Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

View Poll Results: Would you extend Romo before the start of the season?
Yes 12 52.17%
No 11 47.83%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Do you think we should extend Romo before the start of the season

Personally, no.

I think we should extend him midseason if he is having a good season, but I wouldn't extend him until at least week 5.

Lets not forget that the last 5 games of the season the Cowboys were 1-4 (including the playoff game). Romo through 8 ints and 7 TD's during that stretch.

As much as I 'THINK' he'll be a good QB for years to come, I don't want to lock him up for a long time right now if he's not.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

No. Let's make sure he's not a flash in the pan before we give him big bucks.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course the flip side is if he blows up this year and throws 25 TDs and 7 INTs and has 4000 yards, he is going to cost you a ton more than right now. It's a tough call for Jerry.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

51% Yes 49% No, in my mind. We may need a recount.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I say no. Let's see where his head is after last season.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
dware_94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Of course the flip side is if he blows up this year and throws 25 TDs and 7 INTs and has 4000 yards, he is going to cost you a ton more than right now. It's a tough call for Jerry.
yes and that's why
Old 03-06-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Right now I'd say his value is pretty high...he's shown that he can be a high-quality starting quarterback (heck he went to a pro-bowl this season), but then again Mark Brunell went to the Pro-Bowl last year (Bledsoe probably should have as well)...disregarding their age, would you like to give them long-term contracts as well? I'd guess not, because hindsight is a beautiful thing. Romo's value is not going to increase much more than it already has, whereas it certainly could fall. If you give him a big contract now, not only are you paying more for him this season, but you could be majorly overpaying in the future if he stumbles. Better to play it safe this year.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Romo is 26 dude.....
Old 03-06-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, 4 people say they voted no, but there are only 3 no votes?

Designs by Thule

Quote:
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

I voted yes, if you are reffuring to me.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

No, I knew you voted YES.

I misread one of the posts.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Old 03-06-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, but not for a reason anyone has said yet. Right now, Romo is driven. He is driven to make the botched snap right again. If we give him a big fat contract now, it lets him relax. Right now I don't want him to relax, I want him to prove the doubters wrong.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Romo is 26 dude.....
Can you read? "DISREGARDING THEIR AGE..."
Old 03-06-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No, see Scott Mitchell
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

A clip from Mick I thought applicable to this discussion:

"Don't you worry. This is no revelation to Romo. He knows he's still proving himself. He knows he's a work in progress. He knows he's not out of those who-is-this-guy woods just yet. He knows until he earns that big payday the ice he's on will always be moderately thin."
Old 03-06-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted yes. Why? I don't think Romo will be a bust. He's shown me enough. The longer we wait, the more we'll have to dish out. Especially if he continues to do well. You don't always wanna lock guys up prematurely which is the logic behind most of the No votes, but I think Romo is the answer guys. Lock him up now.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didnt we resign him last year before the season?
- Atlanta Falcons GM
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I voted yes. Why? I don't think Romo will be a bust. He's shown me enough. The longer we wait, the more we'll have to dish out. Lock him up now.
I have to agree with D-Unit.

As I said, if he goes off this year for 25+TDs and 10INTs and throws for 4000+ yards, he will command giant money. Right now you could probably get him for just big money.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a fan of paying him during the season. I don't like the idea of sidetracking him...so hopefully NFL deals during the season deal more with the agents...but I agree that take about 6 weeks to evaluate where he is at.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:49 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted No!

Reason: I have not seen enough that tells me Romo is the guy. He has shown signs, but that's not enough to open the vault just yet.

It sounds to me, by just listening to Jerry Jones. That he is hesitant on crowning Romo as the next great QB of the Cowboys.

It will be interesting to see which QB Dallas selects (if they select one) in the draft.
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:33 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I have to agree with D-Unit.

As I said, if he goes off this year for 25+TDs and 10INTs and throws for 4000+ yards, he will command giant money. Right now you could probably get him for just big money.
How many Dallas QB's have ever thrown for 4000+ yards??? Yeah ok...

Now granted he could throw 25 and 10... But whats that??? A couple extra TD's more then he did this season?

We sign him longterm when we know he is our longterm answer.
shane_man is offline   Reply With Quote