Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-07-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I am having the same problem right now.

Choosing between Queen's Commerce, Western Ivey, and McGill Management. Been wrestling with this decision for a while now and the time to make my decision is soon approaching.
McGill Management - by far the most difficult of the 3 for undergrad. If you're planning on going to grad school, I'd suggest going to Queen's or Western where you can get better marks for less work. Distance may be a problem as well, or a good thing depending on who you are.

Western Ivey - Good choice, but only if you're willing to put up with the same lame Jewish kids from Toronto and that whole social scene.

Queen's Commerce - Nothing bad to say :)

BTW the time to make your decision is almost 2 months away. Relax. It should be a fun decision.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
McGill Management - by far the most difficult of the 3 for undergrad. If you're planning on going to grad school, I'd suggest going to Queen's or Western where you can get better marks for less work. Distance may be a problem as well, or a good thing depending on who you are.

Western Ivey - Good choice, but only if you're willing to put up with the same lame Jewish kids from Toronto and that whole social scene.

BTW the time to make your decision is almost 2 months away. Relax. It should be a fun decision.
What the **** is that supposed to mean?
Old 04-07-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
iHustle
Rookie

iHustle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

All of those programs are going to attract the lamest kids known to man basically. 90%+ averages + ECs = nerds with little social value.
iHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can decide weather to go to school here or in Bosnia.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

ETK, Chucky is one of those spoiled Toronto jews.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
iHustle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Funny cause it's true.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
He's too good for U of T apparently ..
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
i, too, am torn between Cincinnati and TNCJ

its driving me nuts
Cincinnati should be the easy choice.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Cincinnati should be the easy choice.
it should be, considering its been my top choice since basically last april, but theres little details within the program im entering that make me kind of hesitant.

indecision sucks

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
it should be, considering its been my top choice since basically last april, but theres little details within the program im entering that make me kind of hesitant.

indecision sucks
What major?
Old 04-07-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

graphic design

Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
Old 04-07-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

Quote:
graphic design
ummm that's kinda UC's specialty...
Old 04-07-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
ummm that's kinda UC's specialty...
yes i know

im worried about the workload, which is apparently a lot more than avarage

Quote:
Old 04-07-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have another year to decide what I am going to do but I have a little bit of an idea of what Im going to do and want to see if you guys have any advice/criticism.

FYI- Live in Boise have a chance at some decent scholarships for random community service stuff and hopefully good test scores. Im hoping to either to go in Pre Law, Journalism, or Marketing.

Choice 1- Go to Spokane Community College, stay with a rich/ cool family friend do all the required courses and get in-state residency for U-W.
Then I could spend 3 or 4 years at U-W for cheap and would probably stay in Seattle for a while in my life.

Choice 2- Go to U of Idaho for almost nothing and with basically my whole graduation class(good and bad thing). From their I can either transfer or stay if I like it but it's in a small Idaho town where drinking is the 1st 2nd and 3rd most popular thing to do there(not against that at all).

Choice 3- **** it and go out of state and experience something new, head to Arizona State. ASU would be me amongst 50,000 strangers but I think that would be fun but I dont know if its worth the money.

This will probably all change by the time I am a Senior but might as well get some all knowing NFLDCers opinion on this stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Last edited by Primetime21 : 04-08-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime21 View Post
I have another year to decide what I am going to do but I have a little bit of an idea of what Im going to do and want to see if you guys have any advice/criticism.

FYI- Live in Boise have a chance at some decent scholarships for random community service stuff and hopefully good test scores. Im hoping to either to go in Pre Law, Journalism, or Marketing.

Choice 1- Go to Spokane Community College, stay with a rich/ cool family friend do all the required courses and get in-state residency for U-W.
Then I could spend 3 or 4 years at U-W for cheap and would probably stay in Seattle for a while in my life.

Choice 2- Go to U of Idaho for almost nothing and with basically my whole graduation class(good and bad thing). From their I can either transfer or stay if I like it but it's in a small Idaho town where drinking is the 1st 2nd and 3rd most popular thing to do there(not against that at all).

Choice 3- **** it and go out of state and experience something new, head to Arizona State. ASU would be me amongst 50,000 strangers but I think that would be fun but I dont know if its worth the money.

This will probably all change by the time I am a Senior but might as well get some all knowing NFLDCers opinion on this stuff.
Choice 4- Go to Western Washington and maybe transfer to UW or stay if I like it. Western Washington has WUE, which basically grants you in state tuition if you meet their requirements.

Also theirs that. Anyone here do the whole WUE thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
He's too good for U of T apparently ..
Im not too good for U of T at all I just dont want to live in Toronto.

Right now I am leaning towards Ivey but that could easily change. McGill is looking like it is third as it is clearly a tier below the other two programs.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:51 AM    (permalink
iHustle
Rookie

Quote:
Im not too good for U of T at all I just dont want to live in Toronto.

Right now I am leaning towards Ivey but that could easily change. McGill is looking like it is third as it is clearly a tier below the other two programs.
Well just know wherever you go you'll be getting an overpriced education.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:54 AM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHustle View Post
Sounds like the original poster.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Education in Canada is pretty cheap relative to the States.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:57 AM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, it's a total bargain in comparison.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:58 AM    (permalink
iHustle
Rookie

Quote:
Right, but both Ivey and Queen's are ridiculously expensive when compared to other BBA programs. ROI is pretty low from those schools in my opinion.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Right, but both Ivey and Queen's are ridiculously expensive when compared to other BBA programs. ROI is pretty low from those schools in my opinion.
While those schools are more expensive from what I have heard from people who have gone to those programs and cheaper ones is that you really do get more out of them in terms of networking, job opportunities and quality of professers.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:02 AM    (permalink
iHustle
Rookie

Quote:
While those schools are more expensive from what I have heard from people who have gone to those programs and cheaper ones is that you really do get more out of them in terms of networking, job opportunities and quality of professers.
Well that's obviously the approach the schools are taking, but you have to ask yourself if the extra money is worth it. Money doesn't seem like much of an issue now, but trust me, it becomes one. Still, I don't know your financial situation so it may actually not be a concern for you.

I would definitely look into programs like U of T, WLU, and Schulich as well. Better ROI in my opinion and they don't preclude you from getting those top-end jobs/internships.

All that said, education is a great investment and a great time. Go where your heart is as long as you can afford it.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well that's obviously the approach the schools are taking, but you have to ask yourself if the extra money is worth it. Money doesn't seem like much of an issue now, but trust me, it becomes one. Still, I don't know your financial situation so it may actually not be a concern for you.

I would definitely look into programs like U of T, WLU, and Schulich as well. Better ROI in my opinion and they don't preclude you from getting those top-end jobs/internships.

All that said, education is a great investment and a great time. Go where your heart is as long as you can afford it.
I applied to WLU... I just dont really want to go to waterloo. I didnt apply to U of T and schulich(which I think are just as expensive) because I dont want to stay in Toronto. In terms of cash. I have gotten decent scholarships from all the schools (western in particular) but I do have my education payed for.

But honestly from who i have talked to Queens, Ivey, U of T, and Schulich really do give you the best overall education and because U of T and schulich are in Toronto I am opting for the other 2.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:43 AM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

Quote:
I applied to WLU... I just dont really want to go to waterloo. I didnt apply to U of T and schulich(which I think are just as expensive) because I dont want to stay in Toronto. In terms of cash. I have gotten decent scholarships from all the schools (western in particular) but I do have my education payed for.

But honestly from who i have talked to Queens, Ivey, U of T, and Schulich really do give you the best overall education and because U of T and schulich are in Toronto I am opting for the other 2.
You honestly cant go wrong with any of those.