Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-27-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
Who is my pick :D
Your boy Negreanu got busted! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Your boy Negreanu got busted! :D
Yeah, i know. He needs his energy. He's going to win the ME.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, i know. He needs his energy. He's going to win the ME.
How can he when Allen Cunningham is going too?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
He's going to come out 2nd, duh.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He's going to come out 2nd, duh.
Uh no, he's coming out with his 6th bracelet. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-28-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Gabe isn't looking too good now..

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/chip_counts/7262
Old 06-28-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He's still playing so its not over yet. But hey Barry Greenstein is holding his own.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-28-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Quote:
For being a rich guy, his girlfriend is ******* busted ugly!

Forgot her name, but she is a good poker player.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms2clayton View Post
For being a rich guy, his girlfriend is ******* busted ugly!

Forgot her name, but she is a good poker player.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

He man, Allen can bang who he wants. I still think he's the best player out there.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-28-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought Cunninham "preferred the company of men", not that it matters. I don't care what any of these guys do away from the table. I care about learning from them when I see them on TV. As long as they're not harming anyone else, I could care less.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
That's ****** up

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I always thought Cunninham "preferred the company of men", not that it matters. I don't care what any of these guys do away from the table. I care about learning from them when I see them on TV. As long as they're not harming anyone else, I could care less.
Well said sir, well said.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-28-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to see why all the WSOP veterans hate amatuers. I was playing online poker for real money last night and I had pocket aces while there was nothing on the flop. A guy bet $10 with a 7,j and the flop was 4,6,Queen and of course I raised. Why would he call every raise with nothing? What are the f*cking odds that the next two cards would be 5,8 and he would land a straight? He bet like $25 on a 3 card draw.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 06-28-2007 at 01:01 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't control luck. You can only get your money in with the best of it and let odds take care of the rest. Make the correct plays, and you'll end up with a moron's money most of the time. I would gladly play 20 straight hands like that.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 06-28-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I'm starting to see why all the WSOP veterans hate amatuers. I was playing online poker for real money last night and I had pocket aces while there was nothing on the flop. A guy bet $10 with a 7,j and the flop was 4,6,Queen and of course I raised. Why would he call every raise with nothing? What are the f*cking odds that the next too cards would be 5,8 and he would land a straight? He bet like $25 on a 3 card draw.
First of all your not a pro but your irate feelings are somewhat understandable. Poker is a game of skill but also a game of luck and right there he got lucky. You were right to raise the flop but just because you're right to do so doesn't mean he has to fold. At the turn you probably raised which again could be a right move but again he doesn't have to fold. At the river and seeing whats on the board I personally would have checked and if he bet, well pocket Aces are a nice hand and beat any one pair on the board but I would have folded them because of the possible straight. Besides if he had pocket Queens prior to the flop and called all your bets and then showed you trip Queesn you wouldn't be bitching about amateurs now would you?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-28-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Gabe is out..

Quote:
During seven-card stud eight-or-better Gabe Kaplan raised to $100,000 on third street and both Freddy Deeb and Thor Hansen called. On fourth street Kaplan bet $50,000, Deeb raised to $100,000, and Hansen made the call. Kaplan now faced an all-in decision and he decided to rick all his chips. In the battle for the side pot Deeb and Hansen got into a raising war, which when the dust setlled, left Hansen with only $40,000. Deeb turned up his hand and exposed 6 6 (5 6 K J) 6 for quads. Both Hansen and Kaplan mucked. Hansen was crippled, Deeb eclipsed the $3 million mark, and Kaplan was eliminated in ninth place. He took home $131,424 in prize money.
Not looking good foe Greenstein either..

Quote:
Final Table Set

Amnon Filippi: $4,015,000
Freddy Deeb: $3,500,000
Kenny Tran: $2,445,000
John Hanson: $1,995,000
David Singer: $1,330,000
Bruno Fitoussi: $895,000
Barry Greenstein: $750,000
Thor Hansen: $40,000
Old 06-28-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Gabe is out..

Not looking good foe Greenstein either..

Yeah it sucks for Gabe but hey he made the money. I just want a "known" name to win this bracelet because its such a prestigious one. But the better player will win and kudos to them whoever they are.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-28-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Thor Hansen is a major dog to finish in 7th place. If he does, he will get lucky a few times. Greenstein is in an interesting position because only Filippi can call his all-in comfortably. If BG pushes with $750k, Fitoussi, Singer, John Hanson, and Kenny Tran will have to risk at least 30% of their stack to call him. Deeb would have to risk over 20% of his stack. One double-up, and Barry is pretty much in the conversation.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah it sucks for Gabe but hey he made the money. I just want a "known" name to win this bracelet because its such a prestigious one. But the better player will win and kudos to them whoever they are.
Going for Deeb now and if he's out then Singer.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
I just want a "known" name to win this bracelet because its such a prestigious one.
Pretty much only the insanely good, the insanely rich, or the insanely crazy people have entered this tournament. I'm pretty sure Kaplan made it in on a satellite or was partially staked. Everyone at the final table is a professional player. I've seen 6 of the final 8 play quite a bit, and I know of all 8. This is a very underrated final table. Not as prestigious as last year, but still awesome.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I like how Kenny Tran plays. I'm rooting for him. Deeb is an incredible player as well, but I really like Tran's game personally.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

I still would have loved to see Chip Reese repeat.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-28-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Chip Reese is one of the best players ever. I also enjoyed the marathon television exposure of the $50k Horse Event in 2006. It was well done all around.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Chip Reese is one of the best players ever. I also enjoyed the marathon television exposure of the $50k Horse Event in 2006. It was well done all around.
Yeah the 2006 event was an exception one to view and I loved watching it. Chip Reese needs more tv exposure dammit!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote: