Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 03-06-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Falcons QB situation?

Hey since we are probably gonna trade Matt Schaub who, if we are, should we draft to become our 3rd string. I like Chris Leak, Jared Zabransky, and Drew Tate.. Bout you guys

1st string- Mike Vick
2nd string- D.J. Shockley
3rd string- ?????????????

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
catcher_0_3
Rookie

catcher_0_3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A lot of people will hate on Leak and Zabransky, but I really like Leak. He didn't play well in the Senior Bowl, he probably won't work out well, and he is undersized, but he showed up for his team in the big game. He won't step in and be the starter, but then again we don't need him to be. Drew Tate on the other hand, I have always liked. He seems like a football player to me, and to me that's all you have to be to compete in this league. Jared Z on the other hand I feel had one clutch performance, but won't amount to much as a pro.
catcher_0_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I HATE Leak and will stop being a Falcons fan if we bring him in. Zabransky however is who I want.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:43 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sign veteran fa. no way I want Shockley being our backup QB. I would love to sign Aaron Brooks or some other random guy.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:13 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Brooks! 100% we need experience two rookies and a starting qb who is not known to be perfect at reading defences is not the situation i like
Old 03-07-2007, 07:25 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
sign veteran fa. no way I want Shockley being our backup QB. I would love to sign Aaron Brooks or some other random guy.
I love Shockley.. he showed that he can be a good QB and our backup in pre-season.. But I would like Brooks to come in to be teacher to both Vick and Shockley though

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:45 AM    (permalink
flrybranch
Rookie

flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.

No rookie QB's.

Bring in whatever vet QB BP wants, Brooks, Wright, Bartkowski........ to hold the clipboard. If Vick goes down for any length of time in '07 we're looking at a top 5 draft pick in '08 anyway.

I do think SHockley has the potential to start in a year or two. He needs to take 2nd string reps in practice this year!!
Old 03-07-2007, 09:32 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no way would I draft a rookie QB, we allready have 1 young QB in shockley that played good when given the chance in preseason. Sign a vetren QB to be the backup until we see what Vick and Shockley does in the new off. system.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Shockley isn't the answer to backup QB, he's the answer to be cut if we can find someone who's even half decent, I'm just glad we had Schaub last year incase Vick got hurt, but I think he's over his injuries, and he plays through a lot of pain. So, I'm fine with it, I just don't want Shockley to ever see the field except to take a knee in a preseason game.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Shockley isn't the answer to backup QB, he's the answer to be cut if we can find someone who's even half decent, I'm just glad we had Schaub last year incase Vick got hurt, but I think he's over his injuries, and he plays through a lot of pain. So, I'm fine with it, I just don't want Shockley to ever see the field except to take a knee in a preseason game.
What has shockley done to make you down on him? The only time he had a chance to play was in the preseason and he played good then. He may or may not be the answer, but I think he should atleast be given the chance.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

He didn't play that good. We had WRs going balls to the wall to make the team (Youngblood) who were making incredible grabs that really let us get into that game winning drive. His throws are so inaccurate it's going to get someone killed out there. Think back to the senior bowl, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. That's not uncommon for him, it's ugh...awful.