Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-03-2009, 09:12 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tank Johnson?

Looks like Tank Johnson visited the Bengals and is interested in joining the team, per Bengals.com.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...3-f81087a17129

Thoughts?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shoulda seen this coming

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'd be good for depth, I personally don't care either way as long as he's not shooting off guns around my house.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it would serve him well to be in a 4-3 again. If they think he can keep it together he could definitely come in and contribute.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 04-04-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't really give you much as far as what to expect, he was strictly depth for Dallas but the fit was terrible, Tank is a very solid Tackle in the 4-3, I think he could push a starter honestly...He made some flashes with us, showed off his athleticism, but he never had a chance as a NT in a 3-4 even if it was a one gap scheme.

The character stuff with the guns is overblown, you haven't heard so much as a peep out of him here, but that final game vs Philly he was supposedly shouting "I'm a FA now baby" or something to that effect, but w/e, he stepped up as a vocal leader early which was nice to see.

Honestly Roy and Tank would be signings that could make that D much improved and not cost much, neither did anything to jack their price up which is the plus side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The gun thing never bothered me. As long as they werent used for criminal activities.

I would hope if we do sign him, this would eliminate Raji from our draft and we can trade down.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:21 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha... Yeah, the gun thing didn't bother me other I just found it very odd.

I would agree that signing him would lessen the chances we take Raji.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Looks like its a done deal:
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...4-37d3865250b1

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 04-07-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like this signing. Now we can toss the idea of picking Raji and focus on fixing the OL. I have a feeling that Zim is going to come up with some great ways to use Tank and to give us a much better DT rotation.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did Pat Sims look last year guys? I felt he would be really good to whoever got him, did he get to see the field alot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
How did Pat Sims look last year guys? I felt he would be really good to whoever got him, did he get to see the field alot?
Sims did very well this year but we are concerned with depth behind him and Peko. We do have Orien Harris and Matthew Shirley though Shirley is probably going to need some time to develop. Tank could probably start over Sims initially to let him continue to grow but I see them using Peko, Sims, and Tank in a rotation.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 04-07-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't see Tank starting ahead of Sims, I see Peko as a pass rushing DT as I see Tank. I see Sims and Shirley as our pluggers. I don't think they would put the two inexperienced guys out there together either. I think we have our DTs for this year. The defense can use a MLB, a nickel CB and maybe a passrushing DE or OLB but our D is going to be very solid and will sneak up on alot of teams.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
I don't see Tank starting ahead of Sims, I see Peko as a pass rushing DT as I see Tank. I see Sims and Shirley as our pluggers. I don't think they would put the two inexperienced guys out there together either. I think we have our DTs for this year. The defense can use a MLB, a nickel CB and maybe a passrushing DE or OLB but our D is going to be very solid and will sneak up on alot of teams.
While I agree with the majority of this, Shirley is just too raw to be thrown in right off the bat. Maybe as we get into the season, that will come to fruition, but as of right now, I don't see it. Don't get me wrong though, if we could get Shirley developed into the monster he can be, we could be straight deadly.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bye-Bye Raji. Hello trade back or best OT available.

Works for me. Given Sims/Peko along with Tank, our DT's are actually pretty decent for once.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Bye-Bye Raji. Hello trade back or best OT available.

Works for me. Given Sims/Peko along with Tank, our DT's are actually pretty decent for once.
Now that there is massive Depth at DT. Peko, Sims, Shirley, Johnson, Harris... There should be no reason to search for a DT in this draft. In all honesty I have never been on the Raji bandwagon. Now I hope we get the trade back...I am still under the impression that Denver will trade up with us. And it wont be for a QB...it will be for BJ Raji. Mark my word...I usually dont make predictions but I have to in this instance. Denver will trade up...and I think its for BJ RAJI.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a great signing for us. Should remove BJ Raji from our radar. Andre Smith is looking like a better and better pick every day (assuming we stay at 6). Johnson could be a big time player for us IMO when used right.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:53 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Concur that our DT is now set. Like the Tank signing, cautiously optimistic about our D line improving, we just can't afford any character problems from him or have him negatively influence the team (Henry). We've been under the radar and lets stay that way.

OT with or without a trade down is the clear choice. I think the only thing that would shake this up would be a Chad trade. From what I've been reading on the rumor mill is a 2nd rounder for Chad's trade value, if so, I'm not sure if this is the right move for us? If we can get a 1st pick yes. I am not sure what Mike Brown is thinking but it would be nice to see the old dominating Chad-Palmer hook up for 1 more season. Him not showing up for workouts might of set the cast for his departure.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote