Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-27-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Your Dream 2009 1st Round Pick

Ok so we are on the clock and you have your choice. Who do you take? Make it realistic...no Stafford or Crabtree picks please.

I'd take Percy Harvin.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Smith falls to us in round 1.
And then Alphonso Smith falls to us in round 2.

Hey, you said "dream" draft :-)

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alphonso in the 2nd would be just awesome. I think that is more likely than Andre.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Dream first rounder for this year is Vontae Davis. If he falls to us at #22 I will be one happy guy.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
jsang74
Rookie

jsang74 is a cocksman.jsang74 is a cocksman.jsang74 is a cocksman.

Michael Oher
jsang74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my dream pick is my homer pick....LARRY ENGLISH

the value is there for the pick and he would improve the pressure on the qb. he would be a definite upgrade over that piece of crap ray edwards
Old 03-30-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any of the top 4 tackles.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsang74 View Post
Michael Oher
He would probably be my choice as well. If he or Andre Smith dropped that would be ideal, if not, I would love to see us trade down if at all possible and grab one of the leftover tackles, a corner, or a wide receiver.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
My Dream first rounder for this year is Vontae Davis. If he falls to us at #22 I will be one happy guy.
Do you care to explain that? He is a terrible fit in the cover 2 defense.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that my pick would have to be either Oher or Andre Smith, but both of those will likely be gone and if they are, I'd trade down and pick up an extra 3rd or 4th and still take Britton if he is there, otherwise I'd go with Unger, Alphonso Smith, or a WR like Britt or Nicks, but not Harvin.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Do you care to explain that? He is a terrible fit in the cover 2 defense.
I cannot begin to understand what leads you to believe Vontae Davis would be a "Terrible" fit in the cover 2. I explained it in the 2009 Draft thread, but if I must again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright
Strengths:
Prototypical height and bulk...Smooth and fluid with top-notch athleticism...Excellent speed...Flips his hips well and can turn and run...Has a burst to close and can recover when beat...Very strong with a muscular physique...Tough and physical...Gets a good jam at the line...A reliable tackler who can deliver the big hit...Does a fantastic job in run support...Decent hands and ball skills...Capable of excelling in either man or zone coverage....May offer some positional versatility...Solid return man and special teamer...Durable...Has lots of experience against top competition...Nice bloodlines..Major upside.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...ntae-Davis.php
Old 04-01-2009, 08:50 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
I cannot begin to understand what leads you to believe Vontae Davis would be a "Terrible" fit in the cover 2. I explained it in the 2009 Draft thread, but if I must again...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...ntae-Davis.php
Ummmm...Actually watching some film is what leads me to believe that.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-01-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Well since you actually watched some film, please elaborate on exactly what you saw. I still don't know what leads you to believe that he will not only not fit in the cover 2, but he will be a "terrible" fit in the Cover 2.

Also no offense intended, but that is just obsurd. I'm so sure you actually have access to game film. I'm sorry but watching a couple of college football games on TV, does not equate to watching some film.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although I am not a fan of Vontae Davis, I do like how he shows he is not afraid of going up and making the tackle. He is a big hitter and in that aspect reminds me of Winfield.

My dream 09 Pick would probably be Oher as well but wouldnt mind Britton and Smith.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Vontae Davis is definatly the guy I want but I like a lot of the options the Vikings have this year in round 1.

Michael Oher(slim but their is a chance)
Vontae Davis
Eben Britton
Alphonso Smith
Darius Butler
Kenny Britt

I wouldn't mind picking up any of those guys in round 1.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Well since you actually watched some film, please elaborate on exactly what you saw. I still don't know what leads you to believe that he will not only not fit in the cover 2, but he will be a "terrible" fit in the Cover 2.

Also no offense intended, but that is just obsurd. I'm so sure you actually have access to game film. I'm sorry but watching a couple of college football games on TV, does not equate to watching some film.
I watch the games live, and I also have a DVR which I save them to and then go back and pick them apart, it may not be coaches film or anything like that, but it is the best thing available to me. I have watched the Missouri, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, and Penn State games.

He doesn't play nearly as physical as he should at times, gets caught out of position way too easily. He also takes too many risks that he doesn't need too and shouldn't, his backpedal isn't real good.

I will also say that I am just not a big fan of his and may have a bit of a negative bias towards him that is mostly based on his attitude and work ethic. I see him as being a big bust and don't want him on the Vikings.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:

Last edited by marshallb : 04-01-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jay cutler
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Crazy Chris, how about this, I will say that he is a poor fit in the cover 2 from now on.
I also would like Cutler, but I am pretty sure it isn't going to happen so I am not even worrying about it.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-01-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

So heres an idea. Anyone want to try to a mock for our teams picks? I saw another thread where people vote and once a name gets 5 votes that is the pick. Might as well try and get it started. Just try be as realistic as possible. My vote for the 1st round is Hakeem Nicks.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I watch the games live, and I also have a DVR which I save them to and then go back and pick them apart, it may not be coaches film or anything like that, but it is the best thing available to me. I have watched the Missouri, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, and Penn State games.

He doesn't play nearly as physical as he should at times, gets caught out of position way too easily. He also takes too many risks that he doesn't need too and shouldn't, his backpedal isn't real good.

I will also say that I am just not a big fan of his and may have a bit of a negative bias towards him that is mostly based on his attitude and work ethic. I see him as being a big bust and don't want him on the Vikings.
Watching games live or recording them on DVR is still no where near watching film. But I am glad the real reason you don't like him came out. If you don't like his attitude and supposed work ethic. That is fine just say that rather than saying he is a terrible fit or even a poor fit in the cover 2. He is a physical CB, that can get a jam at the line. He is a reliable tackler, is good and willing in the run support, and happens to have good balls skills. He is not perfect but rarely is anyone an absolutly perfect fit, He would fit just fine into the scheme.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:50 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

He is still not a good fit in the cover 2, I may not have the equipment and tools that scouts have, but from what I can see, he is a poor fit in the cover 2. You don't have to be able to get a good jam at the line in a cover 2, in fact most cover 2 teams don't jam. He also isn't as physical as he should be and when he tries to be physical, he gets caught out of position real easily. You have just been repeating the same 3 things over and over.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-02-2009, 10:03 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Sanchez.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He is still not a good fit in the cover 2, I may not have the equipment and tools that scouts have, but from what I can see, he is a poor fit in the cover 2. You don't have to be able to get a good jam at the line in a cover 2, in fact most cover 2 teams don't jam. He also isn't as physical as he should be and when he tries to be physical, he gets caught out of position real easily. You have just been repeating the same 3 things over and over.
You are just biased against him as you said because his attitutude, supposed, work ethic and because your gut feeling is he will bust. So now you are trying make up reasons to justify to yourself why there should be no chance that the Vikings will select him. Just be honest, say I think he will bust so I don't want him. You don't need to go through all this trouble of trying to make it like he won't fit into the scheme when he will. Because you Tivo a few college games and try to break them down does not make you Mike Mayock. The Camera angles TV airs rarely give you all that you need to sufficiently break down a CB's play.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
You are just biased against him as you said because his attitutude, supposed, work ethic and because your gut feeling is he will bust. So now you are trying make up reasons to justify to yourself why there should be no chance that the Vikings will select him. Just be honest, say I think he will bust so I don't want him. You don't need to go through all this trouble of trying to make it like he won't fit into the scheme when he will. Because you Tivo a few college games and try to break them down does not make you Mike Mayock. The Camera angles TV airs rarely give you all that you need to sufficiently break down a CB's play.
WOW... Are you just going to keep blurting out the same **** over and over? I never said my equipment was great, but I look at film from an unbiased point of view. At least I try to do my own scouting instead of just taking what so called "experts" have to say and repeating it over and over again trying to make a point.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-03-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

You are missing the whole point of it. It doesn't matter that you try to do your own scouting. The point is that you can't do it like that, it isn't sufficient for a CB. Now your trying use this BS "scouting" of yours to try to make it like you know for a fact that the player won't fit. As for having a un-biased opinion thats funny. You stated you had a bias against him for his attitude, supposed work ethic and because your gut says he is a bust. Also as for the so called experts which the only one I have used is Scott himself. I don't know about you but the reason I(and most others) come to this site is because they trust Scott Wright's analysis. I have been following the draft on his site for years and his analysis is of high quality. I will value Scott Wright's opinion over yours any day(as I am sure most others would). So go ahead an keep thinking you watched film and scouted Vontae Davis, and you know how he will fit into any system. It's obviously pointless to try to suggest otherwise. As it is obvoius that your opinion shouldn't be taken very seriously anyways and I will not waste anymore time on it.