Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN didnt ruin sports, they brainwashed a certain group of people to think everything their "experts" say is true. They pretty much took away the ability to form your own thought.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Players who are only good enough today to play ST, would tear it up back in the day.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Because the Big East is the best conference ever in basketball right now :P

They don't have an east coast bias, it's all a figment of your imagination. They just talk about mainstream teams a lot, because, guess what, that gets ratings. The Cowboys, the Lakers. Not east coast, talked about PLENTY.
but they consistently "convienently" forgot about certain teams that are in the midwest and other aread...A LOT...I live in St. Louis and teams around here and in STL get no respect or publicity from ESPN...which is why I hate sell out **** heads like Joe Buck

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
ESPN didnt ruin sports, they brainwashed a certain group of people to think everything their "experts" say is true. They pretty much took away the ability to form your own thought.
so ESPN is like a new religion?

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
so ESPN is like a new religion?
I wouldn't say its new.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sucks how on 45 mins of NFL coverage they'll talk for ten minutes about something happening with:

The patriots
The Cowboys
Brett Favre
The New York Giants

While the rest of the NFL has very little said and then a few teams, even very successful ones get little to no coverage.

This might sound like homer grapes, but I can't remember much in the way of coverage for Carolina during the regular season even though they had one of the best records in the NFL last year and a great offense until the sunday night game against the Giants and then nothing until the Cardinals game.

I mean wtf, why do they show more about TO crying or Romo ******* a now fat pop star than they do about a break out running back on a team no one expected to do anything

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
It sucks how on 45 mins of NFL coverage they'll talk for ten minutes about something happening with:

The patriots
The Cowboys
Brett Favre
The New York Giants

While the rest of the NFL has very little said and then a few teams, even very successful ones get little to no coverage.

This might sound like homer grapes, but I can't remember much in the way of coverage for Carolina during the regular season even though they had one of the best records in the NFL last year and a great offense until the sunday night game against the Giants and then nothing until the Cardinals game.

I mean wtf, why do they show more about TO crying or Romo ******* a now fat pop star than they do about a break out running back on a team no one expected to do anything
You would think its nice from a Green Bay fan standpoint that they talk about us even if its only about Favre and how Rodgers is getting compared in every way to him but honestly it sucks and i dont feel like watching most of the time

Old 03-29-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The patriots
The Cowboys
Brett Favre
The New York Giants

putting the Giants in the same sentence as the pats, cowboys and Favre love is totally asinine and total bitterness after not getting the #1 seed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My standpoint on this:

espn is keeping more fans around, which is great. It gives us sports news and scores, which is awesome. We all watch it, especially for scores and highlights. THe terrible thing which angers me and probably shoudn't is how much it makes sports popular, kids who watch it and just live and breathe espn and repeat that trash who think they've know more than they know, or worse, more than me.

Example: my friend is going into sports management for college, like I am. the thing is, he always tries to show off and say how he knows more than me. I mean, as sad as it is, I look forward to the NFL draft way too much. He doesn't even know when it is. And he's a guy applying for sports management programs in college, which could take spots from guys like me who are pretty damn serious about this. I sound very concieted, but this is how I feel. ok holmes?
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Without commercials NFL wouldn't make money for being on TV. So why would they not have commercials? And who cares it's not like anything happens.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
My standpoint on this:

espn is keeping more fans around, which is great. It gives us sports news and scores, which is awesome. We all watch it, especially for scores and highlights. THe terrible thing which angers me and probably shoudn't is how much it makes sports popular, kids who watch it and just live and breathe espn and repeat that trash who think they've know more than they know, or worse, more than me.

Example: my friend is going into sports management for college, like I am. the thing is, he always tries to show off and say how he knows more than me. I mean, as sad as it is, I look forward to the NFL draft way too much. He doesn't even know when it is. And he's a guy applying for sports management programs in college, which could take spots from guys like me who are pretty damn serious about this. I sound very concieted, but this is how I feel. ok holmes?
I doubt any Rutgers fan knows more about Rutgers than you would.

ESPN is made for the causal fan. They can find better, and much cheaper annalists, who will do a better job then the guys they have right now, but instead they feel like they have to have all of these NFL guys talk about "their opinion"
Old 03-29-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
jj45
Rookie

jj45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I doubt any Rutgers fan knows more about Rutgers than you would.

ESPN is made for the causal fan. They can find better, and much cheaper annalists, who will do a better job then the guys they have right now, but instead they feel like they have to have all of these NFL guys talk about "their opinion"

Dude +rep for the sig funny as hell

jj45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there's two types of people, well ok 3;

Ones who watch ESPN and believe what they say, ones who watch ESPN for highlight purposes and are not influenced by their "expert analysis," and ones who refuse to watch the channel at all.

I'm under the 2nd one. I watch ESPN because I only have the basic cable package at my apartment and really it's the only thing on television I want to watch because I'm a sports geek. If I had the NFL Network or Fox Soccer Channel my ESPN viewing would go significantly down but since I can't get those channels it makes it kind of hard.

I don't like ESPN much anymore because it has become a victim of its own success. Instead of actually covering what is going on they make it a soap opera in order to get ratings. But a lot of this falls on the viewer as well (like myself). ESPN can be good if you take it for what it is and don't actually listen to what "experts" like Bayless, Keyshawn, Reggie Miller, Hodge, Kornheiser (although he and Wilbon are more for discussion purposes), Hill, Emmitt,, Dilfer, etc have to say seriously.

ESPN is a ratings driven station, they will talk about what people want to hear. I don't think it's that ESPN has "ruined sports" I just think that people need to do actual research on the topics they cover before they believe what their "experts" say. Most of the people on this board know sports pretty well so they can cut through the fat that ESPN throws at you and are not that influenced by what they say, but for a casual sports observer ESPN can form arguments and opinions and that is what I do not like.

So to answer the question, no I don't think ESPN has ruined sports, I just think they have way too big of an influence on what people's opinions are. But on the other hand I do think that ESPN skews their arguments and statistics and that is wrong. They do not give balanced reporting and that is one thing that bothers me. If they want to be taken more seriously by the die hard sports fans out there they need to start actually covering sports, not the drama within sports and also they should get people on there who actually know what they are talking about, excuse me if I don't really pay attention to what Trent Dilfer says, get some guys in there with credibility. They also milk things way past the point that they should.

With the amount of resources that ESPN has they are severely underachieving and are putting out what I believe to be as a mediocre product. ESPN has so much potential but when you have marketing people who have no experience in sports running the show up top, you're not going to get the right coverage you should from the "world wide leader in sports." I'd equate ESPN to being the CNN of politics. There's just not much substance there when you take a step back and look at it.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
putting the Giants in the same sentence as the pats, cowboys and Favre love is totally asinine and total bitterness after not getting the #1 seed.
Yeah dude, it didn't help either of our team's being the #1 and #2 seed, so it doesn't bother me one bit.

I'm pointing out the Giants get around the same amount of coverage as the Pats, Cowboys and brett favre do on ESPN, there's no "hate" there.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
jj45
Rookie

jj45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
My standpoint on this:

I feel u bro ( im a physical education/sports management major also) I hate when people who talk about sports and don't know a thing about them. My buddy debated me about joe namth was a better Qb then akiman and Joe montana.

jj45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Yeah dude, it didn't help either of our team's being the #1 and #2 seed, so it doesn't bother me one bit.

I'm pointing out the Giants get around the same amount of coverage as the Pats, Cowboys and brett favre do on ESPN, there's no "hate" there.
Well when Steve Smith shoots himself in the leg, the coverage will come.

Penn State basketball wins this decade- 0.
Fogartynyy2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn - I must have missed the memo. I didn't realize sports had been ruined. In fact, I'm so clueless I thought the record revenues and player contracts we see each year was an indicator of the massive success of our professional sports leagues.

My favorite qoute was in my sig for a while but is not atm. (duh)

"I think that that's kind of the environment right now. I think that's the way that guys make it, you know? They just say the craziest things. I think that's what ESPN has become. ESPN to me is like MTV without the videos – ESPN without the highlights" - Tom Brady

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Football has not been ruined. Sure I hate how some of the rules are geared towards offense, but it's still not ruined. Just take a look at the NBA. Now that's ruined. I still love watching them play, but the things that get called for fouls are ridiculous. My brother and I were watching the NCAA tournament the other day(we don't watch much college), and at the end of the Texas/Duke game there was a mad scramble for the ball. Those guys got downright physical. We looked at each other asking why the NBA can't do that. If a guy get's bumped it's a foul. That's just ludicrous. At least the refs in the NFL aren't that extreme with calling penalties. Sure some crews call things too soft, but it doesn't get so far out of hand to give the game away like I've seen in the NBA.

If you want to talk about someone ruining things, it's the old guard that ruins some aspects of the sport. What's wrong with a grown man having an elaborate celebration after he scores? As long as he doesn't go overboard it's fine by me. Football is not some sacred religion that we must appease the gods with. It's just entertainment. So why take away an entertaining aspect of the game based on some kind of "sanctity" of the sport? Chad Johnson making a false snow angel does not somehow ruin what's sacred about football. He just gave the fans another reason to come to the game on Sunday.

Where does ESPN come in this? They had a huge role in growing sports as a whole. They gave sports more exposure, which brought in more fans. They also gave people a reason to keep up with the sports they love through consistent updates and breaking news. I hate ESPN like nobody's business, but you best believe that everyday I'm checking ESPNews for scores of games I missed. I don't tune into the analysis shows. I don't care what Trey Wingo and Sean Salisbury have to say about whatever. I just want to know the scores and news(injuries, FA signings, etc.). Where is the best place to get that? ESPN.

Oh and down with commercial timeouts after kickoffs. Seriously I don't want to go right back to a commercial after 2-3 minutes of seeing them 18 seconds ago. On the bright side, it does give the players a few more minutes of rest.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Sure some crews call things too soft, but it doesn't get so far out of hand to give the game away like I've seen in the NBA.
*cough*Hochuli*cough*

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
*cough*Hochuli*cough*
lol I stand corrected.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj45 View Post
I don't think the some of the guys could match up. Ok due to evolution guys grow naturally taller and bigger. Tall in 1950 isn't the same as today. They had 6-2 OTs back then singletary is 5-9( I have met him he is a couple inches shorter than me) we have center we are considered short at 6-2 we have DEs at 6-7 backers that run 4.3s . I know they grew up in a different era and guys didn't really lift they just had a 9to 5 job in the offseason. But even then I still couldn't see a lot of them starting now. Look how much the game has changed how smarter the coaches and players are.
Evolution doesn't happen over a period of 50 years. It is better nutrition, weight lifting, and supplements, not evolution.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

I doubt coaches or players could come from a past era as they were then and thrive today. I think there's some players from the past who given today's programs could flourish in today's NFL, and a lot of coaches have that aptitude and attitude to be successful running what are now far more complicated schemes than they ever were before but taking a guy from then as was and putting them in now, they wouldn't stand a chance.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For what it's worth, I don't think many of today's players would succeed back then, either. Not without growing up playing football under those circumstances.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Union
Rookie

Union is a cocksman.Union is a cocksman.Union is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
For what it's worth, I don't think many of today's players would succeed back then, either. Not without growing up playing football under those circumstances.
You don't think a players like Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, Randy Moss, Mario Williams, etc. would excel throughout history? What couldn't they do back then that they do now?
Union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Michael Strahan, who kicked ass while playing amongst guys like LT and also Osi, begs to differ.

boo generalizations and totally vague blanket statements
Quote: