Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-07-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I finish this???
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Although I completely hated the Gallinari pick last year, and still do... I would absolutely love Ricky Rubio, if the Knicks managed to get him, I would start to care about what the Knicks did again, because right now I am a fan who could not careless what that team is doing. I was unfucking believably pissed at D'Antoni for taking Gallinari.

If David Lee develops a decent mid-range shot, we get Ricky Rubio, and Gallinari proves me wrong we'd have the a great young solid corp. and starting corp. of white guys lol.
A) D'Antoni didn't pick gallo, that one was on walsh with a positive scouting report from Isiah
B) Gallo's the smartest knick right now, our best shooter and our best passer. Just had successful surgery on his back today and should be completely healthy by TC. Kid's almost seven feet tall and is probably our best Point right now. PLus his man D was a lot better than expected and he's a good help defender. I didn't really like the gallo pick when it went down, but what he showed in TC and italy, my buddy got me some tapes of gallo's from his uncle in turin, has turned me into a huge fan. Kid is so basketball smart and has that type of special fire that the great players have, I think in time gallo will become Lamar Odom with a better head on his shoulders.
C) I love me some Lee, but he's such a mediocre defender and really should be a PF, but won't be a starter there down the line with Gallo and Ill WIll taking over the forward spots, that I'm not really sure how long he'll remain a knick. This summer he needs to put on a lot of muscle to be able to handle playing C, have you not watched them this year, David has developed a mid-range J and there was word that this summer he planned on developing a three point shot.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Should I finish this???
Yes you should, you have done a great job on this. Props for all the hard work.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Should I finish this???
I have enjoyed reading this. You should finish it.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
A) D'Antoni didn't pick gallo, that one was on walsh with a positive scouting report from Isiah
B) Gallo's the smartest knick right now, our best shooter and our best passer. Just had successful surgery on his back today and should be completely healthy by TC. Kid's almost seven feet tall and is probably our best Point right now. PLus his man D was a lot better than expected and he's a good help defender. I didn't really like the gallo pick when it went down, but what he showed in TC and italy, my buddy got me some tapes of gallo's from his uncle in turin, has turned me into a huge fan. Kid is so basketball smart and has that type of special fire that the great players have, I think in time gallo will become Lamar Odom with a better head on his shoulders.
C) I love me some Lee, but he's such a mediocre defender and really should be a PF, but won't be a starter there down the line with Gallo and Ill WIll taking over the forward spots, that I'm not really sure how long he'll remain a knick. This summer he needs to put on a lot of muscle to be able to handle playing C, have you not watched them this year, David has developed a mid-range J and there was word that this summer he planned on developing a three point shot.
Are you saying D'Antoni gets no credit for this pick and that Gallo would have been the pick if Isaiah was still there? Just seems odd. Walsh taking advice from the guy he fired... hmmm....

And even though D'Antoni played basketball on the same team with Gallinari's father for many year's in Italy... and have extremely close ties...

I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that Gallinari was Isaiah's pick relayed to Walsh and that D'Antoni sat on a log and watched it unfold that way by happenstance.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you saying D'Antoni gets no credit for this pick and that Gallo would have been the pick if Isaiah was still there? Just seems odd. Walsh taking advice from the guy he fired... hmmm....

And even though D'Antoni played basketball on the same team with Gallinari's father for many year's in Italy... and have extremely close ties...

I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that Gallinari was Isaiah's pick relayed to Walsh and that D'Antoni sat on a log and watched it unfold that way by happenstance.
Isiah is still a "consultant" for the knicks. So he still is with the organization cause of dolan pretty much. He is pretty much a knicks scout since the draft is the only thing he was good at.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmm Williams. very interesting pick, and I surprisingly like it. He's a good talent and pretty good fit and perfect need wise
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:

Walsh had a number of our scouts, including Isiah, watch gallo before Mike D even came aboard. Mike himself has admitted to having not seen much of the kid play and it was walsh who sold him on gallo instead of mike convincing walsh to pick gallo. It wasn't Isiah's pick, but Isiah scouted him and had him as our second best option after eric gordon. I'd hate to have to go back through various archives to find them but through interviews with walsh and d'antoni that's how it happened.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Isiah is still a "consultant" for the knicks. So he still is with the organization cause of dolan pretty much. He is pretty much a knicks scout since the draft is the only thing he was good at.
I thought Isaiah was only a consultant in title because he has dirty laundry on everyone. I didn't think they actually took his advice still.

So you too think D'Antoni wasn't a big influence on the Gallinari pick?

How are the Knicks making their picks then... through Isaiah? Does D'Antoni clash at all? Is he ok being a voice on the back burner? Does he and Isaiah communicate often? Are they on the same page? Does Isaiah make picks to fit D'Antoni's philosophy? If so, what makes him more qualified to make those decisions than D'Antoni himself? Is Isaiah still then an acting GM? I just don't see how Isaiah gets credit here. Walsh and Dolan don't get involved? What's the pecking order here?

Someone please explain. Thank you.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
I thought Isaiah was only a consultant in title because he has dirty laundry on everyone. I didn't think they actually took his advice still.

How are the Knicks making their picks then... through Isaiah? Does D'Antoni clash at all? Is he ok being a voice on the back burner? Does he and Isaiah communicate often? Are they on the same page? Does Isaiah make picks to fit D'Antoni's philosophy? If so, what makes him more qualified to make those decisions than D'Antoni himself? Is Isaiah still then an acting GM? I just don't see how Isaiah gets credit here. Walsh and Dolan don't get involved? What's the pecking order here?

Walsh is in charge, Isiah is a scout with a fancy title because dolan doesn't want to buy out his contract. Walsh sends isiah to scout players, just like he does all of our other scouts. He doesn't give advice, he just reports on the players he's sent to watch. Walsh and D'Antoni communicate, but generally Mike stays out of roster management and Walsh consults him to make sure players fit our team when he's making moves.

And Dolan sits in his office with his thumbs up his ass "because he's loyal", read "because he's clueless" and isn't involved at all. The man signs checks and stays out of the way.

Last edited by Mr. Hero : 04-07-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

D'antoni Had a influence he doesn't just sit around during the off season doing nothing lol he looks at draft prospects like all coach's do. He know of gallo cause of gallo's dad but that isn't the only reason we picked danillo. Isiah for all the flack he gets is pretty good when it comes to the draft so when Walsh and D'Antoni tell him the things they want in a player he knows how to find those players. Isiah isn't the gm or involved in fa or trades. He is basically a draft scout we send him away to italy or wherever every now and a then and he gives us his opinion on draft prospects only. Isiah doesn't get anymore credit then any of are other scouts he is just a prominently known one. Walsh and D'Antoni scout as well so Isiah gets some credit not all on Gallo.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
D'antoni Had a influence he doesn't just sit around during the off season doing nothing lol he looks at draft prospects like all coach's do. He know of gallo cause of gallo's dad but that isn't the only reason we picked danillo. Isiah for all the flack he gets is pretty good when it comes to the draft so when Walsh and D'Antoni tell him the things they want in a player he knows how to find those players. Isiah isn't the gm or involved in fa or trades. He is basically a draft scout we send him away to italy or wherever every now and a then and he gives us his opinion on draft prospects only. Isiah doesn't get anymore credit then any of are other scouts he is just a prominently known one. Walsh and D'Antoni scout as well so Isiah gets some credit not all on Gallo.
Well, it's pretty obvious that Isaiah didn't discover Gallinari in his scouting. And from the sound of things, Isaiah is scouting based off direction from D'Antoni... because the playing style and specific needs are based off D'Antoni's philosophy. Is somebody else other than D'Antoni explaining D'Antoni's needs? What I'm getting at is....

Where is the main source of direction coming from?

If Walsh is the GM... and he's asking D'Antoni what he wants, then D'Antoni is main man.

If Walsh is telling D'Antoni what D'Antoni needs, then Walsh is the main man.

If Isaiah is telling Walsh and D'Antoni what they need, then Isaiah is the main man.

So who's the main man responsible for the decision making philosophy/direction?
Old 04-07-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well, it's pretty obvious that Isaiah didn't discover Gallinari in his scouting. And from the sound of things, Isaiah is scouting based off direction from D'Antoni... because the playing style and specific needs are based off D'Antoni's philosophy. Is somebody else other than D'Antoni explaining D'Antoni's needs? What I'm getting at is....

If Walsh is the GM... and he's asking D'Antoni what he wants, then D'Antoni is main man.

If Isaiah is telling Walsh and D'Antoni what they need, then Isaiah is the main man.

Walsh and D'Antoni are working together just like otis and stan van do just like all gms and coaches do gms just dont acquire people without dealing with the coach. Walsh is the gm D'antoni is coach its not a hard concept D.

Walsh tells Isiah were to go and who to look at. Isiah has no say he goes where they tell him to.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:

Walsh is the main man, but walsh is working to fit in D'Antoni's system. So while ultimately it's his call he works closely with d'antoni. Isiah's not a factor, he's just another scout.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

LT since we seem to be repeating one another I'll just let you explain it til D-Unit understands how a GM and Coach work together, you know them cowboys fans aren't always the quickest learners :p
Old 04-07-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
LT since we seem to be repeating one another I'll just let you explain it til D-Unit understands how a GM and Coach work together, you know them cowboys fans aren't always the quickest learners :P
lol sure I will take care of this
Old 04-07-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Hey now, I had it right in the first place until Hero confused me. :/

After he said this:

"A) D'Antoni didn't pick gallo, that one was on walsh with a positive scouting report from Isiah"

It made me think D'Antoni had no influence on the pick. Obviously Walsh took direction from D'Antoni there. Isaiah's endorsement was nothing more than "thanks for the side notes Zeke".
Old 04-07-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
LT since we seem to be repeating one another I'll just let you explain it til D-Unit understands how a GM and Coach work together, you know them cowboys fans aren't always the quickest learners :p
LOL. You're not even on the same page as LT. You basically told me Walsh gets the credit for the Gallo pick and he made the pick based off Isaiah's glowing report. Mr. Hero... LOL.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hey now, I had it right in the first place until Hero confused me. :/

After he said this:

"A) D'Antoni didn't pick gallo, that one was on walsh with a positive scouting report from Isiah"

It made me think D'Antoni had no influence on the pick. Obviously Walsh took direction from D'Antoni there. Isaiah's endorsement was nothing more than "thanks for the side notes Zeke".
pretty much d. They all scouted him but Isiah's endorsement was not the end all be all on the pick it was that all the scouts (including Isiah liked him) Walsh liked him. Dantoni liked what he saw and Knew about him as well as his friendship with Danillo's dad.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
lol sure I will take care of this
Get that guy back here to answer for his sassy self.

Last edited by D-Unit : 04-07-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
pretty much d. They all scouted him but Isiah's endorsement was not the end all be all on the pick it was that all the scouts (including Isiah liked him) Walsh liked him. Dantoni liked what he saw and Knew about him as well as his friendship with Danillo's dad.
Exactly why I said Gallinari was D'Antoni's doing. If D'Antoni is not the coach, Gallinari is not the pick for the Knicks.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Get that guy back here to answer for himself.
well i just answered your last post so i dont think i have anything left to explain on this. If you want Hero back nothing I can do about that
Old 04-07-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Exactly why I said Gallinari was D'Antoni's doing. If D'Antoni is not the coach, Gallinari is not the pick for the Knicks.
idk I guess you can say that it is not 100% true Walsh mite have still picked him if D'Antoni wasn't coach
Old 04-07-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
idk I guess you can say that it is not 100% true Walsh mite have still picked him if D'Antoni wasn't coach
Knicks fans.... :P

Be honest, you were one of the thousands and thousands of Knicks fans that booed the pick. It was one of the funniest scenes at Madison Square Garden when the Knicks announced that pick. The Boos were classic.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
LOL. You're not even on the same page as LT. You basically told me Walsh gets the credit for the Gallo pick and he made the pick based off Isaiah's glowing report. Mr. Hero... LOL.
No, I said that Walsh was the guy who wanted gallo, I shouldn't even have mentioned zeke though. D'Antoni really didn't scout gallo though so I don't see how you credit him for the pick. Sure gallo fits mike d's scheme, but mike D isn't the only coach who likes smart players who pass well, have a good understanding of the game, are wet from three, are constant mis-matches and are crafty on D. this team was high on Gallo before D'Antoni, and when D'Antoni was brought on board Walsh confirmed with him that gallo fit mike d's scheme.

It's not like we didn't scout him and once mike D came aboard we suddenly decided to select gallo, our scouts have been watching this kid for a few years now and Walsh was very high on him as well. Unless we brought in a different coach with whom gallo just didn't fit we'd probably have selected Gallinari with or without coach D'antoni.