Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What if they packaged smoot and the 6th... That could work, even though smoot wouldn't be exactly the corner they'd want.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue8888 View Post
Who told you this and would it be both 3rd rounders.
One of old college roomates works for comcast sportsnet as a research analyst and sends me e-mails when he recieves possible stories, this is one I heard reported. And it would be our 3rd rounder we would get not yours.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I jest, voicing my dislike for the Redskins' typical strategy, if they could do this I would actually like it. Accumulating picks is a sharp contrast to their usual modus operandi.

Last edited by Shiver : 03-07-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

odd ... where did LaCanfora mention that Al Wilson was involved? I've gone through his recent blogs and I didn't see it on a cursory glance.

And Jughead, I think LaCanfora is one of the better beat writers out there. A lot of things can be said about the Post (although personally, I think it's one of the best papers nationally, but different people, different strokes), but in regards to their Redskins beat writers, they've had some good ones in recent years, with Nunyo Demasio (now with SI I think) and now LaCanfora.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
THIZZorDIE
Veteran

THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.

Didnt they just re-sign Fred Smoot?

Smoot, Rogers, and Springs is no CB corps that deems a trade involving the #6 overall selection.
THIZZorDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIZZorDIE View Post
Didnt they just re-sign Fred Smoot?

Smoot, Rogers, and Springs is no CB corps that deems a trade involving the #6 overall selection.
Well Springs is likely to be cut for Cap reasons and Beyond Smoot and Rogers there is no one, and Smoot should be playing Nickel.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Olympia Martin
Rookie

Olympia Martin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Everything that I have read on ESPN insider and other Network sites has the possible trade rumored to be this:

Denver gives #21, #56 and Dre Bly
Washington gives #6 and Ladell Betts

The stalling point ot the deal is Washington wants the Broncos 2nd round pick not a third. Denver countered back with they will include #56 but Washington must add in Ladell Betts.

Both sides seem pretty serious about getting a deal done so I would not be surprised to see something go through within the next couple days.

Personally I really dont see the need for Denver to get anxious about trading, the have the leverage, IMO. Washington is the one who wants Bly and will probably pay for it. IMO Denver should keep Bly and the picks. It would be a good deal for Washington if they can then move Shaun Springs for a day 1 pick., maybe 3rd round but I think his value is more a 4th.
Olympia Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Basicly, the way i see it, were getting the #6 pick for our first and second, which isnt bad.

Ladell Betts for Dre Bly in itself? Meh, Maybe the Skins would get teh better deal there, but Bly wants out. so w/e
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Wow that would be a great steal for the Skins IMO especially if you can toss Springs in there, not sure why Denver wants a RB so bad after getting Henry and having the ability to draft any RB and do well, but I heard the Broncos front office are in love with Betts for some reason.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Ghettosermon isn't big on Ladell Betts, but Betts for Dre Bly, IMO, favors the Broncos. Betts is a young back without much treads on him, a guy who moves better than some Redskins fans give credit to, while also having the power to run over people. Now, without taking it too far, I am in no way saying Betts is a top level back, but he can be a very good back. Heck, I like him better than Travis Henry personally. Bly is a nice solid corner, but every visual indication seemed to be that Bly lost a little last year, and another year isn't going to help things.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

U R right Toon value wise the Broncos win it, but if somehow we can throw in Springs I do it right away as if we move Springs we get 7 mil cap relief, also I guess I got a little excited at the prospect of possibly having more than 1 day 1 pick. But if we did make this move obviously we would pray that Okoye falls to us but that's not happening and I'd love PWillie but with Fletcher you wonder that, so I open up to possibly taking a FS or Guard although we can probably take one if we had #56. There no doubt will be great passrushers available at #21.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
odd ... where did LaCanfora mention that Al Wilson was involved? I've gone through his recent blogs and I didn't see it on a cursory glance.

And Jughead, I think LaCanfora is one of the better beat writers out there. A lot of things can be said about the Post (although personally, I think it's one of the best papers nationally, but different people, different strokes), but in regards to their Redskins beat writers, they've had some good ones in recent years, with Nunyo Demasio (now with SI I think) and now LaCanfora.
As far as covering the actual team through training camp and the season the Post is very good, it just seems like at this time of year they will make up whatever rumor they can to sell papers.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

I dunno. I forget how Nunyo was in the offseason, but from what I've seen of LaCanfora since he's taken over, he's been a fairly straight shooter. Especially now that every writer has a blog, and is given more freedom on the blogs by the papers itself. I mean, the nature of the beast is that the beat writers need to suck up to the organization, but overall, I think LaCanfora does a solid job with the offseason.

But eh, not a big deal. It'll be interesting if they can work something out.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
goblue8888
Rookie

goblue8888 smells like sex panther.goblue8888 smells like sex panther.

Bly
1st(21)
2nd
Eartly third

for

6th
Betts
Springs

Thats how i think it goes down if it does
goblue8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good lord, the Broncos aren't desperate. If a trade goes down for the #6 pick, it will only invole 2 first day picks for the Broncos, their 1st obviously and most likely their 3rd round pick, maybe 2nd.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade Value
6.......... 1,600

21.......... 800
56.......... 340

their 1st and 2nd only covers 1140 of the 1600 "points"

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

And the Broncos take a dump on the Skins chest, what else is new?
Old 03-08-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
Trade Value
6.......... 1,600

21.......... 800
56.......... 340

their 1st and 2nd only covers 1140 of the 1600 "points"
Add in Dre Bly. The Broncos aren't desperate to make a move and trade away their draft to move up.
Bly and picks 21 and 70, maybe a 4th next year, for the 6th overall
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
ST21

Actually its more like this...

(1) WSH #6 - 1600

for

Dre Bly
(1) DEN #21 - 800
(2) DEN #56 - 340
(3) DEN #70 - 240
(3) DEN #87 - 155

Total = 1535 + 240 (Bly's approximate value) = 1775

we might throw in a 3rd rounder next year or something

broncos wont take springs in the trade; they'll just pick him up after the skins cut him...or will they?

ANNNNDDDD

gibbs said he will not trade betts and expects both him and portis in the backfield next year.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Chaucer
Rookie

Chaucer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Chaucer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

the broncos would be getting the better end of this deal, the #6, and a mid rounder for bly, com on now. they need a pass rusher bad. With 2 of the three best DL players still left in the draft, its pretty that they would give that up, but you never know.
Chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:32 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

This draft is so stacked with talent that the Skins would fill a ton of needs with those picks.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:09 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

This is the NFL eqivalent of the Yankees-Red Sox trades. One team always comes out ahead. The only thing missing is a rivalry since these teams only play one another once every 4 years.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:10 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaucer View Post
the broncos would be getting the better end of this deal, the #6, and a mid rounder for bly, com on now. they need a pass rusher bad. With 2 of the three best DL players still left in the draft, its pretty that they would give that up, but you never know.

Umn dream on if you think you can get the #6 pick for Bly and a mid rounder. At the minimum it would take your first, 2nd, and Bly and even that wouldn't be enough.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:09 AM    (permalink
goblue8888
Rookie

goblue8888 smells like sex panther.goblue8888 smells like sex panther.

I heard this trade today

DEN trades
their 1st, 2nd and early third al wilson and bly

They get
The number 2 pick likely CJ

DET trades
The number 2 overall pick
Gets
The 6 overall pick, al wilson

WASH
Trades the 6th overall
Gets
denvers 1st, 2nd 3rd plus bly
goblue8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue8888 View Post
I heard this trade today

DEN trades
their 1st, 2nd and early third al wilson and bly

They get
The number 2 pick likely CJ

DET trades
The number 2 overall pick
Gets
The 6 overall pick, al wilson

WASH
Trades the 6th overall
Gets
denvers 1st, 2nd 3rd plus bly
where did you hear this? becasue we would get rid of our draft...but we would prb. take CJ...and that would be INSANE walker and johnson...but we do not need a WR...so im not really for the deal...just curious were you heard it