Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFL passes 4 player safety rules

NFL passes 4 player safety rules
http://www.comcast.net/articles/spor.../NFL.Meetings/

Someone posted this on our giants MB.

One major new change is:

Quote:
On kickoffs, no blocking wedge of more than two players will be allowed. Also, the kicking team can't have more than five players bunched together pursuing an onside kick.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read somewhere they might get rid of the wedge. From an X's and O's stand point how is that going to affect special teams Shock? Think we'll see less returns for TD's?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I read somewhere they might get rid of the wedge. From an X's and O's stand point how is that going to affect special teams Shock? Think we'll see less returns for TD's?
LOL It's pretty much two people holding hands as the wedge. Just thinking about it makes me crack up. A bunch of big dudes holding hands, and either having to resort to clothes lining the guy, or god knows what next. So i guess it would be groups of two acting as the wedge and then the KR having to pick his spot and then making things happen on his own.

From an Xs and Os stand point, your scheme and plays change. Instead of having your guys drop back and forming a 5 player wedge or something, now I guess your doing pockets of 2. I am curious to see how that will work. Normally depending on where the kicker kicks the ball, middle, left or right, your guys drop their landmarks accordingly and set up their blocks. If I have a chance tomorrow I will scan some stuff to people get to see what I mean.

My question is what constitutes a wedge? What if my guys are close but not close enough to hold hands? Think of an OL spacing? Is that a wedge? I guess if I was a ST's coach I would want to get a ref. to training camp to see if that's legal or not. But it does impact your plays and scheme on special teams.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
LOL It's pretty much two people holding hands as the wedge. Just thinking about it makes me crack up. A bunch of big dudes holding hands, and either having to resort to clothes lining the guy, or god knows what next. So i guess it would be groups of two acting as the wedge and then the KR having to pick his spot and then making things happen on his own.

From an Xs and Os stand point, your scheme and plays change. Instead of having your guys drop back and forming a 5 player wedge or something, now I guess your doing pockets of 2. I am curious to see how that will work. Normally depending on where the kicker kicks the ball, middle, left or right, your guys drop their landmarks accordingly and set up their blocks. If I have a chance tomorrow I will scan some stuff to people get to see what I mean.

My question is what constitutes a wedge? What if my guys are close but not close enough to hold hands? Think of an OL spacing? Is that a wedge? I guess if I was a ST's coach I would want to get a ref. to training camp to see if that's legal or not. But it does impact your plays and scheme on special teams.
From what I just read it's going to be a pentalty if more than 2 players are shoulder to shoulder within 2 yards of each other. This rule is really really ridiculous. As they said on BBI it's really going to like 3 or 4 mini games of Red Rover going on.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch these:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f5e234

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f69e54
Old 03-24-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
From what I just read it's going to be a pentalty if more than 2 players are shoulder to shoulder within 2 yards of each other. This rule is really really ridiculous. As they said on BBI it's really going to like 3 or 4 mini games of Red Rover going on.
If that's the case then I would do what some colleges do with their OL splits. I'd make it 3-3.5 yard splits and go that way. And then have each guy block his lane. Again you'd have to draw it out, but this is a very interesting rule.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard that one of the rule changes is that quarterbacks are going to start wearing skirts instead of traditional football pants starting this season.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, the kicking team can’t have more than five players bunched together pursuing an onside kick.
What the **** does that even mean?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I heard that one of the rule changes is that quarterbacks are going to start wearing skirts instead of traditional football pants starting this season.
Phillip Rivers doesn't want to change clothes before games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Phillip Rivers doesn't want to change clothes before games.
I think you're getting Phillip Rivers and Jay Cutler confused :(
Old 03-24-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
What the **** does that even mean?
Agreed, I don't under stand this one, now it's harder for a team to collect an onside kick... Something like 1 in 4 are converted nowadays, and we want it harder? WTH?

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I think you're getting Phillip Rivers and Jay Cutler confused :(
Say that to his face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Say that to his face.

edited for you.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Say that to his face.

Does nobody find that literally disgusting?

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbucsfan View Post
Does nobody find that literally disgusting?
Have you ever tried bodybuilding? It's unfreaking real how much work and dedication it takes to even remotely look like him. Mr. Olympia is no joke and I bet that guy gets laid more than anyone of us...haha So I guess I don't find it disgusting...
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind the head oriented rules.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He makes TO look like Todd Pinkston.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL is turning into a pushover.

Let's let the players play, make plays and have fun. The players didn't have any problems in the olden days, quit changing crap to protect the bigger named players. It's a contact sport, injuries are apart of the game, that's why they make millions.

These rules are starting to really irritate me.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind the rules about shots to the head, but at some point the NFL will have to decide if it wants to be a rough sport where big men tackle each other or not.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
The NFL is turning into a pushover.

Let's let the players play, make plays and have fun. The players didn't have any problems in the olden days, quit changing crap to protect the bigger named players. It's a contact sport, injuries are apart of the game, that's why they make millions.

These rules are starting to really irritate me.
Yeah, and now some of those players that "didn't have any problems" have serious health issues and are pissed at the NFL. Not many former players receive the attention they deserve and are pretty angry about it.

In the videos, Perreria says that some of the rules are based on what players have said and been polled on.

All this talk of "NFL is now for pussies!!!!" is really overblown. They will still hit, they will still make plays, it won't effect the game that much. There will be less kickoff returns for a while but oh well.

It isn't arguable that the NFL is at its best when its best players are playing. Which is what this is about.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do they mean by defenseless WR? In the video the WR had the ball, if he doesn't have the ball would it not be a block? The Wr also saw the DB, getting ready to hit him, so he should have been ready.

Also we'll be seeing lots of WR hitting Lbs in the knees, and then a rule against that.

All these no head hits, will eventually lead to helmet or shoulder pad into knee and then there will be another rule.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the KR, couldn't the bunch 2 players, and then have another 2 players behind them about 2 yards to the side and 1 yard back.

and technically they would be back 2.23 yards away.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Yeah, and now some of those players that "didn't have any problems" have serious health issues and are pissed at the NFL. Not many former players receive the attention they deserve and are pretty angry about it.

In the videos, Perreria says that some of the rules are based on what players have said and been polled on.

All this talk of "NFL is now for pussies!!!!" is really overblown. They will still hit, they will still make plays, it won't effect the game that much. There will be less kickoff returns for a while but oh well.

It isn't arguable that the NFL is at its best when its best players are playing. Which is what this is about.
I can understand guys who played before the megamillions of the 80's-90's and 00's. But now, These guys are making so much money for entertainment if they're out of money by the time they're 50 it's their own fault.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:05 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That doesn't mean they should be endangered whilst making that money. These rules don't limit the game, they limit injuries.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote