Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Charles Rogers back in jail

http://www.freep.com/article/2009032...tion+violation

Quote:
Charles Rogers used to have it all.
Advertisement

Talent. Fame. Cash.

Now hes in jail.

The second pick overall in the 2003 NFL draft chose to be locked up for 30 days, with credit for 15 days served, instead of staying in an intensive drug counseling program after violating probation in a domestic-violence case.

Im just going to do my 10 days, get out of the court system and try to get in shape for a comeback, Rogers said today in a telephone interview with the Associated Press from the Oakland County jail in Pontiac. Am I sad about the way my life has turned out? No, because I know the strides Ive made to take care of Charles Rogers.

Court records show the 27-year-old ex-Lion receiver tested positive for alcohol and falsified records saying he attended Alcoholic Anonymous meetings.

I was wrong, he said. Im not perfect.

A judge in Novi granted Rogers request Tuesday to leave a sobriety court, in which he had to submit to daily drug testing and allow his residence to be searched at any time for nine months followed by nine months of probation.

The structure was cool, but I had a hard time with the perfection that they stress in the program, Rogers said. I did learn a lot from it, and its going to help me get back on my feet.

Who knows? Maybe well be talking in a year about me playing football again. Its not like Im 35. Im only 27 with fresh legs and a lot of life and football ahead of me.

Rogers was arrested in September and charged with assault and battery involving his fiancee, who also is the mother of his four children, according to defense attorney Joshua Ben.

The Saginaw native pleaded no contest to trespassing and was entered into a treatment house as part of his probation. In November, Rogers returned late to the facility after a judge gave him permission to attend a funeral. A drug test was given and later showed the prescription pain reliever Vicodin.

Rogers then entered a diversion program.

The Lions drafted the former Michigan State star in 2003 and signed him to a six-year, $55-million deal.

After scoring twice in his debut with the Lions, a broken collarbone ended his season. In the next season opener, he had the same injury and his year was over. Rogers played in nine games in 2005 but failed a drug test, and was cut entering the next season.

His career ended with just 36 receptions, 440 yards receiving and four touchdowns in 15 games.

An arbitrator ruled Rogers must return $8.5 million to the team for diminishing his value by failing the drug test, but he declined comment when asked if he has the money to pay the Lions.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know what tickles me more:

His upcoming comeback or dropping the third-person from a jail cell.

Hahahaha, dumbass.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rogers put together a coherent sentence? Lies.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha! I love how he think he's gonna make some big comback lmao.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a wasted talent. He could've been such a stud if he wasn't such an idiot/put in a bad situation.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I don't know what tickles me more:

His upcoming comeback or dropping the third-person from a jail cell.

Hahahaha, dumbass.
Im suprised it wasnt something like "Carlos Rodgers watches out for the guy in the cell"

Speaking in 4th person or something, but still HYSTERICAL none the less

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
jj45
Rookie

jj45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really wish he wasn't so stupid I remember when he got cut I wanted the bears to sign him but who was a injury prone junkie on their team. I did see him being better then moss and to coming out of college I was truly jocking him. Total waste of talent

jj45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj45 View Post
I really wish he wasn't so stupid I remember when he got cut I wanted the bears to sign him but who was a injury prone junkie on their team. I did see him being better then moss and to coming out of college I was truly jocking him. Total waste of talent
Junkie? He smokes pot not crack.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-25-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well atleast I can still throw to him on NCAA FB.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Junkie? He smokes pot not crack.
And who doesnt LOVE a nice fat doob, blunt, or bong load?!?!?!?!?!

Old 03-25-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a Michigan State education for you.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
jj45
Rookie

Ok if he is in rehab then he would be a junkie or addict . Sense weed is a drug and it ruins careers then that makes him a junkie.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let's not turn this into a drug talk.

i hope maybe in a couple of years he can at least be playing arena ball or something. so much potential just gone
Old 03-25-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase1 View Post
Im suprised it wasnt something like "Carlos Rodgers watches out for the guy in the cell"

Speaking in 4th person or something, but still HYSTERICAL none the less
Yeah nothing like multiple personality disorder to make you popular in the cell.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok if he is in rehab then he would be a junkie or addict . Sense weed is a drug and it ruins careers then that makes him a junkie.
A junkie is somebody who is addicted to heroin, dumbass.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
hooray for ignorance....
Old 03-25-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
i hope maybe in a couple of years he can at least be playing arena ball or something. so much potential just gone
He's a giant dumbass so he doesn't deserve another chance. And if he went to rehab for smoking pot then there is seriously some wrong here.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-25-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's a giant dumbass so he doesn't deserve another chance. And if he went to rehab for smoking pot then there is seriously some wrong here.
oh yeah i'm well aware he doesn't deserve it, but i hope for his sake he can figure out a way to turn his life around. and yeah that is really pathetic that he had to go to rehab for bud.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Anyone in rehab for bud is tarded.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
jj45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

Being a pot head makes a junkie dumbass. Just because it's not crack or meth doesn't mean its ok. U sould like ignorant punk who thinks oh weed isn't a drug. U become a junkie when the drug u use affects ur daily life. Last time I checked if u can't put the blunt down during the season then ur an addict. So he is a junkie and if he wasn't then the judge wouldn't have agreed on him going to rehab. Don't talk smack on a website

Old 03-25-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Quote:
Being a pot head makes a junkie dumbass. Just because it's not crack or meth doesn't mean its ok. U sould like ignorant punk who thinks oh weed isn't a drug. U become a junkie when the drug u use affects ur daily life. Last time I checked if u can't put the blunt down during the season then ur an addict. So he is a junkie and if he wasn't then the judge wouldn't have agreed on him going to rehab. Don't talk smack on a website
Actually theyll put u in rehab to cut down on your sentence even if its for an alcohol or drug related offense and youre NOT a hard core user

Old 03-25-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
jj45
Rookie

Still if u get can't put down a bong to save ur career then are a junkie he lost 8 million bucks for weed many players have come back from injury but the drugs was the final straw. He can play in the afl or the cifl or even the canadian league.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow he is only 27 years old, Rogers feels like a long time ago.

ahhah Charles Rogers is coming back ahhaha.

Him and Vick should pair up in the AFL or USFL and then make the transition to the NFL. They would make perfect workout partners, Vick works on accuracy and Rogers works on staying off weed and Alcohol.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Matt Millen picked this guy over Andre Johnson...... If only. How was Matt able to keep his job so long is absolute insanity, no wait that's him getting a contract extension!! I want to cry just thinking how bad he killed the Lions
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote