Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-07-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ladell Betts

I was reading Pat Kirwan's story on NFL.com and it said that the Skins might be interested in moving him, and IMO that would be the best possible move we could make. When he took over the starting job for the skins last year he ran for 1154 yards on 245 carries which is a 4.7 yards per carry average. I'd much rather have him then Willis whom I believe is overrated.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know you are all in love with Willis McGahee so here is a stat comparison, now I realize Buffalos line is not as good as Washingtons but Willis's numbers are through 14 starts, Ladell's are with 9 starts:

Ladell Betts

Rushing Stats
carries 245 yards 1154 YPC 4.7 TD 4

Receiving Stats
catches 53 yards 445 YPC 8.4 TD 1

Willis McGahee

Rushing Stats
carries 259 yards 990 YPC 3.8 TD 6

Receiving Stats
catches 18 yards 156 YPC 8.7 TD 0

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-07-2007, 03:07 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well some people will say that betts had an amazing line to run behind that anyone could havc had atleast equal or better stats:D

lets get Ghettosermon in here to shed some light
niel89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:27 AM    (permalink
bennybee38
Rookie

bennybee38 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

it doesn't really matter to me who we get. as long as its someone who can actually run the ball ill be happy
bennybee38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:39 AM    (permalink
RaVeNFaNaCtIc
Rookie

RaVeNFaNaCtIc hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

last time i brought this up Ghetto didn't like the idea

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
#1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
I used to be MaddenPlayer52
RaVeNFaNaCtIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:32 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaVeNFaNaCtIc View Post
last time i brought this up Ghetto didn't like the idea
thats because hes also a redskins fan LOL

i reallly like betts, so i would like to have him... he can also catch the ball

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:59 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
thats because hes also a redskins fan LOL

i reallly like betts, so i would like to have him... he can also catch the ball
He would be nice on the Ravens, he's pretty much another receiver out of the backfield. He also hits the hole really hard, something Lewis couldn't do which killed your running game...

We are shopping him, but the better question is what would you be willing to give up?

For the record: We are also shopping Springs somewhat, and our biggest needs are at DE,DT,CB,OG in that order.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:38 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id rather have Willis. The bills line was so god awful last year. Thats what I contribute the stats too.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I wouldn't mind Betts, but I'd easily take McGahee over him any day of the week. IMO the Skins have the best oline in the NFL, which is a big reason for Portis' and Bett's success.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I would take either... but because he is a redskin...I am always cautious..Betts has always put up good numbers not sure what his cap number is and would wonder why a quiet guy that puts up numbers is being shopped ?? To me that screams skeletons in the closet...at least we know the problem with McGhee is that Buffalo doesnt think they will be able to resign him next year...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok here's the scoop I would trade Ladell for Drew Bledsoe no joke, Ladell is my least favorite player in the NFL. If he weren't sitting on Al Saunders balls maybe the organization would see that he is nothing special. Sure he had so many catches but when Mark Brunell was playing QB 15 of his 20 passes were all drop off's to Betts so his numbers are not as they seem. Also his numbers are all based on the fact that in the 2nd half of the season the Redskins had the best offensive line in the NFL. If you watched a Redskin game you would see that every play Betts would go a minimum 5 yards before ever being touched, Jamal Lewis coulda rushed for 2,000 with the line. Bett's is slow, thinks he's a power back but goes down easy because of his highish running style and runs with poor leverage, and he cost us many ballgames when coughing up the football at ends of games when we had them wrapped up. So be careful what you wish for, I would only hope if he were moved it weren't to the Ravens because I don't want to see the Ravens suffer. Opinons on Ladell vary as if you ask Al Saunders as he said Betts is a better back than Portis, but if you want a true opinion this is it. Ladell Betts sucks.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I know you are all in love with Willis McGahee so here is a stat comparison, now I realize Buffalos line is not as good as Washingtons but Willis's numbers are through 14 starts, Ladell's are with 9 starts:

Ladell Betts

Rushing Stats
carries 245 yards 1154 YPC 4.7 TD 4

Receiving Stats
catches 53 yards 445 YPC 8.4 TD 1

Willis McGahee

Rushing Stats
carries 259 yards 990 YPC 3.8 TD 6

Receiving Stats
catches 18 yards 156 YPC 8.7 TD 0
I like McGahee and Betts... The numbers don't lie. Betts is my pick, but McGahee will be easier to obtain. With Ed gone, though... I just hope we don't sign Travis Henry.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ravens94 View Post
I like McGahee and Betts... The numbers don't lie. Betts is my pick, but McGahee will be easier to obtain. With Ed gone, though... I just hope we don't sign Travis Henry.

Henry is a Bronco buddy signed 2 days ago.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-07-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Henry is a Bronco buddy signed 2 days ago.
Shoot, I forgot. I have been all over the place with signings.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ravens94 View Post
where were you? henry is a bronco

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=2995

edit damn beaten to the punch
Old 03-07-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Ok here's the scoop I would trade Ladell for Drew Bledsoe no joke, Ladell is my least favorite player in the NFL. If he weren't sitting on Al Saunders balls maybe the organization would see that he is nothing special. Sure he had so many catches but when Mark Brunell was playing QB 15 of his 20 passes were all drop off's to Betts so his numbers are not as they seem. Also his numbers are all based on the fact that in the 2nd half of the season the Redskins had the best offensive line in the NFL. If you watched a Redskin game you would see that every play Betts would go a minimum 5 yards before ever being touched, Jamal Lewis coulda rushed for 2,000 with the line. Bett's is slow, thinks he's a power back but goes down easy because of his highish running style and runs with poor leverage, and he cost us many ballgames when coughing up the football at ends of games when we had them wrapped up. So be careful what you wish for, I would only hope if he were moved it weren't to the Ravens because I don't want to see the Ravens suffer. Opinons on Ladell vary as if you ask Al Saunders as he said Betts is a better back than Portis, but if you want a true opinion this is it. Ladell Betts sucks.
well there you go. i remember some skins fans being pissed about all the dump off passes.