Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 03-06-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Bucs agreed to terms with T Luke Petitgout.

http://rotoworld.com/Content/playerp...ort=NFL&id=932

Bucs agreed to terms with T Luke Petitgout.

Yet another high-risk signing for Tampa, but at least this one has a high reward. Petitgout is one of the best run blocking tackles in the league, and he doesn't have to protect the blind side if Chris Simms wins the Tampa job. Petitgout is coming off a broken leg and has a history of back troubles, so we suspect some incentives are built into the deal.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

What are your thoughts? I hope he is not injury prone.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Free-agent tackle Luke Petitgout has reached agreement with Tampa Bay on a three-year, $15.5 million deal that includes a $3 million signing bonus. "

Doesn't sound too bad to me. Better than the Carter deal in my opinion. The guy is 30 years old and shoud have no problem starting at LT for the Bucs.

Question is, Do the Bucs still take Joe Thomas if CJ is off the board?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this more or less locks Amobi in at #4 if Calvin doesn't fall to us.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the recent signings, it looks like we will trade down if CJ is gone. Amobi Okoye is not worth a top 5 pick or top 5 money, so there is no chance that we will draft him at #4. We would have to pay DeWayne Robertson money for a guy that is not an elite player or a high-impact player. There's only one possible outcome for drafting him at #4, and it's bad.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Merlin
Veteran

Merlin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
"Free-agent tackle Luke Petitgout has reached agreement with Tampa Bay on a three-year, $15.5 million deal that includes a $3 million signing bonus. "

Doesn't sound too bad to me. Better than the Carter deal in my opinion. The guy is 30 years old and shoud have no problem starting at LT for the Bucs.

Question is, Do the Bucs still take Joe Thomas if CJ is off the board?
If Quinn is their we would be mad not to take him, he'd have a year to sit and learn behind Garcia, it would be perfect IMO.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
If Quinn is their we would be mad not to take him, he'd have a year to sit and learn behind Garcia, it would be perfect IMO.

Hi, my name is Chris Simms. Remember that time I helped lead the Bucs to the playoffs, where our O-Line and a Edell Shpered drop blew the game? And how I was a solid starter all season? No one ever seems to. :(

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love this signing, best LT available
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Repeat after me: We are not getting another Quarterback this off season. Gruden should be fired if we do. Chris Simms is a good QB. Garcia doesn't want us to draft a QB in round one.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NOt a bad signing, and seriously etk, do you think ANY defnesive player is worthy of our first rounder? You bashed Adams and you don't tihnk OKoye is gonna be a superstar. Any defnesive players cath your eye then?

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really like this deal, at the beginning of the off-season I didn't think there was any OL player that we realistically could get that would make a significant improvement. Im pleasently surprised.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
NOt a bad signing, and seriously etk, do you think ANY defnesive player is worthy of our first rounder? You bashed Adams and you don't tihnk OKoye is gonna be a superstar. Any defnesive players cath your eye then?
Is any defensive player worth the 4th overall pic? No. But I could definitely see the Buccaneers drafting Gaines Adams with the #4 overall. He would add a great dimension to Tampas lacklustre pass rush and would continue with our D-Line overhaul.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:18 AM    (permalink
Merlin
Veteran

Merlin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Repeat after me: We are not getting another Quarterback this off season. Gruden should be fired if we do. Chris Simms is a good QB. Garcia doesn't want us to draft a QB in round one.
Chris Simms may be a good QB, but do you honestly think he is our future?

We signed Garcia to a two year deal, as thing's stand we have an unproven Simms who was only re-signed to a two year deal himself, thats hardly a glowing show of confidence IMO, and a second year 6th rounder!

To let Quinn sit for a year and learn the offense, would be an ideal situation, defensivly the draft has plenty of depth in most positions, I don't believe their is a top 5 defender in this years draft.

If CJ isn't their, I would hope we take Quinn, though if we selected Thomas, I wouldn't lose any sleep.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:45 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Chris Simms may be a good QB, but do you honestly think he is our future?

We signed Garcia to a two year deal, as thing's stand we have an unproven Simms who was only re-signed to a two year deal himself, thats hardly a glowing show of confidence IMO, and a second year 6th rounder!

To let Quinn sit for a year and learn the offense, would be an ideal situation, defensivly the draft has plenty of depth in most positions, I don't believe their is a top 5 defender in this years draft.

If CJ isn't their, I would hope we take Quinn, though if we selected Thomas, I wouldn't lose any sleep.
I honestly would not be surprised if the Buccaneers drafting Quinn. He could sit behind Garcia for a year and learn from an experienced player.

In saying that, I do not think that the organisation is willing to give up on Simms yet. He has proven himself a decent starter in the past and I hope he can do it again in the future.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
I honestly would not be surprised if the Buccaneers drafting Quinn. He could sit behind Garcia for a year and learn from an experienced player.

In saying that, I do not think that the organisation is willing to give up on Simms yet. He has proven himself a decent starter in the past and I hope he can do it again in the future.

