'm bored. when looking into the Poe DeCastro debate i lean toward DeCastro every time. he is a hard working player that has played at the highest level of competition and been All Pac 10/12 1st team for 2 years and honorable mention in his true soph season. he is the exactly what every team looks for in an interior offensive lineman with his size, mean streak and overall attitude. he has been ultra successfull at a demanding school (Stanford), for a demanding coach (Harbaugh), for a demanding QB (Luck) in a system that translates very easily to the NFL. during the combine, he felt at home talking about football. never really nevous. that coolness will come in handy during playoff pushes.

here is another scouting report on him from another respectable scouting firm

Pass blocking: Doesn't get beat. Has enough of an anchor and resets hands to get leverage if beaten initially. Keeps feet churning and his head up. Capable of blocking down with one hand and sliding to help tackle. Very aware of late blitzers, can stonewall them or ride them out of the pocket. Usually keeps arms extended in pass pro to maintain distance with his man. Loses the hand-to-hand battle occasionally but works to quickly counter.

Run blocking: Excels as a run blocker in power, zone and on the move. Plays with his eyes up. Takes defenders to the ground and doesn't let up. Rarely allows defenders to sidestep. Not dominant as a drive blocker but grinds to the whistle. Defensive tackles with elite power can anchor or move him off the snap.

Pulling/trapping: Dominant leading on pulls outside and traps inside. Reaches second level instantly, has natural bend and flexibility to get correct angle. Does not always dominate smaller defenders after initial contact, falling off instead of latching on, but can take out multiple targets when he squares. Will miss inside target on occasion, giving max effort to cut or reach the linebacker.

Initial Quickness: Very good off the snap. Gets hands up immediately, rarely beaten with an initial pass-rush move. Swims to reach second-level defenders. Generates push in goal-line situations, firing off hard and low.

Downfield: Has enough -- but not great -- speed. Very effective negating targets seven or eight yards downfield. Inconsistent sustaining blocks against powerful linebackers and defensive backs, lowering his head to easily be disengaged.

Intangibles: Solid work ethic and character. Known for his work on the practice field and weight room. Durable; could play every snap in any scheme. Chose Stanford for its academic standards.

i'm in love. picture an offensive line featuring LT Albert, LG Asomoah, C Hudson, RG DeCastro, RT Winston. thats as good a line as there is in the AFC. that line would mean longer drives on offense, Cassel keeping his jersey clean and a lot more points on the board.

now, to the Poe issue. he is supremely physically gifted. he runs like a LB at 350#s. he can benchpress the stadium if you need him to, but the fact remains against lower competition, he showed flashes, but was never overly dominant. he isn't lazy, but he does seem to take plays off. one scout after watching games of him from 3 different seasons said this, "Poe's statistics are far from eye-popping, but his combination of size, power and overall athleticism certainly are. The big man flashed the ability to dominate competition at this level, demonstrating rare burst off the snap, superb upper-body strength and surprising agility in pursuit. Considering his incredible size to go along with these traits, Poe has as much physical potential as any defensive lineman in the 2012 draft and could earn a first-round selection because of them.

Poe does come with some risk. He has been able to get by at this level with just his physical skill-set and has made meager improvements to his technique in three seasons. There is also the question of where he fits best in the NFL. His weight and strength make him an obvious candidate for nose guard, but Poe struggles with leverage and can be blown off the ball.

Though his initial burst off the snap is good enough to wreak havoc in the backfield, he doesn't often enough get home as a pass rusher to excite teams as a three technique defensive tackle. Athletic enough to handle contain responsibilities, Poe's ultimate fit may lie as a 3-4 defensive end. Some have reservations, however, about whether Poe is willing to fully commit to a position that rarely produces glamorous statistics."

thats not exactly what you want to hear from a guy that could be a top 10 pick. trust me, i get it. i know why is this highly rated. he could be the best interior defensive lineman in the NFL within 2 years of being drafted. he is the epitome of high risk high reward. all i am saying is that for my money i would go the safer route. DeCastro is as safe a pick as you will find in this draft. plus, he addresses part of our OLine issue. Poe could be great, but Powe could be too and we have been a good defense w/o Poe. not saying we don't need another NT, just not Poe.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't necessarily disagree with any particular point, but still, something about drafting a guard that high.. mehhhh.

The line of Albert DeCastro Hudson Asamoah Winston would make me randy though. That line is as good as any line in the NFL, not just the AFC.. but still.. Guard at 11.. ehhhhhh.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am starting to think like King Carl, DeCastro seems like a "can't miss" pick. I like the idea of Poe but am souring on him. Keep hearing about his lack of production against competetion he should dominate. Can get a NT in the 2nd round.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm starting to get worried. Where is the news?! Where is the word out of Arrowhead? COME ON CHIEFS, LOCK HIM UP.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

i know that Arrowhead has been pretty tight lipped since Pioli rolled into town, but you would have figured it would have leaked somewhere. i'm just looking at it like its mail. "no news is good news". you can't get any bad info from no news at all, right?
Old 03-16-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Ugh I don't know. Signing him makes too much sense to not happen. I've been able to defend some of the moves this franchise has made (or hasn't made) because they didn't make perfect sense, but signing Winston makes perfect sense for this organization. RT is our biggest need and they know it. Pioli has come out and said we need to get better along the offensive line. The pieces all add up. Ugh ugh ugh.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Ugh I don't know. Signing him makes too much sense to not happen. I've been able to defend some of the moves this franchise has made (or hasn't made) because they didn't make perfect sense, but signing Winston makes perfect sense for this organization. RT is our biggest need and they know it. Pioli has come out and said we need to get better along the offensive line. The pieces all add up. Ugh ugh ugh.
Here's what I've got on the situation:

Quote:
#Chiefs update: Hearing very good things out of KC regarding Eric Winston's visit. Word has it the Chiefs are prepared to make him the highest paid right tackle in the NFL. Talks are turning serious today.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Here's what I've got on the situation:
Yeah, when was that? He could be on his way to the Rams soon.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

And I'm also leaning more towards DeCastro than Poe, but I also have Kuechly in the mix...

The thing is, they aren't getting another shot at a NT if they don't get a solid one in FA or take a chance with Poe (if he's even available). So Jerrell Powe better be everything he has the potential to be in that event.

But DeCastro and Kuechly can make their respective units the best in the NFL.

I think I'm leaning towards wanting Franklin in FA with Kuechly and Zeitler with the first two picks. I'd go with DeCastro-Hightower, but it's tough to see Hightower falling out of the first round.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yeah, when was that? He could be on his way to the Rams soon.
3 hours ago.