Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-06-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.
Default Switching to more of a power running scheme

According to John Clayton, with the signing of Davis, we are going to switch to more of a power running offense. Which hopefully means, Barber is going to get more carries.

On another note, in an article by Nick Eatmen on DallasCowboys.com, we are negotiating with Colombo on a 2 year contract, in the range of about 7 million. Sound great to me.

Thoughts?
Old 03-06-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

I think a power running scheme could also benefit Julius. The line opens up holes, and Julius hits them with speed.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we ever were anything else besides a power running team. We sure as hell weren't a ZBS, and we haven't run an inordinate amount of pulls or traps. We never run the stretch play, and our sweeps are infrequent as well.

We've always been a power running team, so this is no news at all. Just because you are getting bigger on the o-line doesn't mean you are changing schemes.
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
I think a power running scheme could also benefit Julius. The line opens up holes, and Julius hits them with speed.
What speed?
Old 03-06-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I Think we are going to draft someone like Manuel Ramirez in the 3rd....And do the good ole....We know we're running it, You know we're running it. Try to stop us...
Old 03-06-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Even if we re-sign Colombo?
Old 03-06-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
What speed?
You're a fool if you think that.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Even if we re-sign Colombo?
Yes, Because that means, Davis is going to play RG..So we are going to have a great push right up the middle....
Old 03-06-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

So why would we draft another G? Although, I would love it, I love O-line.

And no I am not D-Unit, Julius has average speed.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Julius is much faster than Barber at the very least...and one thing that excites me about having a stronger line is the opportunity for Julius to run more draws.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
Julius is much faster than Barber at the very least...and one thing that excites me about having a stronger line is the opportunity for Julius to run more draws.
Jones Rules on Draws..............
Old 03-06-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

lol. Julius isn't a lot faster than Marion, what are you smoking. Julius does not have breakaway speed, granted neither does barber, but Julius doesn't for sure. And don't give me that run on New Orleans, my mom could have scored on that. Just look at the Seattle game, he got cought from behind when he had a wide open lane to the endzone, which would have won us the game, and he gets caught from behind by Ken Hamlin, who ran a 4.6 at the combine, granted 40's don't mean everything, I am just saying. And Julius did not run in the 4.3s D-Unit, so don't bring up that junk.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Sometimes people need to learn how to make intelligent comments. Saying JJ doesn't have speed is plain ignorant.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

t new stop while your ahead JJ runs between late 4.3 to early 4.4...barber clocked a 4.50 at the 2005 combine. i do think barber should get more carries though. bring in JJ as a change of pace guy.

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the difference in the 40 times may not seem like a big difference on paper, but on the field it makes a whole world of difference. And regarding who should get more carries if it aint broke dont fix it
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

Quote:
According to John Clayton, with the signing of Davis, we are going to switch to more of a power running offense. Which hopefully means, Barber is going to get more carries.

On another note, in an article by Nick Eatmen on DallasCowboys.com, we are negotiating with Colombo on a 2 year contract, in the range of about 7 million. Sound great to me.

Thoughts?
links? please

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol. Julius isn't a lot faster than Marion, what are you smoking. Julius does not have breakaway speed, granted neither does barber, but Julius doesn't for sure.
Your just pulling stuff out of your ass now buddy, no proof or evidence ofanything you claim. Do you even watch a Cowboys game in the past 2 years? First off now if you want to bring 40 times up then here.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/7121687
Quote:
The fastest times of the group were Oklahoma State's Tatum Bell (212 pounds), who ran a 4.37, and 217-pound Julius Jones of Notre Dame, who was timed at 4.40. Both also had vertical jumps of over 37 inches. Both players added green to their bank accounts thanks to their workouts, meaning they will be drafted higher and get bigger signing bonuses than first expected.
Barbers' 40-time
http://www.fftoday.com/articles/idpt...aft_rbs_v4.htm
Quote:
Helped himself running in the 4.5-even range at Minnesota’s Pro Day. After some slower than expected times for some of the other backs in the second tier, he has climbed by default, as well. Classic example of a back that does many things well, but nothing really spectacular. However, with his measurables, the potential is greater to make it as a feature RB. Could go as early as the fourth RB taken and no later than the early third round. The Colts could be a surprise suitor, as the Edge Situation remains tenuous and Barber is comfortable playing on carpet.
Last time I checked those numbers and analysis shows that Julius is faster, no if and or buts about it.

Secondly,
Quote:
And don't give me that run on New Orleans, my mom could have scored on that. Just look at the Seattle game, he got cought from behind when he had a wide open lane to the endzone, which would have won us the game, and he gets caught from behind by Ken Hamlin, who ran a 4.6 at the combine, granted 40's don't mean everything, I am just saying.
Yeah let's just forget about the New Orleans 70yd run, and the 200+ yards he had against Seattle few years back, and the burning of Panthers the in the 2005-2006 season, and of course don't forget that Thanksgiving Day game against Bears game, and all the other plays that showed why people Consider him or SPEED back. Let's just remember that one play

Thirdly,
Quote:
Just look at the Seattle game, he got cought from behind when he had a wide open lane to the endzone, which would have won us the game
Oh yes, that's what lost us the game. Not the Fumbled snap or the defense giving up big plays and giving away 3rd down conversions.

Fourthly
Quote:
my mom could have scored on that
I'm a fan of Hyperboles myself, if you don't know what Hyperboles means look it up or use context clues. But your habit of it around here has gone to the point of annoyance.

You see what I did there? I provided an argument with evidence and proof, with a bit of sarcasm, to prove my point. You should try it sometimes.

Last edited by Paul : 03-07-2007 at 12:36 AM.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If memory serves, Julius had the best 10 yard time (on the 40) of anyone at the combine that year. He is explosive.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julius doesn't have a problem with speed. His problem is yards after contact. I made a post about a month or two back that really broke down how he stacked up. But JJ does have the speed...however we only get glimpse of it because he goes down on the first hit.

Not trying to start an argument...just saying that JJ's problem surely isn't speed. It's yards after contact and reading cutback lanes.

The change in running game makes me laugh...because we still have the same running game coordinator...stupid espn analysts.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:12 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Julius doesn't have a problem with speed. His problem is yards after contact. I made a post about a month or two back that really broke down how he stacked up. But JJ does have the speed...however we only get glimpse of it because he goes down on the first hit.

Not trying to start an argument...just saying that JJ's problem surely isn't speed. It's yards after contact and reading cutback lanes.

The change in running game makes me laugh...because we still have the same running game coordinator...stupid espn analysts.
You make excellent points about JJ's issues with yards after contact. He needs to learn how to deflect the hits he takes. Spin off of hits and get that extra 1-3 yards.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like he needs to go back and watch some old school Emmit Smith runs!
- Atlanta Falcons GM
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
TheFan0520
Rookie

TheFan0520 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah I thought we always tried to be a power running team except we just didn't have the dominant offensive line to consistently do it. It's why the offense looked so bad at times because they had to resort to passing and we all know Parcells and his staff aren't exactly gurus in the air attack.
TheFan0520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Actually no, Julius ran a 4.47:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/julius_jones#agility

And Marion ran a 4.48:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/20...marion#agility

You probably got the unofficial results, those are the official times. There are some facts for you.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So you still prove my point that Julius is faster. Now tell me why do 99% of the people here on forums say Marion is our power back and Julius is our Speed Back? Why Do scouts and Analysis call Julius our lightning and and Marion our Thunder? Why do People consider Julius our homerun hitter and Barber our closer? Are you so stubborn and blind by your own shallow judgments of ability, that statistical and visual evidence and the testimony of fans and experts alike prove nothing to you?

That's it I'm done with you, I don't even know why I argue with some 15 year old.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Yes, Julius is faster, when did I every say he wasn't?

What I am saying is, neither are THAT fast, they have solid speed, but not amazing, burning everyone, reggie bush type speed.