Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Expand The Season?
Nope, keep everything the same. 32 31.37%
Yes, add two games to the regular season making it an 18 week schedule 8 7.84%
Yes, but decrease the preseason. So 2 preason and 18 regular season games. 32 31.37%
No, infact decrease the preseason by one or more games, but maintain the 16 game regular season. 30 29.41%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Expanding Season?

It's a topic that will keep coming up during the offseason, until it happens, or if it happens. Personally, I am against it. It completely changes the game and wipes out most records. Lets keep it the same, since it has been working.

Thoughts?

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's all about money....

I can't complain with another week or two of football to watch, so from a fan perspective it is good. However, i'm about tradition, much like your comments, that think this throws off records and such, but begins a new era?

My guess would be the pre-season would shorten and the regular season expand by that number of games...

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will never ever complain about more football. Cut the preseason and get some more "real" games in there.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would screw with the numbers, but yeah, two extra real games and the expense of the preseason would be nice.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the players would get quite a bit more $$ so I can see them getting on board with it, too. Provided current contracts get scaled up 12.5%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt it'll happen. Like someone said above, it would screw up many records and a longer season = more injuries, and obviously under Goodell, thats what he is trying to reduce. Plus, preseason is for those younger talented guys to get that much needed playing time. The league's schedule is fine the way it is, don't change it.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Highly doubt it as well. Maybe one more game possibly.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They didn't seem too concerned with records when they went from 14 to 16....

Fear of injuries I'll buy, but if they lessen the preseason too it wouldn't be as bad.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know in 16 games my team has so many injuries. I like it how it is.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nope, keep everything the same.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think that the preseason should be shortend. Or teams should just be smart and use that time to battle for spots that really need to be battled for. I would say don't play a for sure starter in the preseason, because that is usually where players get hurt. Young, inexperienced players going for low blocks and not knowing everything that they are doing results in injuries.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shorten preseason and keep everything the same imo.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, I absolutely do not want the regular season expanded. They are taking something that works great and changing it for no other reason than money. Expanding the numbers of games makes each game less important, increases injuries and means players will be that much more worn down by playoff time. As for the preseason, I don't care much, but I have heard more than one coach say they need those games. A lot of injuries that fans and media blame on preseason games don't even occur during the games. Many preseason injuries occur during practices and workouts. Eliminating preseason games won't stop those injuries. Basically what we're talking about is sloppier play earlier in the season, less emphasis on the importance if each individual game, and players who are more beat up and worn down by playoff time. There are good reason not to do this and the only reasons for this are greed and gluttony. More is not always better.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I'm starting to not like Goodell. I like tough discipline, but his way of conducting it doesn't always make sense. I also don't like the way they he seems to be a ***** for personal publicity. The idea to expand the regular season is the main reason though. It's just about making more money.

Last edited by Halsey : 03-25-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
CrackerJack465
Rookie

CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.

If it does change to 18, theres a chance that Adrian Peterson will be the career rushing leader when he retires. Say he plays 10 more years

2x10=20, thats a whole nother season possibly of yards.

The only thing is the injury factor. So it may still even out.

Records would definetly be scewed, but im all for less preseason, as a season ticket holder for the giants, preseason just costs me money for nothing. You can't even give them away sometimes
Old 03-26-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
No, I absolutely do not want the regular season expanded. They are taking something that works great and changing it for no other reason than money. Expanding the numbers of games makes each game less important, increases injuries and means players will be that much more worn down by playoff time. As for the preseason, I don't care much, but I have heard more than one coach say they need those games. A lot of injuries that fans and media blame on preseason games don't even occur during the games. Many preseason injuries occur during practices and workouts. Eliminating preseason games won't stop those injuries. Basically what we're talking about is sloppier play earlier in the season, less emphasis on the importance if each individual game, and players who are more beat up and worn down by playoff time. There are good reason not to do this and the only reasons for this are greed and gluttony. More is not always better.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I'm starting to not like Goodell. I like tough discipline, but his way of conducting it doesn't always make sense. I also don't like the way they he seems to be a ***** for personal publicity. The idea to expand the regular season is the main reason though. It's just about making more money.
The only reason to do this are greed and gluttony? How about the vast majority of fans would like to see more meaningful football games? How about the vast majority of fans would like to see their favorite players play in more football games? How about the vast majority of fans would like the opportunity to attend 2 more regular season games instead of two crappy preseason ones...Which are basically the same price.

If you decrease the amount of preseason games to two (4 is excessive, ask any player) there is the same amount of football being played, just at a higher quality. Honestly, you learn most about a player by the way he practices, not by the way he "rips it up" against other scrubs in the preseason. How many preseason studs become invisible once the season starts?

The position that pretty much takes the biggest pounding is RB, and most teams have committees nowadays anyways. That means less individual carries per back, less chance of injury. Think about teams that make it to the super bowl, that play 4 more games than 75% of the league, do they have more injuries than other teams at the end of the season? Give me a break, quit trying to make this sound like an attack on the dignity of the game by saying it's all about money. The bottom line is that 4 preseason games is overkill, 2 are going to get eliminated regardless, why not keep the scheduling the same and simply convert the two preseason games into regular season ones? It's the most logical solution. Halsey, would you have been one of the fans crying over the scheduling change from 14 to 16 games? Please.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Cerni88
Rookie

Cerni88 is a cocksman.Cerni88 is a cocksman.Cerni88 is a cocksman.

How about expand the 53 man roster, lose 1 preseason add 1 reg season
Old 03-26-2009, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be for this only if they take away two pre-season games.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For all the rules their implementing for "Player Safety" This seems a step in the opposite directions.

More like a long jump.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knowing what a commie Roger Goodell is he will probably just suspend 2 regular season games.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:38 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see added matches.

In Aus all our major football codes go for at least 24 rounds. It's tough going from that to a 16 game season.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:11 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

Fear of injuries I'll buy, but if they lessen the preseason too it wouldn't be as bad.
couldn't agree more. They may want to allow more than 53 guys on roster, and the cap may need to go up a bit more in order to make teams able to sign a few more players.

But I hate those preseason games, so I'm all for ditching two of those.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:58 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I find humorous is the NFL's attempt to limit injuries while at the same time proposing to increase the schedule by 2 games. Adding 2 more season games to the schedule will results in many, many more serious injuries, removing exhibition games where the starters are likely to see minimal action anyways hardly makes up for playing the 2 extra games. I wonder how they will convince the union to allow it considering it puts their athletes at far more risk.
I'm beginning to wonder if this was what the NFL really wanted from the new CBA all along and everything else was a red herring to disguise their intent. They offer to keep the current CBA in its place by resigning it if the union agrees to 2 more games per team. The NFL gets its extra revenue, the players get screwed re injuries, and peace is retained.
I think the idea of expanding the schedule is disgusting in lieu of the # of injuries that will increase because of it and I hope the union tells them no. The tactic of using rivalry games is just a move to placate fans from looking too closely at the what effect this will have on players health.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:04 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

Starters rarely play in pre season as it is, so shortening the pre season would have little effect on player's health. However expanding the schedule will have a major impact and obviously Goodall doesn't care. It is all about revenue for the owners.

As for the records, you should have put 12 to 14 to 16 because when I first starting watching pro football in the 50's, teams played 12 games. Jimmy Brown's totals all came on a 12 game schedule so records are for current fans consumption and have never been meaningful in the NFL.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:14 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
The only reason to do this are greed and gluttony? How about the vast majority of fans would like to see more meaningful football games? How about the vast majority of fans would like to see their favorite players play in more football games? How about the vast majority of fans would like the opportunity to attend 2 more regular season games instead of two crappy preseason ones...Which are basically the same price.

If you decrease the amount of preseason games to two (4 is excessive, ask any player) there is the same amount of football being played, just at a higher quality. Honestly, you learn most about a player by the way he practices, not by the way he "rips it up" against other scrubs in the preseason. How many preseason studs become invisible once the season starts?

The position that pretty much takes the biggest pounding is RB, and most teams have committees nowadays anyways. That means less individual carries per back, less chance of injury. Think about teams that make it to the super bowl, that play 4 more games than 75% of the league, do they have more injuries than other teams at the end of the season? Give me a break, quit trying to make this sound like an attack on the dignity of the game by saying it's all about money. The bottom line is that 4 preseason games is overkill, 2 are going to get eliminated regardless, why not keep the scheduling the same and simply convert the two preseason games into regular season ones? It's the most logical solution. Halsey, would you have been one of the fans crying over the scheduling change from 14 to 16 games? Please.
Your a ******* nuts if you think that there won't be more injuries. Already established players do not play there hearts out in preseason so don't compare a preseason game to a reg. season game. If you look at the Ravens last year you will see that in a 16 game season we had all kinds of injuries going into the playoffs. You have to realize that there are a lot of older guys in the league and it is a huge risk of injury. I don't care about shortening the preseason but I do not want anymore reg. season games.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:01 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote