Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj45 View Post
Stupid disney, I think I heard the nfl was upset about the content. I think sense they kinda looked like the panthers and they guys doing drugs , guys doing guys, players being treated like crap by management. Basically what happens in the pros( I don't think gayness but hey its a free country I have n.p just want to make that clear) the nfl hard time having that show on tv
Even if the NFL was fine with it, that kind of show simply can't exist fully on basic cable. Too many restrictions on content.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
jj45
Rookie

jj45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

True but that was my favorite show and they killed it and I haven't seen omar gooding act sense. And I heard players liked it. I also remember espn showed sports movies like junction boys and hoosiers now u have to watch classics they have so much run time when nothing big is going on u can spend a commerical break showing updates. Its is like mtv I hate seeing 4 channels showing the same thing and watching sport center back to back to back .

jj45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, really enjoying all the people taking the original topic seriously.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPNs overplaying the drama stories and wanting to be first on reporting rumors(mainly on Sportscenter) is whats ruining ESPN's credibiltiy for the NFL at least. Other spots they stick to the highlights for the most part except baseball sometimes they'll get into the drama. We all see the TO headline clip or the Favre clip and are like not this **** again.

Might have to do with the NFL Network which striclty sticks to breaking down the game and better analysis for the most part. Plus as was mentioned, they appear to be lacking in the "expert" category compared to the NFL network. Sure some guys have to be tv people Chirs Berman(whoop), but guys like John Clatyon just ruin ****. Its clear that guy is just a giant nerd that nobody likes. The more tv people the worse you are when it comes to sports reporting it seems. I don't know why I prefer Schefter and Glazer for Fox over the non NFL people at ESPN but I just do for some reason. Maybe because they are more accurate. I'd prefer more people that played the game but thats just me. Although NFL countdown is still decent at times but MNF is a joke.

Its not sports fault. Its the shift in media and some peoples tastes when it comes to "news".
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Javes
Rookie

Javes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't know if you guys are familiar with the internet but satire is fairly prominent.
Javes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rofl. This thread delivers.

Tell your granpa to go suck eggs. Comparing ESPN pre & post commercials is futile. We all know ESPN is using steroids and HGH, which is why they covered up that fiasco for so long.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

ESPN has been on a downhill run ever since they stopped broadcasting Australian Rules Football and the America's Cup. Replacing them with baseball, football, and baseketball has absolutley ruined sports.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol at everyone who thought he was serious.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
ESPN has been on a downhill run ever since they stopped broadcasting Australian Rules Football and the America's Cup. Replacing them with baseball, football, and baseketball has absolutley ruined sports.
A friend of mine who lives in Australis has been trying to get me to watch Australian rules football, but I can't find it anywhere. :(
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad attempt at satire. I encourage everyone to neg rep eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

All I know is ESPN went downhill when they got rid of Playmakers.

Penn State basketball wins this decade- 0.
Fogartynyy2789 is offline   Reply With Quote