Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kellen Winslow "Braylon Edwards wants to be a Giant"

April 2, 2009

Ex-'mate: Braylon wants to be a Giant

Braylon Edwards hasn’t asked out of Cleveland (yet), but according to one of his former teammates the big receiver would “love” to play with the Giants this year.

That’s what ex-Browns tight end Kellen Winslow said today in an interview on The Sirius Blitz on Sirius NFL Radio, Winslow said he thinks Edwards’ days in Cleveland are numbered, and that if they are the receiver is hoping to be shipped to New York.

“For some reason I don’t (think he’ll play for the Browns in 2009),” Winslow said. “I know Braylon would love to go to New York. The Giants would fit him to the ‘T’ and he would have so much fun up there. I know he loves Cleveland but New York would be a great fit for him.”

Later in his conversation with hosts Adam Schein and Solomon Wilcots, Winslow said Edwards “would love it there. He’s a city guy and, yeah, I know he would love it there.”

The Giants, as you know asked the Browns about Edwards back at the scouting combine in February. They reportedly offered the second and fifth-round draft picks they got from New Orleans in the Jeremy Shockey trade. According to the same report, the Browns asked for receiver Steve Smith too, and the Giants countered with either Mario Manningham or Domenik Hixon, though team sources later insisted no players were mentioned in the talks.

The 26-year-old Edwards is 6-3, 215 and had 55 catches for 873 yards and three touchdowns last season. In 2008 he caught 80 passes for 1,289 yards and 16 touchdowns.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...s-to-be-a.html

Kellen was pretty good friends with Edwards so I take his word for this, and other rumors were going around saying that the Browns were "swapping ideas with the Giants about Edwards."

This could heat up as we get closer to the draft, probably something to keep an eye on.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would so trade for him

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, the Browns are done. Joe Thomas is the only guy left on that team with value.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braylon is like Lebron...just not even close to as good...
Old 04-02-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
lol, the Browns are done. Joe Thomas is the only guy left on that team with value.
Yeah we kind of suck but were not that bad that we have 1 guy worth value...

Offense - Thomas, Edwards, Steinbach, Quinn, Anderson

Defense - Rogers, Jackson, Wright, Pool, Wimbley?, McDonald?, Williams? (Alot of ? here going into 2009)

ST- CRIBBS DAWSON SUPER BOWl

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 04-02-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
osubrowns

Winslow is a worthless thug with no brains and does not have a clue what he is talking about. Sure Braylon could wind up in New York, but not because that is where he wanted to play. Braylon and his fragile ego would get crushed in the New York media the first 4 drop game he has up there. He cried like a little school girl when the Cleveland fans and media got on him for butter fingers. He's mentally weak. I hope to God we trade him soon. We're finnaly cutting the fat out of this team(Bodden in 2008 Winslow, Shaffer and now Edwards) Lets get Fraley and Anderson out of here too.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubrowns View Post
Winslow is a worthless thug with no brains and does not have a clue what he is talking about. Sure Braylon could wind up in New York, but not because that is where he wanted to play. Braylon and his fragile ego would get crushed in the New York media the first 4 drop game he has up there. He cried like a little school girl when the Cleveland fans and media got on him for butter fingers. He's mentally weak. I hope to God we trade him soon. We're finnaly cutting the fat out of this team(Bodden in 2008 Winslow, Shaffer and now Edwards) Lets get Fraley and Anderson out of here too.
Splendid idea. 35 year old David Patten and Syndric Steptoe ftw.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
osubrowns

His contract is up this year he is gone either way. Not trading him would be a mistake regardless of who we have at receiver, and teams without star receivers all the time not to mention a 1st or one of 3 2nds would be used on a receiver.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:11 AM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

If the Giants can make that move without giving up a 1st, then that's a real steal. You might not think so now, but if at any point Braylon gets a chance to lineup opposite Plaxico with Boss/Hixon/Smith/maybe Manningham than you've got a very very lethal WR attack. Then add the effect of the OL and RB's and the Browns are just straight up doing the Giants a huge favor.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
His contract is up this year he is gone either way. Not trading him would be a mistake regardless of who we have at receiver, and teams without star receivers all the time not to mention a 1st or one of 3 2nds would be used on a receiver.
Franchise tag trade, he won't just be able to leave...

If we get rid of Edwards and don't draft Crabtree we are going to have THE WORST offense next year...

If we KEEP Edwards SIGN HIM long term, AND DRAFT CRABTREE... We set up one of our young qbs to do amazing.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braylon is Hollywood, he seems like someone who would love to play in NY, Miami, LA, somewhere there are flashing lights and a big market...The fit from a football standpoint makes sense, but I have always got that feeling about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
osubrowns

Edwards doesn't want to be here why can't Browns fans get that through their thick sckulls? I see hoping against all hope worked out well for the last two scrubs you were routing for huh? Winslow's knees and his loud mouth are going to end his career sooner than later and Bodden proved he was a joke all along. Edwards and his fragile ego would get run over in New York. I'd take their 2nd 5th and Steve Smith all day long over Edwards.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDIT: Actually, he might not be the right kind of guy.

Last edited by thetedginnshow : 04-03-2009 at 01:14 AM.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I think that ultimately we do end up sending the saints second and fifth rounders to the browns with Manningham/Hixon for Braylon, unless of course plax takes a plea deal before the draft that guarantees he's back by the playoffs.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love for Mr. Dropsies to land in NY. That would be awesome. I hate Amani Toomer and all the pain he has caused me.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
osubrowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
I think that ultimately we do end up sending the saints second and fifth rounders to the browns with Manningham/Hixon for Braylon, unless of course plax takes a plea deal before the draft that guarantees he's back by the playoffs.
Too bad Mangini and Kokinis don't want Hixon or Mannigham(God he's pathetic why would that even be fair?) They want Steve Smith or no deal.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:24 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Edwards to the Eagles for one of the later of the first round picks and a third or fourth round pick, that's what should happen.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Edwards to the Eagles for one of the later of the first round picks and a third or fourth round pick, that's what should happen.
Sniper would be one happy man.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Too bad Mangini and Kokinis don't want Hixon or Mannigham(God he's pathetic why would that even be fair?) They want Steve Smith or no deal.
Except they're more likely to get our first than steve smith. I guess we'll have to see, I was just posting what I was feeling in my gut. It's a fair trade for braylon and I do think that relationship's getting awefully salty and they'll have a tough time getting more for the one WR who could out drop Shockey and Plax in their primes.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:41 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Sniper would be one happy man.
I'd puke if we went into the season with Steptoe/Patten...

I don't even care at this point anymore, if Curry isn't there we need Crabtree regardless of whether or not we keep Edwards...

I would also puke if we don't get a first round pick in exchange for Edwards, he's better than a 2nd and 5th when he focuses.

Best case scenario however... 1st - Curry 2nd (36th) - Nicks 2nd (50th) - BPA (center, guard, olb, rb)

Anyways, what this means is don't do drugs kids.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:51 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I'd puke if we went into the season with Steptoe/Patten...

I don't even care at this point anymore, if Curry isn't there we need Crabtree regardless of whether or not we keep Edwards...

I would also puke if we don't get a first round pick in exchange for Edwards, he's better than a 2nd and 5th when he focuses.

Best case scenario however... 1st - Curry 2nd (36th) - Nicks 2nd (50th) - BPA (center, guard, olb, rb)

Anyways, what this means is don't do drugs kids.
Agreed. I think Edwards is valued at more than a second and a fifth. I also am very much in favor of your best case scenario. Curry is obviously going to be a player, and I think Nicks will be a fine WR. With that late 2nd rounder, hope that one of the centers Mack/Unger/Wood or one of the RB's fall...Great draft imo.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:03 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braylon Edwards (BBHN) is the best WR in the NFL/history and it would be a steal if the Lions could get him for just the #1 overall pick.

Last edited by Michigan : 04-03-2009 at 07:20 AM.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:15 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh wow, if the Giants got Edwards, they'd be my pick for the Super Bowl, that is if he starts catching the football.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:21 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braylon should wear an eyefold. seemed to work for his hands in the commercials for Fantasy football

gogogo Bears trade ur 2nd and your 4th for Braylon

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 04-03-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:49 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edwards for a 2nd, 5th and any WR on the NYG roster would be stupid for Cleveland. Unhappy or not, the guy is worth more than that. NE has a few 2nd round picks . . . B-Easy would look nice opposite Moss w/Wes in the slot. sicksicksicksicksick

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote