Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 04-02-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Most overrated and most underrated player your team is trying to get.

My ND picks
Underrated: David Amerson Safety out of North Carolina
Great speed, blew up a few combines, plays like a high four star. Best safety I've seen tape of this recruiting cycle.
honourable mentions: Denzel McCoy, Dakota Royer, Cody Riggs.

Overrated: Sean Parker Safety our of California
Not that I dont want him but playing alongside such a high calibre recruit as usc-bound Byron Moore makes it kinda easy at safety. I can change my mind in his senior year but I would like to see him light up as the only great safety on the team before I would rate him a 5* player.
dishonourable mentions: VJ Fehoko, Corey Miller, Chaz Green

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

of the remaining Texas targets

Overrated: LB Corey Nelson
rated very high by rivals & scout, there are 2 other linebackers just in the state of Texas I like more (Aaron Benson, Tevin Jackson)

Underrated: Cant really say anyone left on the board is underrated
Darius White
Lache Seastrunk
Jackson Jeffcoat
Jordan Hicks
Trovon Reed
Demarco Cobbs
Jake Matthews
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overrated: LB Jeff luc
great player, but is not a top 10 talent in my eyes

underrated: nobody really.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really can't do this game just because of how terrible the ratings are on rivals and scout. Their ratings are the complete opposite of what people down here are saying about the players...
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Overrated:
Delvin Jones. Great physical tools. but bad competition and extremely raw. Should be in the 150-200 range. Not top 75.
Jeff Luc. He's about 50 spots to high,
Michaelee Harris. Should be about the 150-200 range. Not 90.

Underrated:
Louis Nix. He's about 100 spots too low.
Todd Chandler. He should be about 50-75 spots higher.
Cody Riggs. How this guy isn't in the top 250 is beyond me.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overrated - Gabe King. Decent player but has some fishy things going on character wise. With BIG TIME impact guys you put up with that, but he isn't at that level

Underrated - TC Creecy. Seen a lot of film of this guy and he's legit. Wonder if the recruiting sites arent hyping him up much because he's not really looking to go too far from home. Also agree that David Amerson is possibly the most underrated player in NC. TJ Leifheit is an underrated OL as well, though he's probably going to UNC
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

overrated: Ben Malena or Damontre Moore
underrated: Luke Joeckel

With that said, if we can start stealing Dallas area products, our turn around is likely to occur sooner.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Overrated - Gabe King. Decent player but has some fishy things going on character wise. With BIG TIME impact guys you put up with that, but he isn't at that level

Underrated - TC Creecy. Seen a lot of film of this guy and he's legit. Wonder if the recruiting sites arent hyping him up much because he's not really looking to go too far from home. Also agree that David Amerson is possibly the most underrated player in NC. TJ Leifheit is an underrated OL as well, though he's probably going to UNC
Couldn't have said it better myself! I'd add PJ Clyburn into that underrated list as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overrated
Austin White

Underrated
Jeremy Jackson
Skyler Schofner
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Delvin Jones. Great physical tools. but bad competition and extremely raw. Should be in the 150-200 range. Not top 75.
Yeah, I saw that didn't he say that he might want to play WR?????

I would think with his size and athleticism that he would be a bigtime DE prospect all the way.

Am I thinking about the same guy?
Old 05-20-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Ohio State has been fairly selective, but I would say:

Overrated: William Gholston

Underrated: Spencer Ware
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

overrated...Matt James, William Gholston
underrated by the recruting media....either Rod Smith or Nick Montana.
underrated by the colleges (offer list)...Spencer Ware.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
underrated by the recruting media....either Rod Smith
Yeah, he's SO underrated at #48 in the Rivals100.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

indeed he is
Old 05-20-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

he looks a lot like Eddie did back in the day. Other than Lattimore, I think Rod Smith is gonna be the biggest star runner this year.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am pretty much in love with Rod Smith. The kid is huge with serious wheels. The eddie comparison is ok for me but i really see the next brandon jacobs
Old 05-20-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
indeed he is
Not from your Buckeye pals. I've seen comparisons to Adrian Peterson and Eric Dickerson.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself! I'd add PJ Clyburn into that underrated list as well.
Can you tell me more about Clyburn? Illinois is recruiting him and he's the #1 S right now (Cooper already in the fold) on their board.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Not from your Buckeye pals. I've seen comparisons to Adrian Peterson and Eric Dickerson.
Adrian Peterson actually is who Smith reminds me of. Nowhere near the same talent, but I think they're similar runners. Smith plays in Indiana however, so it is a bit difficult to tell quite how good he is.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Overrated - Keeston Terry. I think he is a 4* talent, if he plays safety. At WR, I think he is a 5.5-5.6 RR type guy but not the 4* WR they have him listed at.

Underrated - James McConico. Watch the video .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf38wcF51FA
bwillie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The hype around Kyle Prater has gotten so deep by now that unless he's the next Calvin Johnson, has a red S on his chest & walks on water he will be overrated.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:02 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The most overrated player that Ohio State has offered to is Jeff Luc. He is a good prospect, but his ceiling isn't that much higher than it is now in high school.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
My ND picks
Underrated: David Amerson Safety out of North Carolina
Great speed, blew up a few combines, plays like a high four star. Best safety I've seen tape of this recruiting cycle.
honourable mentions: Denzel McCoy, Dakota Royer, Cody Riggs.

Overrated: Sean Parker Safety our of California
Not that I dont want him but playing alongside such a high calibre recruit as usc-bound Byron Moore makes it kinda easy at safety. I can change my mind in his senior year but I would like to see him light up as the only great safety on the team before I would rate him a 5* player.
dishonourable mentions: VJ Fehoko, Corey Miller, Chaz Green
I'll have to do new ones here.

Overrated: Toney Hurd,
Can be that im missing it but i just dont see whats good about him
H.M. Kyle Prater (Good but < Superman, to much hype for anyone) Ego Ferguson (DE, DT some say both i say neither) Cody Riggs (they overcompensated)

Underrated: Christian Lombard
How he is not a high 4* is beyond me
H.M. Daniel Smith (not enough exposure prolly) David Amerson

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote