Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-16-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
And I'm also leaning more towards DeCastro than Poe, but I also have Kuechly in the mix...

The thing is, they aren't getting another shot at a NT if they don't get a solid one in FA or take a chance with Poe (if he's even available). So Jerrell Powe better be everything he has the potential to be in that event.

But DeCastro and Kuechly can make their respective units the best in the NFL.

I think I'm leaning towards wanting Franklin in FA with Kuechly and Zeitler with the first two picks. I'd go with DeCastro-Hightower, but it's tough to see Hightower falling out of the first round.
What do you think of Ta'amu in the 2nd as a NT?
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that if they pass on Poe at 11 then they like Powe. Just a gut feeling.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like Ta'amu.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Fangupu. Are there only like 3 potential NT's in the draft?
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Winston ‏ @ericwinston
Just ate lunch at Jack's Stack. Whoa. That was impressive

That was 3 minutes ago. Get him addicted to the BBQ! He'll NEVER leave!

edit: I would have taken him to Oklahoma Joe's though.

Last edited by vidae : 03-16-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Eric Winston ‏ @ericwinston
Just ate lunch at Jack's Stack. Whoa. That was impressive

That was 3 minutes ago. Get him addicted to the BBQ! He'll NEVER leave!

edit: I would have taken him to Oklahoma Joe's though.
LOL...and I would have taken him to Woodyard. Jack's Stack is a nicer place and if you are trying to impress someone...
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

True. If you're actually trying to talk business, you go to Jack Stack.. haha. Oklahoma Joes is for when you just want to shove food in your face.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he is still in KC eating at a swanky BBQ joint. I love where this is going. can it really be this good of a match?

when he officially signs, we can tweet him this top 10 list of bbq places in KC. Oklahoma Joes and Smokin Guns are top of my list.

Edit: Woodyard is good to. Just an awkward house arrangement for a big impression.

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 03-16-2012 at 02:36 PM.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@kentbabb If the #Chiefs had taken @ericwinston to Oklahoma Joe's he would've signed a 24-year contract by now
Old 03-16-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
@kentbabb If the #Chiefs had taken @ericwinston to Oklahoma Joe's he would've signed a 24-year contract by now
Haha, so true.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop with the BBQ talk! I came here to talk about Chiefs football, but now

Does BBQ sauce make good lube?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The only thing in our minds right now is Winston staying in KC!

Old 03-16-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gut feeling I may andcould be wrong on this.Someone does'nt make the trip to St. Louis
Old 03-16-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I feel the same way but gd it I want some answers sooner rather than later.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Stop with the BBQ talk! I came here to talk about Chiefs football, but now

Does BBQ sauce make good lube?
depends on your palate and your threshold for pain. KC Masterpiece has alot of sugar, but its thick as hell. Arthur Bryants has a good consistency, but vinegar is an acid and may become painful for everyone.

i like where your head is at though. you'll fit in well in KC
Old 03-16-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little late on the DeCastro v. Poe talk, but I wanted to chime in. DC was actually very productive at a big time school, in a big time conference, in big time games. He has the raw talent to be a dominant guard in the league. Pertaining to Poe, only that last sentence applies. He has been productive nowhere except the weight room.

I know I mentioned Coples before, but everyone started talking about Dorsey. The same arguments for DeCastro apply to Coples and I have a suspicion he may be available at 11.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
depends on your palate and your threshold for pain. KC Masterpiece has alot of sugar, but its thick as hell. Arthur Bryants has a good consistency, but vinegar is an acid and may become painful for everyone.

i like where your head is at though. you'll fit in well in KC
I bet Bear's Smoke Shack's sauce would provide a nice lubricant. Good consistency, probably won't burn too much (just enough to feel good) as long as you use his classic sauce, and is just very balanced all-around.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as there are no hot spices in the sauce, it'll do.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora
For those asking for Eric Winston update; remains in KC and the Chiefs still in contract talks. Other visits planned if no deal #freeagency

Old 03-16-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

i am a millimeter away from suicide anyway after watching the Tigers go down in flames in the 1st round. my wife has locked up the guns and taken away all sharp objects. if i don't hear from 1 Arrowhead Dr that they have signed Mr Winston very soon, i can guarantee that i won't make it through the night.

my bracket and my dreams busted in a single second. (the next sentence will show some of my age) i feel worse about this loss than i did about 5th Down, the kicked ball by Nebraska, or even the coast 2 coast by Tyus Edney.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
i am a millimeter away from suicide anyway after watching the Tigers go down in flames in the 1st round. my wife has locked up the guns and taken away all sharp objects. if i don't hear from 1 Arrowhead Dr that they have signed Mr Winston very soon, i can guarantee that i won't make it through the night.

my bracket and my dreams busted in a single second. (the next sentence will show some of my age) i feel worse about this loss than i did about 5th Down, the kicked ball by Nebraska, or even the coast 2 coast by Tyus Edney.
Thanks to that upset I have no chance of winning my $1000 bracket. 100 people, $20 a piece, half the proceeds go to charity

Old 03-16-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah I'm starting to get pretty worried about all this. He has been there for like 36 hours and nothing yet? I mean, I guess it's good that he's still at 1 Arrowhead Drive, but I'm still getting worried.

edit:

Can update the Eric Winston situation. He's still in KC. Looks like he will stay another nite. #Chiefs could still sign him tonite or Sat.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Thanks to that upset I have no chance of winning my $1000 bracket. 100 people, $20 a piece, half the proceeds go to charity
Thats a good idea to donate half to charity, but I know my friends. They ***** about the $20 entry fee. I really thought MU had a Final Four run in them this year.

I guess its good Winston is still in town. It means things have gone well so far, but if he does leave now, he wont be back. Pioli would prolly take a hardline on his offer and make it good as long as he stays in town and doesnt complete another visit. My hope is he is now asking his wife for her thoughts.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm seeing the argument for DeCastro at 11. People thought No one would take Eric Berry at five...and I'm really glad they did. I guess at the end of the day. The draft picks get replenished every year, and we have a nose who Romeo likes. I say if we grab a Nose in Free Agency. We have to take a guy like DeCastro. I know it's a really high place to take a guard, but this guy will come in and potentially dominate from day one. We sign winston and we have a young, uber talented line. This line isn't going to be as good at the vermiel line with three hall of famers on it, but it's going to be an elite line in today's NFL. Mix in with JC, Hillis and our Recieving Options....Looking deadly. It would be like vermiels offense(kinda, not sure how Daboll is an as OC) mixed with a young, uber talented Defense who could take us to the top.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We gotta sign Winston first. The Dolphins, Redskins and Rams reportedly have interest. If he leaves after staying here two days, he ain't comin back. We need this to be done tonight or early tomorrow or it's over I think.