Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Did sports ruin ESPN?

It seems like nowadays everyone hates on espn, and I cant help but thinking that sports is the reason why. For example, with the recent jay cutler happenings a lot of people are criticizing espn for blowing it out of proportion and trying to make a story out of nothing. If jay cutler and the nfl didnt exist then espn would not be being criticized so much. There are numerous other examples out there, such as T.O. situations and Michael vick.

I feel that sports are severely damaging the image of ESPN, what are your thoughts?

Also I was talking to my granpa and he told me that back before there was sports in between commercials everyone loved espn.

Last edited by steelersfan43 : 03-29-2009 at 07:59 PM.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you have it backwards.

ESPN tries to ruin sports.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to post this thread.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I think you have it backwards.

ESPN tries to ruin sports.

Im confused.

'tis satire my friend
Old 03-29-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is my new favorite thread title.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

The point of ESPN is to broadcast sports.....

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF are you talking about, eggs?

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN was on its way to being a quality channel until Sports came along...

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lmao, i have an idea where the original intent of the thread was, but just horrible execution. ESPN without sports would not be ESPN. It would be... E...PN?

Them trying to ***** out things they feel are "popular" or "hot topics" is what is ruining their network. The fact that they hire anybody with a pulse that has an inkling of pro experience to be an "expert" is ruining them.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Those damn sports...

Ruining such a good station.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Those damn sports...

Ruining such a good station.

I know right? Im glad you guys agree with me.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure how you go about "ruining ESPN", but no I don't believe sports has ruined anything. It's definitely the 800lb gorilla when it comes to what ESPN covers, but it is not the end all and be all. Like any other game, competition or athletic event, it's just another source for you to get the entertainment.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I'm not sure how you go about "ruining ESPN", but no I don't believe sports has ruined anything. It's definitely the 800lb gorilla when it comes to what ESPN covers, but it is not the end all and be all. Like any other game, competition or athletic event, it's just another source for you to get the entertainment.
What he said.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
jj45
Rookie

jj45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why is everyone answering one part of the question. I don't think espn killed sports commericals did

jj45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well ESPN should have just stuck with what the network was built on in Poodles (hence the name Eccentric Spoodle Poodle Network). But the cache of sports got to them.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-29-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am thoroughly confused. What is going on?

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

I think Brodeur Is the only one who gets it.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
I think Brodeur Is the only one who gets it.
Don't worry, I'm sure there's a solid group who enjoyed your satire.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Don't worry, I'm sure there's a solid group who enjoyed your satire.
Ignore this guy Steelers, he's just upset that he lives in the completely worthless Upper Peninsula.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-29-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Ignore this guy Steelers, he's just upset that he lives in the completely worthless Upper Peninsula.
This one is just upset that the Pistons might not make the playoffs this year.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN is turning into MTV.

Soon, there will be no sports on ESPN, just reality shows.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
jj45
Rookie

I wish espn still had sport programs like when they had playmakers I think that was the perfect show
Why did cancel that again didn't the NFL complain

Old 03-29-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj45 View Post
I wish espn still had sport programs like when they had playmakers I think that was the perfect show
Why did cancel that again didn't the NFL complain
Playmakers would've been excellent if it had been on showtime or HBO or something. It didn't have a chance of lasting on ESPN.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
ESPN was on its way to being a quality channel until Sports came along...
damn that thing they call sports.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
jj45
Rookie

Stupid disney, I think I heard the nfl was upset about the content. I think sense they kinda looked like the panthers and they guys doing drugs , guys doing guys, players being treated like crap by management. Basically what happens in the pros( I don't think gayness but hey its a free country I have n.p just want to make that clear) the nfl hard time having that show on tv