Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry Johnson could very well be next on the chopping block.
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Cheddar Plax got released. I could name 3-4 teams that will land him! 1. NOT THE CHIEFS! 2. NOT DENVER! 3. NOT THE JETS! 4. Ravens are my sleeper team
IDK if we will go after him. His talent says yes, hell yes, but his pending legal issues and bad attitude say no. I don't think Harbaugh will want to go after him.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
The Rams need him, he's a perfect complement to Avery and Spags worked with him in New York.

Also, if the Browns do trade Edwards, they will also need Plax because their best receivers will be Josh Cribbs and David Patten.

But that's all assuming he doesn't see any jail time, which I don't think happens. He will see jail time, but maybe he can get it done over the offseasons the next two years if he's lucky.
Plaxico will never be the same player. He'll never get paid big again. He should go to Carolina where he can waste away the rest of his career.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Plaxico will never be the same player. He'll never get paid big again. He should go to Carolina where he can waste away the rest of his career.
I think you mean Oakland
Old 04-03-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Plaxico will never be the same player. He'll never get paid big again.
I could see him never getting paid the same but its not like the guy is 43 years old he could still have some good football left in him if he can get out of this mess.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I won't be suprised.. You guys missed out on the Cutler deal, and we happen to release Burress a day later. Coincidence? Maybe.. but I wouldn't be suprised if something happens now.
I am just curious what type of deal the Browns are going to do, I said before I am not for trading Edwards, cause the deal would probably look *SOMETHING* like this.

Edwards for a first and a second or a first and a third, or the variation of a second 5th and steve smith...

If the ideal one for the Browns happens (First + second) which are both very late picks in each round, then we still have a huge problem...

DAVID FREAKIN PATTEN IS OUR #1 RECEIVER... We would HAVE to draft Crabtree in the first round, absolutely have to... We would then have...

29th pick, 36th pick, 50th pick, 6X pick (whatever the Giants late second round pick is...

We would have Crabtree as our only main target, a washed up running back, and a competition at QB.

If Edwards is traded, we MUST trade Quinn or Anderson to get another pick, because we need another receiver in the draft if we get rid of Edwards.

Besides receiver, the Browns have needs at : ILB, FS, OLB, C, G, RB.

With the Edwards deal we would have 5 picks in the first two rounds to fill 7 holes, not too bad I guess, but I would think we would have to draft two receivers, so we would have 3 picks to fill 6 needs... Which is why trading a QB would help us out so much.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like a 4.4 million cap hit from what I'm seeing so far.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Come to Oakland if you dont go to jail to long
Times have changed. I doubt this team would consider it if this offseason is any indication.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So what's the cap hit?

Giants have a gapping hole at WR now. For as much a headache as he was (and I liked that as a rival fan), when he was on the field, he beasted it (and I hated that as a rival fan).

Alls I know is that the Giants weren't scary to face without him.
Yeah but we have options having 5 picks in the top 100. I am sure we may go WR, or tweak some of the passing concepts now that Plax is gone.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is surprising but I think it is a good move for the Giants. I think that this whole situation would just have been one big distraction to the team. Plus we don't even know if he's going to be able to play football because of his legal situation.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

About time. Guy is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...e_to_leav.html
Old 04-03-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Times have changed. I doubt this team would consider it if this offseason is any indication.
AMEN. I really can't see Plax playing again anyway.
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Ashley View Post
AMEN. I really can't see Plax playing again anyway.
Your right since Plax will probably be in jail.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So do the Giants now officially have the worst receiving corps in the NFL? They have to be close. Their two best targets are Hixon and Boss, unless they get a #1 receiver I find it hard to take them seriously as a contender.

Last edited by Basileus777 : 04-03-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
So do the Giants now officially have the worst WR corps in the NFL? They have to be close.
top 10 worst prob,

Steve smith could be a #2 or #3 on any team, Hixon shows flashes, Moss i dont even know whats wrong with him his combination of being scared and shortness probably, Manningham we have faith in. and tyree is looking at the short end of the stick

so basically.

1. Hixon
2. Steve Smith
3. Mario Mannigham
4. Sinorice Moss
5. David Tyree

two guys that have produced decently, two guys who have/had potential, and tyree

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
So do the Giants now officially have the worst receiving corps in the NFL? They have to be close. Their two best targets are Hixon and Boss, unless they get a #1 receiver I find it hard to take them seriously as a contender.
Good thing we are an offense built upon the run and team built based on the trenches on both sides of the ball. While losing Burress hurts, I am sure the offensive staff will tweak some of the passing concepts. We did it when we lost Shockey last season, and how did our running game do? Now with Burress gone, I expect the offensive staff to change some things once again, but this time in the passing game. Plus defense wins champions, NOT OFFENSE. Just see the Pats and Cards in the superbowl.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
steve smith is our best target, then Hixon, then RB, then Boss.

trading for braylon and/or drafting a WR would keep us in playoff contention. our running game is what really matters.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-03-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Good thing we are an offense built upon the run and team built based on the trenches on both sides of the ball. While losing Burress hurts, I am sure the offensive staff will tweak some of the passing concepts. We did it when we lost Shockey last season, and how did our running game do? Now with Burress gone, I expect the offensive staff to change some things once again, but this time in the passing game. Plus defense wins champions, NOT OFFENSE. Just see the Pats and Cards in the superbowl.
Steelers and Cards in the SB?

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-03-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
Steelers and Cards in the SB?
No I meant look at the dynamic offenses in the superbowls.. Pats vs us, exhibit A. and Cards vs Steelers in this past superbowl. Offenses don't win superbowls, defense does.. And how did we address that issue this offseason so far? It's not like our offense is on life support.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Giants WR corps is looking awful. They're going to need to take a WR in the first round if they want to have some semblance of a good passing game. Alternatively, guys like Marvin Harrison and Torry Holt are left, I guess. As for Plaxico...maybe the Jets?!?
Old 04-03-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You still need a playmaker on offense that defenses need to gameplan for. Look at how the Giants offense struggled after losing Plax last year when teams didn't have to double anyone.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets, Chicago actually makes some sense, they need a big body that Cutler can fling it to and no one out there makes more sense.

The Giants should sign Torry.

This happens every year (the situation with Torry Holt and Harrison) and team releases a vet who everyone knows has one or two good years left, no one touches them till just before camp and then they light it up and everyone is left going ffffFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU especially the team that dropped him. The second year.... usually a different story.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
You still need a playmaker on offense that defenses need to gameplan for. Look at how the Giants offense struggled after losing Plax last year when teams didn't have to double anyone.
Well you can't change stuff mid season and expect for the whole offense to learn it like that. You don't really expect a player to shoot himself nor can you plan on it. So when it does happen mid season, you're pretty much screwed, especially since your BYE week is week 4 or very early in the season. Factor in playing ALL playoff teams the last 8 or so games, and no wonder things ended the way they did.

I agree we need to make some changes but you can mitigate a loss of a # 1 by tweaking some of the passing concepts and reads in your passing game. But we do have 5 picks in the top 100, so I expect us to add talent to our offense.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler + Burress + Forte + Hester + Olsen + Boldin = Championship

I feel like I'm dreaming anyway with landing Cutler so why the hell not.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote