Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:14 PM    (permalink
ZOMGitsjosh
Rookie

ZOMGitsjosh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post

Thomas Davis OLB Carolina Panthers:
After a relatively slow development due to two position changes in two years and then another one before the beginning of the season, Davis has come into his own at WLB for the Panthers. He won't pick off many passes, but he is adept in coverage, is able to blitz with effectiveness and is one of the hardest hitters and surest tackles in the NFL. Never really gets noticed as the world of OLB's is usually 34 names, but in the 43 he is among the top in the NFL.
Agreedddd.
ZOMGitsjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Greenway

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Super-Underrated
Antonio Bryant - Chris Houston can attest to his underratedness. Underrated to Hakeem Nicks proportions, and they're similar players.
Antonio Bryant is not "super underrated". He's an average starter that did not have a great season until last year.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Defense:
DE: Justin Smith
LB: Barrett Ruud

Offense:
WR: Roddy White
QB: Chad Pennington
Old 03-18-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
MooshooGawd
Rookie

MooshooGawd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dhani Jones

Most people overlook him because he's been on a number of teams and even Bengal fans are overlooking him in hopes of drafting a 'stud' MLB.

The guy's not flashy, but I he's exactly what our defense needs. Led the NFL in tackles for most of last season.
MooshooGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Antonio Bryant is not "super underrated". He's an average starter that did not have a great season until last year.
No antonio Bryant has consistently been an offensive force wherever he's landed, new system, new QB, none of it has mattered, he's produced and no one knows where he ends up year to year, but he finds a way to play well.

His problem is he's a complete headcase.

In 6 years he has over 5,000 yards and 25 touchdowns. Not bad, for someone who's never mentioned with effective wide receivers. Especially when you consider for the first two years of his career he was buried on the dallas depth chart, spent 2 years with the browns, a full year out of football and then came back last year to have the best stats of his career.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
For New England:

RT Nick Kaczur - Everyone cites a weakness at right tackle when giving New England an offensive linemen, but Kaczur actually allowed just 3.5 sacks last year and did a pretty good job overall.
I disagree. Every time I watched the Pats play- all I saw was him getting manhandled.
Each time the pressure came from his side. Regardless if he gave up the sack or not... he contributed to breaking down the pocket.
He urks me so f-in bad. I hope we upgraded via the draft.

*shrug* I just don't see what you see in him

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I disagree. Every time I watched the Pats play- all I saw was him getting manhandled.
Each time the pressure came from his side. Regardless if he gave up the sack or not... he contributed to breaking down the pocket.
He urks me so f-in bad. I hope we upgraded via the draft.

*shrug* I just don't see what you see in him
Could he be upgraded? yes. Is he the worst tackle in the league? Absolutely not. He isn't as terrible as so many patriots fans make him out to be. The only way to upgrade him would be early in the draft, and I'd rather fill our more glaring needs than upgrade a position that isn't that bad.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
You're just proving how underrated he is. You call him an average starter right after admitting he had a great season last year. This is what I'm talking about.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
well my bad.
I think he had jus one good year an i dont think he can stay healthy for a whole season. an hes not the youngest player so he doesnt have many years left.

thats my opinion
Age doesn't really factor into whether a guy is 'underrated'....at least in my books. We aren't basing this on potential....not going against your opinion on Graham, just i don't see how age is one of the key criteria you are using for this.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im gonna mention 2 names not on my team.

1. Zach Miller - people don't realize how good Zach Miller really is because of the ineptitude of the Oakland offense. The guy is ALWAYS open. He's a beast. The problem is he's left in to block 80% of the time, and a lot of times when he's open, he doesn't get the ball. On another team he'd be drawing comparisons to Jason Witten.

2. Kevin Vickerson - Kevin Vickerson is the league's best kept secret. He's going to replace Haynesworth, and while he won't give you what Haynesworth gave you, he's going to be a great player in his own right. There were times when he was on the field and I mistaken him for Haynesworth. Same size/strength, and both can push that pocket back and draw the double. This guy will ease the loss of Haynesworth, and could very well develop into a beast in his own right.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stewart Bradley. I loved him as a prospect out of Nebraska.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not from my team but...

Jeff Otah - Otah was one of the main reasons Williams/Stewart had so much success. I haven't seen an OT in while who dominate in the run game like he does. I know he's a RT but his pass pro was solid and he did a surprising well against speed rushers. When I watched Carolina play, I loved just watching him. As rookie, he was a man among boys. He is one of if not the best RT's in football and the best is still to come.

Eric Winston - Another under-appreciated RT. Winston is a terrific pass protector and a great fit in their offense. He is very athletic and has very sound foot work. The Texans O-Line have had a big improvement in recent years and Winston is a big reason for that. He is also solid in the run game and can get movement on DE's.

Last edited by TACKLE : 03-19-2009 at 01:36 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
well my bad.
I think he had jus one good year an i dont think he can stay healthy for a whole season. an hes not the youngest player so he doesnt have many years left.

thats my opinion
It's not like we're talking about someone who's had 10 years of carrying the football. Graham earned himself a shot 2 years ago and never looked back. Last year he suffered from a fluke injury. Considering his size and running style, there's no reason to believe he can't stay healthy, especially now that Jon "run 'em into the ground" Gruden is gone.

Graham is a power back with good vision, receiving ability, and blocking. He's unselfish, hard-working and plays with heart. He runs behind an offensive line that gets absolutely no push in the run game, and teams keyed on Graham and the run because we had no offensive talent and a stupid dinky offense.

He should improve a lot this year (statistically) in combination with Ward.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tanard Jackson is ridiculously underrated.

Im a Barrett Rudd fan too.

I might be alone in this, but I think the Bucs are gonna be real nice. If they didn't quit on Kiffin, I firmly believed they couldve been SB contenders this past year.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Other teams:

Stewart Bradley LB Philadelphia Eagles:
Though in his first year starting he didn't light up the statistical categories he showed excellent ability to read an react to the play in front of him. His first step is great, he runs well in coverage and shows some good fluidity in his playing style and when needed he can deliver the wood. It's a homer comparison but he reminds me a heck of a lot of a young Dan Morgan, quick to read, quick to swarm and does damage when he gets there, one of the better young linebackers coming through the NFL.

Owen Daniels TE Houston Texans: This guy doesn't get the credit he deserves for just how good he has been. When TE discussions usually crop up it's all about Witten, Gates and Gonzalez, occasionally schefter sneaks in a mention, but this guy has been consistently up there with all of them. Especially as a receiver. Last year he was 3rd among active tight ends with over 70 receptions and 800 yards. Though he is a recognisable name, he is an elite TE and is never mentioned as such, for that reason he's underrated.

Shaun Ellis DE New York Jets: Aided by the arrival of Kris Jenkins Ellis really stepped up his performance in 2008 and managed to find himself with more sacks and tackles than some outside linebackers. Not a bad effort imo, and he doesn't get enough credit for just how good of a defensive end he is. As far as I'm concerned he gets very little recognition considering just how good he is.

Homer Pick:

Thomas Davis OLB Carolina Panthers:
After a relatively slow development due to two position changes in two years and then another one before the beginning of the season, Davis has come into his own at WLB for the Panthers. He won't pick off many passes, but he is adept in coverage, is able to blitz with effectiveness and is one of the hardest hitters and surest tackles in the NFL. Never really gets noticed as the world of OLB's is usually 34 names, but in the 43 he is among the top in the NFL.
surprising Davis has a big year when Peppers had one.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not my team: Aaron Smith DE Steelers

I think he is an amazing DE that hardly gets any credit. Always hearin about troy, woodley and harrison, but never Aaron Smith.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Age doesn't really factor into whether a guy is 'underrated'....at least in my books. We aren't basing this on potential....not going against your opinion on Graham, just i don't see how age is one of the key criteria you are using for this.
i didnt mean it like age is reallly important i ment like i dont think he has what it takes to have a good year. again, just my own opinion

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals:

Offense- Andrew Whitworth

Defense- The entire unit. Haha, jk but theres a few guys such as Peko, Ndukwe, Dhani Jones, and Chris Crocker. Peko and Ndukwe especially.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Fargas, Chris Johnson
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense- LG David Baas. 33rd overall pick from 05. He never started a season due to various stupid reasons, but he always produced. When he was inserted into the lineup, C Eric Heitmann and LT Joe Staleys play both improved. Good pass protector and run blocker as well as a good pulling guar.d

Defense- OLB Manny Lawson. Everyone thinks hes a bust, which is partially true. Hes not the pass rusher 49er fans hoped for, but hes solid in run support and excellent in coverage. He's not the star we expected but hes a good starter.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:43 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
For New England:

RB Laurence Maroney - His lack of success has been more to do with injuries and a lack of opportunities than skill. His rookie year incl. playoffs had more yards on less carries than Joseph Addai.

RT Nick Kaczur - Everyone cites a weakness at right tackle when giving New England an offensive linemen, but Kaczur actually allowed just 3.5 sacks last year and did a pretty good job overall.

CB Terrence Wheatley - I see a lot of people claiming New England took a bust when they give them a cornerback, but Wheatley actually was shutting down Marvin Harrison in his first start before a season-ending wrist injury.
I agree Wheatley is much more talented than he gets credit for, but maybe using Marvin Harrison to illustrate that point is not the best way to go. lol

My Pats vote goes to:

Jarvis Green - the guy makes plays every time he's on the field and I don't ever feel like we have a drop-off when Seymour or Warren get hurt and miss time.

Kevin Faulk - Bob Kraft should just build a statue of this guy somewhere in the new Patriots Place facility. Faulk is the ultimate Patriot (sorry Troy!) and has been a stud in any capacity the Pats need for over a decade. 3rd down back my ass.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
triggernome
Rookie

triggernome hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Owen Daniels and Kevin Walter have been mentioned already, so I'll go in a different direction for the Texans.

Vonta Leach - This guy is an absolute monster run blocker, and a big reason why we've been able to run the ball at all before Slaton, as well as a key part of Slaton's success.

Jacques Reeves - He got abused early on in the season, but down the stretch he was able to play the ball a lot better and became a very solid CB. He's always been able to stick with his man downfield, and could be a beast with better defensive coaches.
triggernome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Mauck
Rookie

Mauck hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Matt Schaub QB Houston

4th completion percent 66.1
2nd yards per attempt 8.0
4th Yards per game 276.6
7th QB rating 92.7

26th ESPN QB rank 'em
Mauck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since Leonard Weaver is an Eagle now I'm throwing his name into the discussion. He is a beast.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote