Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-01-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The 2009 NBA Mock Lottery Show - Part V released

The following is a waste of my time, but once I started, my imagination got on a roll and then I couldn't turn back. Had fun doing it, but there is a 7 part series to this where I will mock out the NBA Draft Lottery. Complete with trades, drafting, ESPN commentary, guest appearances, commercial breaks, pictures, video, and some personal analysis of each pick and why I made it. Hopefully you can have a laugh out of it all. :)

Welcome all to the the
2009 NBA Draft here in Madison Square Garden!

Mike Tirico: Thank you all for joining us and tuning in today. We've got a packed house and great crowd today! You can see them all buzzing with excitement for what is about to take place over the next few hours when their favorite teams make decisions that could propel them in the standings and pile up numbers in the win column.

Rich Bucher: You can tell they are all getting antsy waiting for the draft to begin. As they should be. My sources are telling me that we're in for a lot of wheelin' and dealin'. You never know how things will unfold, so hold onto your seats folks.

Tirico: Well it looks like the time has arrived, the stage has been cleared and we should be hearing from Commissioner David Stern any moment now.

David Stern: We welcome all basketball fans from around the world on this fabulous day and thank you for joining us as we kick off the 2009 NBA Draft. There is sure to be excitement to follow and we hope you enjoy your teams' draft pick selections. With no further adieu, the clock is now officially started and the Washington Wizards are up for the #1 overall pick.

Tirico: Joining us here in studio is ESPN's NBA draft analyst, Chris Ford. Chris, were you surprised with Washington landing the first overall pick in April's lottery? Where do you think they'll go with the pick and why?

Chad Ford: The Wizards were definitely very fortunate to have landed the #1 overall pick in the draft. Was it a surprise? Not really. When you finish with the 2nd worst record in the league, you earn it. Washington started giving away meaningless games as the season ended once title contention became out of sight. But they won't tell you that of course.

However, I think the NBA has done a great thing to try to avoid teams throwing away games, when they came up with this lottery system. With the lottery, the worst team is no longer automatically given the #1 pick, so teams won't necessarily be rewarded by purposely ruining the integrity of the game. Plus, I think it's another exciting event to have the lottery set up the way it is.

Teams will think of anything to bring as much luck to them as possible and it's really no joke. I know one GM and won't mention any names, that actually wear's his wife's favorite lucky thong underneath his trousers. It's true!!!

When the representative from Ernst and Young, one of the nations best auditing firms, opened up the envelop which revealed the Sacramento Kings, (the team with the best chance of winning) would be picking second in the draft, the Washington Wizards representative, newly annointed Redskins starting QB, Colt Brennan, was so happy it brought him to tears! It must have been his lucky Hawaiian lei!

Stephen A. Smith: Yeah, it must have been the lei. I know for sure it wasn't a lucky thong! I KNOW who was wearing that... *mumbles Larry Bird cough cough*...

Thank the Lord, it looks like Washington is ready to announce their pick!

With the 1st pick of the 2009 NBA Draft, the Washington Wizards select
Forward, Blake Griffin from the University of Oklahoma.

D-Unit's Analysis: The Wizards have fallen on hard times recently and have seen every team in their division surpass them. But now they're about to get a kick start back into gear. Landing Griffin is a tremendous coup for any team and the Wizards are thanking their lucky stars. There's no doubt that Griffin is getting picked by which ever team gets the #1 pick. My fun guess is that the Wiz hit the lotto.

Stephen A. Smith: I bet nobody saw that one coming! HA! :D Blake is gonna tear up the league from Day 1! And that's a cold hard fact. He instantly puts the Wizards back on the map. I'm excited to see the brotha in the league. Hmm.. no wait. Is he a brotha? Or brother?

Jalen Rose: Oh damn slick! I can't believe you went there! Griffin is a baller fo' sho. But I'm not sure he would've went #1 in a lot of other drafts. He doesn't go #1 overall over my boy C-Webb.

Tirico: Well, speaking of C-Webb, next up are the Sacramento Kings, a team C-Webb had some golden years playing for. I bet there were at least some in the draft room hoping that Griffn would fall one spot. Let's see what they do here.

With the 2nd pick of the 2009 NBA Draft, the Sacramento Kings select
Point Guard, Brandon Jennings, Euroleague

Jalen Rose: OH SH********! Young Money! Did that just happen???

Bill Walton: I don't agree with this pick at all. This is an absolute mind boggler. I get that the Maloof's understand all about gambling, but this is HUGE! They are about to commit millions to this kid who comes with so many question marks.

Magic Johnson: Bill, I know where you're coming from, but I absolutely LOVE this pick! This is all about flash and I know flash. The city of Sacramento needs a jump start and the last time they got a jump start they had a kid nicknamed "White Chocolate" who put fans in the seats. I'm sure the Maloofs are banking on that happening again with this kid.

Tirico: Brandon Jennings is coming to the NBA after spending 1 year in Rome, Italy playing in the Euro League. ESPN the Mag followed him for a day and it's available here:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?catego...809&id=3695454

D-Unit's Analysis: The Kings are a struggling franchise on and off the court. Attendance has been at an all time low and there are talks of moving the team to another city. Arco Arena used to be packed with rabid fans, but that was a time when there was an exciting team on the floor with White Chocolate and C-Webb. The flash is back with Brandon Jennings. Right now people are throwing all kinds of negatives towards his way because of his detour in Europe. Fact of the matter is that he was never gonna succeed there. His flamboyant style and American prima donna attitude would never break the barriers that are established there. Once teams get to see him in workouts and evaluate him at camps, he will see his stock soar. His talent is undeniable and upside is unparallel. The Maloofs know how to make a gamble pay off big and Showtime is their business.

Check it out.

Bill Walton: I still think this is too much of a risk... but next up are the Clippers... Is it possible that they can ever emerge from the abyss they are in?

Stephen A. Smith: Possible? Yeah, it's poooosible. But Quite Frankly, it sure as hell ain't probable!

Jalen Rose: *Reaches under the counter* Hey guys, I recently broke into Coach Dunleavy's office and found this book!

*Laughs all along the panel*

Michael Wilbon: Hahahaha! Now THAT is Funny!!!

Jalen Rose: Yeah, but not as funny as Tim Duncan's "Nip Slip" caught on camera and shown on TMZ last night!

John Saunders: You are killin' me Jalen. :p But you're also killin' the show. Let's settle down guys.

Jeff Van Gundy: But... but... I like that book. I bought it because Cindy Crawford was on the cover.

*Silent blank looks*

Looks like Commissioner Stern is ready to announce the next pick. Let's listen in.

With the 3rd pick of the 2009 NBA Draft, the Los Angeles Clippers select
Center Hasheem Thabeet, University of Connecticut.

D-Unit's Analysis: Why can't the Clippers win? Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Al Thornton, Zach Randolph, Marcus Camby and they can't win 20 games? They are just the ugly duckling of sports franchises. It's like no matter what they do, they can't win. Hah. I guess if you look at the glass half full, Eric Gordon and Al Thornton are decent pieces to build off of. ...and believe it or not DeAndre Jordan showed great flashes of potential. He impressed me with his defense and rebounding for sure. I'm choosing Hasheem Thabeet for them here. Some might project Jordan Hill instead, but I think by the time draft day arrives, Hill (a brick layer with poor fundamentals) will be exposed. The Clips can't afford that, but they can afford to play DeAndre Jordan at the 4 and Thabeet at the 5 when Kaman is injured again...lol. With Camby already talking about places he's like to play next season like NY, this pick makes enough sense.

* Commercial Break*

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice, BTW you needed a Dicky V tirade at Jennings going #2 over a proven college superstar in TYLER HANSBOROUGH!!! BTW I'm working on my own nifty draft stuff to be out next week.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Nice, BTW you needed a Dicky V tirade at Jennings going #2 over a proven college superstar in TYLER HANSBOROUGH!!! BTW I'm working on my own nifty draft stuff to be out next week.
haha... I missed that. Dicky V is definitely in this though. I just have him gloating over a college guy in his cameo.

I always look forward to your stuff.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm definitely not creative like you though, can't wait to see the rest of your stuff,but I am creating 80+ individual prospect profiles that I or anyone can just copy paste and use for their mock drafts, examples, expect all my junk to be out by next week, have about 35 done already :

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow that is really early for Jennings. His pick in the NBA draft is higher than his rank was as a prep player after hes done basically nothing for a year.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
Wow that is really early for Jennings. His pick in the NBA draft is higher than his rank was as a prep player after hes done basically nothing for a year.
Many sites have him securely in the Top 10... if not higher. I'm a believer that once the draft evaluation process begins that he will start to shine and rise into Top 3 discussion. The opposite could equally happen. Just my thoughts of course and we don't even have a complete list of entries yet.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm definitely not creative like you though, can't wait to see the rest of your stuff,but I am creating 80+ individual prospect profiles that I or anyone can just copy paste and use for their mock drafts, examples, expect all my junk to be out by next week, have about 35 done already :

That looks like some good stuffs! Lookin' forward to it.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That Quote at the end of Terrence Williams was definitely by me!
Old 04-01-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm. I would do analysis this year but I don't think I have the time. Looks good though! It would be fitting if Thabeet went to the Clippers.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm about to stop caring about the Clippers..

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blake Griffin is similar to Boozer in terms of size.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blake Griffin = young Antonio McDyess!
Old 04-01-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Jennings going with the 2nd pick...of the 2nd round

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Part II

Mike Tirico: Welcome back to the show. 3 picks in so far, but our insider Rick Bucher reports that we should start seeing a faster run on picks as teams are ready to make things happen. Next up are the Memphis Grizzlies.

5 min mark
4 min mark
3 min mark
2 min mark
1 min mark

*Seconds are winding down and the Grizzlies are still on the clock.*

Rick Bucher: Mike, I need to make a correction. Our sources have indicated that there has been an unexpected phone call made to the Grizzlies and some background negotiations regarding this pick are being discussed between the Grizzlies and another unnamed team, which we haven't been able to figure out yet. That's why the pick which was expected to be made rather quickly has come down to the wire with no selection just yet. Stay tuned, time is winding down to the last second!

Mike Tirico: David Stern is at the podium now, let's see what happens.

We have a TRADE to announce!

The Memphis Grizzlies have trade the #4 overall pick of the 2009 NBA Draft to the New York Knicks.

*Knicks fans cheer in jubilation!!!*

With that pick, the New York Knicks select
Point Guard, Ricky Rubio, Euroleague

*And now they are boiling mad.*

Chad Ford: I don't understand why Knicks fans are upset with the selection. The savvy Knick fan should understand by now that Mike D'Antoni will go the International route more often than he will dip into the American college pool. I had Rubio ranked as the #2 overall prospect in my personal rankings. He's not the typical American PG coming out of HS oozing with fast wheels, a fancy handle, and explosive leaping ability, but he is the closest thing that I've seen to Steve Nash. D'Antoni probably sees the same thing and that's why they pulled the trigger. Not sure what the final terms of the trade is, but you've got to believe that the #9 overall pick is involved and that no one is happier right now than D'Antoni.

Rick Bucher: We have the terms of the deal. The official trade will get the Grizzlies the #9 overall pick in this year's draft, along with a future first round pick. The pick will be Top 10 protected in 2010, Top 3 protected in 2011 or Unprotected in 2012.

Jalen Rose: Man, I can see why these Knicks fans are all upset. New York is the Mecca of urban street basketball. That's the brand of basketball that they are used to. That's the kind of basketball that they want to watch. That's the kind of basketball that they want representing them and their city. They don't want to win using European imports and an International style of play.

Bill Walton: Yeah, they would've probably loved Brandon Jennings, but Isaiah tried to bring that type of basketball to NY and look where that got them and him. Mike D'Antoni is one of the best in the business and if NY wants a winner, they will have to do it his way and start to accept that.

Stephen A. Smith: Yeah, but who's that European kid they drafted last year? What'd he do? Quite Frankly, I don't even know his name! At least I knew the name Darko Milicic. Is this guy maybe worse? That selection last year wouldn't make me feel good about this pick this year, AND giving up a future first rounder... WOW. ...But I respect D'Antoni, so we'll see how this unfolds.

D-Unit's Analysis: This is the guy that I love landing with the Knicks. I really do think Mike D'Antonio will pull out all the stops to get him. This trade scenario will probably not happen in real life, but a move to the top involving future picks could be likely seeing as NY doesn't want to incur more salary and neither does a team like the Grizzlies who have been careful with the way they have spent their money. I predicted Gallinari as the pick early on last year and never swayed even when D'Antoni came out and said that he wouldn't take him. Somehow, someway, I expect this to be the outcome for the Knicks selection on draft day.

Reminds me so much of Steve Nash (albeit a tall Steve Nash which should make him a better defender).

Mike Tirico: Now we're starting to roll, the Commissioner is back at the podium with the Oklahoma City Thunder's selection.

With the 5th pick of the 2009 NBA Draft, the Oklahoma City Thunder select
Shooting Guard, James Harden from the Arizona State University.

Magic Johnson: I really like James Harden. He's got a real old school style to his game. He could've played in the '70s, '80s or '90s and fit right in perfectly. It will be interesting to see how he succeeds in today's NBA game.

Hubie Brown: I think you hit it right on the head Magic. Harden does have that old school feel. Maybe it's the T-shirt under the jersey... or maybe it's because he looks 35 years old. haha. On a more serious note, his game is mature and his basketball IQ is high. I see a successful player, but not an elite All-Star.

D-Unit's Analysis: In reality, the Thunder are probably hoping desperately to hit the lottery in order to grab Griffin and keep him in Oklahoma. While the chance is there, I'm not predicting it to happen so conveniently. The Thunder stumbled hard out the gates in their first inagurable season in Oklahoma City, only to finsih the season limping past the finish line. But hope is on the way. Kevin Durant and Jeff Green took another step forward in their development and Russell Westbrook proved that he has what it takes to be a really good player in this league. I don't think he has even scratched the surface yet. Meanwhile, the Thunder are hurting for a SG. Thabo Sefalosha doesn't cut it and the team can't be forced to play Westbrook or Durant at the 2 spot. The pick here is James Harden for me. I'm not that big on him at all, but I'm not dumb enough to ignore him completely. His floor is high and his game is smooth. He reminds me of a Michael Finley/Glen Robinson type player... the comparison I know, is not perfect. The future is bright though if the fans and management can remain patient. With Westbrook at PG, Harden at SG, Durant at SF and Green at PF, that young core will lead the "thundering" charge. Would be nice if they were able to land Greg Monroe in the 2010 draft. I'm not projecting him to declare this year. The Thunder also have a nice amount of space under the salary cap to add reinforcements, so keep that in mind too.

Hubie Brown:
The Thunder have quietly formed a nice young nucleus in their new city, and when they arrive they could make a serious run to the top of the West. They are built similarly to the Magic at the 4 positions other than Center. I really like what they've got brewing down there.

* Commercial Break*

Old 04-01-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice work. I really like the way this is going. Rubio would be a great fit on the Knicks with the system that they run.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, what's the thought process in taking Brandon Jennings over Ricky Rubio?
Old 04-01-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the jazz have the knicks 2010 first so i dont think that trade can happen
Old 04-01-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Wow, what's the thought process in taking Brandon Jennings over Ricky Rubio?
I'll stick with my guns here. I think Jennings' talent will shine through all this negative press once the pre-draft workouts begin.

...and the Kings being owned by Vegas Moguls... I think they'll consider the "entertainment" factor that Jennings has.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
the jazz have the knicks 2010 first so i dont think that trade can happen
Oh ok. Thanks. Just think of some other way they'll make it happen I guess.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Many sites have him securely in the Top 10... if not higher. I'm a believer that once the draft evaluation process begins that he will start to shine and rise into Top 3 discussion. The opposite could equally happen. Just my thoughts of course and we don't even have a complete list of entries yet.
Ya, I think he's a lock to go in the top 10. I may be a homer though because I've talked to him a few times.

Last edited by Cicero : 04-01-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought of Jennings as a top 10 player, NBA franchises nearly always draft based on ceiling. But I thought all his recent issues & problems as well as his size would hold him back from being in the top 5.

Im sad though D. I was most interested in what you were going to do with Monroe but you aren't putting him in your mock. Pish tosh sir.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

don't get me wrong, cause I love rubio and would cry if we got him, but since we don't have our first round pick next year that means the earliest pick we could trade them would be our 2012 pick...
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
I thought of Jennings as a top 10 player, NBA franchises nearly always draft based on ceiling. But I thought all his recent issues & problems as well as his size would hold him back from being in the top 5.

Im sad though D. I was most interested in what you were going to do with Monroe but you aren't putting him in your mock. Pish tosh sir.
Yeah, I think Monroe will return. I could be wrong though.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
don't get me wrong, cause I love rubio and would cry if we got him, but since we don't have our first round pick next year that means the earliest pick we could trade them would be our 2012 pick...
There could always be a trade involving players, but I have those coming up and didn't want to many in this.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be angry if the Thunder get Harden. Not as angry as I would be if they got Griffin, but still.