It wouldn't shock me if the Bucs took Quinn. I imagine a trade involving Simms would occur if Quinn was drafted.
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
There are 2 defensive players worthy of a top 5 pick this year IMO. LaRon Landry & Alan Branch. Branch could be a dominant NT, but he doesn't suit us. Landry will be a perennial Pro Bowler and have instant success. He is a complete safety. Because Branch does not fit our defense, Landry is the only defensive player worth drafting without trading down. I like Okoye but he is not worth a top 12 pick, and Gaines Adams is overrated and would have limited impact on our team because he can't stop the run. Jamaal Anderson would be an OK pick too. There's just a lack of breathtaking talent from the defensive guys this year. No AJ Hawks or Sean Taylors, etc.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Bucs4242
Rookie

Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post

Hi, my name is Chris Simms. Remember that time I helped lead the Bucs to the playoffs, where our O-Line and a Edell Shpered drop blew the game? And how I was a solid starter all season? No one ever seems to. :(

I haven't forgot. It is convenient for people who are anti-Gruden/Simms to forget about the 2005 season. I remember counting out 3-4 4th quarter game winning drives Simms manufactured. Something I've never seen done before in Tampa. The offense coming from behind in the 4th quarter?

Simms has had his struggles but for a guy who still hasn't started 16 games yet, people are fast to throw that bust label on him. Some people cant stand waiting for a QB to develop in todays NFL, even if it is widely known that the WCO takes 5 years to learn the in's and out's in. Simms is going into his 5th year.

I still think Simms fits better in a offense like Oakland, SSt Louis, Detroit, Dallas, etc. I really think he can do some serious damage ala Kurt Warner, Drew Bledsoe if he was in the right offense. That being said I wouldn't be completely pszd if the Bucs drafted Quinn but it would be far from my first choice
Old 03-08-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Bucs4242
Rookie

Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
There are 2 defensive players worthy of a top 5 pick this year IMO. LaRon Landry & Alan Branch. Branch could be a dominant NT, but he doesn't suit us. Landry will be a perennial Pro Bowler and have instant success. He is a complete safety. Because Branch does not fit our defense, Landry is the only defensive player worth drafting without trading down. I like Okoye but he is not worth a top 12 pick, and Gaines Adams is overrated and would have limited impact on our team because he can't stop the run. Jamaal Anderson would be an OK pick too. There's just a lack of breathtaking talent from the defensive guys this year. No AJ Hawks or Sean Taylors, etc.
Laron Landry would be a horrible pick, I would take Dwayne JArrett, Levi Brown, Patrick WIllis, Jamaal Anderson, Leon Hall, Brandon Meriweather and maybe Chris Houston over Laron Landry. I think Meriweather is better than Landry. Bucs do not need a top 10 draft pick on a safety. Im not sold on Alan Branch either. Personally I would rather draft both Gaines Adams or Amobi Okoye over Branch. WHy in the world would the Bucs draft a NT top 5? It would be the equivelant of drafting a dominate center top 5 for how important NT is to this defense. Even if Branch played UT for the BUcs, he has not been a productive pass rusher. Id rather take a DE who cant stop the run over a UT who cant rush the pass.

Gaines Adams is strong against the run and has good size. Gaines Adams is definitely worth the #4 pick.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs4242 View Post
I haven't forgot. It is convenient for people who are anti-Gruden/Simms to forget about the 2005 season. I remember counting out 3-4 4th quarter game winning drives Simms manufactured. Something I've never seen done before in Tampa. The offense coming from behind in the 4th quarter?

Simms has had his struggles but for a guy who still hasn't started 16 games yet, people are fast to throw that bust label on him. Some people cant stand waiting for a QB to develop in todays NFL, even if it is widely known that the WCO takes 5 years to learn the in's and out's in. Simms is going into his 5th year.

I still think Simms fits better in a offense like Oakland, SSt Louis, Detroit, Dallas, etc. I really think he can do some serious damage ala Kurt Warner, Drew Bledsoe if he was in the right offense. That being said I wouldn't be completely pszd if the Bucs drafted Quinn but it would be far from my first choice
Thank you very much, well said.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Laron Landry would be a horrible pick, I would take Dwayne JArrett, Levi Brown, Patrick WIllis, Jamaal Anderson, Leon Hall, Brandon Meriweather and maybe Chris Houston over Laron Landry. I think Meriweather is better than Landry. Bucs do not need a top 10 draft pick on a safety. Im not sold on Alan Branch either. Personally I would rather draft both Gaines Adams or Amobi Okoye over Branch. WHy in the world would the Bucs draft a NT top 5? It would be the equivelant of drafting a dominate center top 5 for how important NT is to this defense. Even if Branch played UT for the BUcs, he has not been a productive pass rusher. Id rather take a DE who cant stop the run over a UT who cant rush the pass.

Gaines Adams is strong against the run and has good size. Gaines Adams is definitely worth the #4 pick.
I never said I thought we should take him, he's just the only defensive player worthy of a top 5 pick IMO. We need to improve our pass rush one way or another if CJ is gone. You didn't say Jarrett there did you!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I think Meriweather is better than Landry.
In no way is Merriweather better than Landry. No way.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would still rather have nelson and griffen over merriweather
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post

Exactly, which is why saying you would take him over Landry is idiotic

Old 03-09-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Nelson sucks. Meriweather is the 2nd best safety, but he's not close to Landry.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-09-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Bucsfan
Rookie

Bucsfan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the only legitamate reason some of you want merriweather is cause he is from florida.....I guess I cant blame ya...I want Eric Weddle at safety, I think he would fit our team better
Old 03-09-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

None of us are from Florida, and you want Weddle because you are from Utah. It doesn't get more homer than that. I think Weddle might slip to us in the 3rd and we will take him there. I would like that a lot.

sig by BoneKrusher