Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-02-2014, 12:29 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
And when they let you do that, I'll be waiting for you, Vidae.. Oooooh, I'll be waiting!!
As long as they can somehow regulate it. As much as I don't want the government involved in things, I did start noticing online poker's Ponzi schemes. Every time when I first deposit I would win a big pot of say like $300-$400. It would get me hooked and want me to play more but then my next 30 buy ins I would lose. I would get mad and soon have to deposit more money and then I would win another $300 or so on my first or second game back. They let you win to get you hooked and then take the money back to give to the "new investors."
Old 02-10-2014, 01:31 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I was about this close to laying down a flush.

Again multiple limpers and I'm in the BB.

2-3 suited spades.

- K-6-5, two spades. I check. 3/4 of pot bet from villain. I call. I figure villain might have K-10, K-9, 6-5. A better spade draw or 7-8 can't be discounted, but would he bet with it into 4 active opponents?
- Turn is 8 of spades. I bet half pot, villain calls. A bit of warning bells, but I still figure I'm good.
- River is a 9 of diamonds. Ok, value time. If he popped a straight or made top 2-pair, pot-size should get me paid. Just a K might fold.
- I pot it. Villains goes all-in. He bought in for $300, I bought in for $200.

This was early in the game, so I don't know much about him. All I saw from him is a lot of limping, so I figured that he isn't a very analytical player.

Would he raise me with a straight on a board with 3 spades?
Does he think that K-9 is good here?

I call. Villain shows K-10.

He has a shocked look on his face that it's not good enough. His comment:

"You are playing with 2-3?'

I was going to mention that I was the BB and just needed to check and also going to mention that raising for value with a top pair there was an idiotic move, but I decided to just not say anything.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You cannot win those arguments anyway, so not saying anything was a great idea.

I would have just said "nice hand" and moved on.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah he's dumb for shoving when not only does a flush beat him but a 7 and from the BB 2 pair is likely also. It seems he never put you on a hand and thought what bet could push you off of it. I remember when I thought top pair was the nuts...
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:56 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss poker
Old 02-11-2014, 01:25 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post

He has a shocked look on his face that it's not good enough. His comment:

"You are playing with 2-3?'

I was going to mention that I was the BB and just needed to check and also going to mention that raising for value with a top pair there was an idiotic move, but I decided to just not say anything.
Thank God you kept quiet. There is literally nothing that pisses me of more, than when somebody tries to "educate the fish" at the table.
Congrats on a well played hand.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Won my home game Saturday playing tight and aggressive. Pulled off 2 good bluffs and a big lay down that would have crippled me. These guys continue to slow play EVERY big hand they get which makes me only push with the nuts which also makes me predictable but they don't seem to be picking up on it.

Edit: you guys were right about betting for information. Putting out more feeler bets helped me get a lot more information.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 02-17-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:11 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about this hand from the Big One-Drop?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DVw7DhvL9U

- First of all, what a massive cooler.
- Should Rast have pushed after the Turn? I doubt it would have mattered, but calling there isn't really slow-playing, Rast clearly was very strong.
- Ok, so Rast committed about half of his stack after the turn and had about 14 BBs left (with only 6 players left, crappier situation then at full table). Could he still have folded there? He had to consider the possibility that he is beat with the board paired.

Last edited by MaxV : 02-20-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:46 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My brother and I took the day off to take my dad to a poker tournament. He generally has very little idea what he's doing but of course he is killing it right now. I thought I could get a hold on his play but I'm down to pretty few blinds and he's probably a big reason for it. He's loving it, though.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:07 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
I miss poker
I miss it too. :(
Old 03-16-2014, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Home game last night ran A8 into A9 on a A-A-9-8 board. No way I could get away from it.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:48 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

That's a tough one, Bert.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Home game last night ran A8 into A9 on a A-A-9-8 board. No way I could get away from it.
Laydown of the decade if you actually read your opponent having A9.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Laydown of the decade if you actually read your opponent having A9.
He bet big on flop and he's a really tight player so I should have known. Any Ace bigger than mine obviously crushes me. I could have laid down on the flop. Not the turn.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:30 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Tough laydown no matter what.

Who was the pre-flop aggressor? Or was it a limped pot? That's where the mistake could have occurred.

I would not call a pre-flop raise from a tight opponent with a A-8. You are dominated way too many times in that situation.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Tough laydown no matter what.

Who was the pre-flop aggressor? Or was it a limped pot? That's where the mistake could have occurred.

I would not call a pre-flop raise from a tight opponent with a A-8. You are dominated way too many times in that situation.
I was on the button and made a 3.5x raise and got 3 callers. He was first to act after the flop.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

This was pretty incredible

Old 03-20-2014, 11:34 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man i have a huge hankering to play online poker. are there any legal sites left?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
man i have a huge hankering to play online poker. are there any legal sites left?
i play at betonline
Old 03-25-2014, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

The perfect table

Old 03-25-2014, 12:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
i play at betonline
excellent, ty for the suggestion I will check it out.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:06 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

What a way to lose $1 mill buy-in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V7aA0RHK-Q