Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-12-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

ravensfan3jt smells like sex panther.
Default Brady Quinn to Vikings?

I think vikings should trade for him, im not a fan of the vikings i like the ravens, but he would be perfect, you guys have a great running game, great line, and pretty good receivers and he should do well.

What do you guys think?
Old 04-12-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would be a good fit for us but Childress is satisfied with our current QB's and I don't expect the vikings to trade for him. Who knows though...

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give Rosencoptor a chance!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id love it if the price wasnt to high. But it will never happen with Childress here. T-Jack will be starting for us at the beginning of the season. And again we will be a .500 team. And hope to god Childress gets fired after this season.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God I hope we do this trade, but like everyone else says it is unlikely to happen, and I'm not going to get too excited until I see it happen.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the record for most QB's traded for in the first month and a half of an offseason?
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Bears fan, I kinda hope you guys make this trade as well (as well as the Lions drafting Stafford). I just think the potential awesomeness of having all of Cutler, Rodgers, Quinn, and Stafford all playing in the same division for the next 10 years would make this conference just sooooo much more competitive and really one of the most exciting conferences to watch year in and year out. Plus, think about how all the QB's would compete to be the top in the division.

Also, I think there's a legit possibility you guys make such a trade:

1.) There could be/is added pressure on the Vikings now that the Bears got Cutler.
2.) Neither Rosenfels or Jackson has been given the starting job, and Rosenfels (and Jackson for that matter) best fits the role of back up.
3.) The Vikings showed last year they are not afraid to make the big trade and get the player they want.
4.) Childress said he'd like to have bring in another QB for camp!!!! (longshot he was talking about someone like Quinn though)
5.) Quinn fits what they like to do on offense, and a potential franchise QB might be too much to pass up.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
As a Bears fan, I kinda hope you guys make this trade as well (as well as the Lions drafting Stafford). I just think the potential awesomeness of having all of Cutler, Rodgers, Quinn, and Stafford all playing in the same division for the next 10 years would make this conference just sooooo much more competitive and really one of the most exciting conferences to watch year in and year out. Plus, think about how all the QB's would compete to be the top in the division.

Also, I think there's a legit possibility you guys make such a trade:

1.) There could be/is added pressure on the Vikings now that the Bears got Cutler.
2.) Neither Rosenfels or Jackson has been given the starting job, and Rosenfels (and Jackson for that matter) best fits the role of back up.
3.) The Vikings showed last year they are not afraid to make the big trade and get the player they want.
4.) Childress said he'd like to have bring in another QB for camp!!!! (longshot he was talking about someone like Quinn though)
5.) Quinn fits what they like to do on offense, and a potential franchise QB might be too much to pass up.
I hope that you're right. The NFC North would in 1 year go from having the worst group of QBs to having one of if not the best.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing to remember guys. We tried to trade for Brady Quinn last year. This is a huge component because it means that Childress likes Quinn. Now with the Cutler on the Bears it may make him a little more antsy. Time will tell. And as for the compensation. I'd gladly give up a first. The WR's we have and Quinn would be much better than Nicks,Harvin, Britt ect and Sage/TJack. Like I said earlier we could still go OT in round 2.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is probably the best spot for Quinn, he'd get to play in a dome, he has a great running game to assist him, and from what Lombardi says there are 2 teams heavily interested, it would seemingly make too much sense for one team not to be the Vikes.

Sage can still be a back-up, it's not like Quinn didn't get injured pretty quickly last year anyway, hopefully they are willing to take that risk I think it would be a smart one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A vikings fan can only hope that we get a franchise qb. We have been struggling at the position for years. Ever since Cunningham was qb. I'd love to see quinn come in and take the spot and one day maybe lead us to a superbowl. The vikings are a "win now" team. And they could do it if they had the right guy. Sage isn't the answer...

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

I've never been a Quinn fan but I do feel he could succeed in our system. The WCO seems to fit his style pretty well. My only concern is, does he really warrant a 1st round pick? He was a late 1st coming out of Notre Dame and he has done next to nothing at the NFL level. I'd be a little wary at paying such a high price for him. He'd likely be an upgrade but I'm not sure if he is enough of one to give away a 1st. Plus, I'm always a little skeptical of QB's who get the Brad Childress stamp of approval.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Quinn waiting game continues. Get it done!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
A vikings fan can only hope that we get a franchise qb. We have been struggling at the position for years. Ever since Cunningham was qb.
What about Daunte?
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
What about Daunte?
Daunte was awful post Randy. He played like 6 games or something, turned it over a million times and then blew out his knee. I think that Moss made Cpep look a lot better than he actually was.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
Daunte was awful post Randy. He played like 6 games or something, turned it over a million times and then blew out his knee. I think that Moss made Cpep look a lot better than he actually was.
Quinn would be a good fit for our offense. Like I said, a Vikings fan can only hope that something like this would happen. Daunte was a moron who could only throw the ball deep to Moss. That was when we had a gunslinger offense because we could stretch the field with Moss. I would take Moss and Culpepper back at the same time though...

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Regardless of what you think, he was at one point in time considered the franchise QB.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Regardless of what you think, he was at one point in time considered the franchise QB.
Yea he was considered a franchise QB, but so was Joey Harrington in Detroit. Whether or not he was talented enough to be the long term answer in Minnesota is a different story. I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying that Daunte obviously wouldn't have this team in a better spot than it is now. A guy like Cutler or Quinn on the other hand is, in my mind, a franchise QB.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea he was considered a franchise QB, but so was Joey Harrington in Detroit. Whether or not he was talented enough to be the long term answer in Minnesota is a different story. I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying that Daunte obviously wouldn't have this team in a better spot than it is now. A guy like Cutler or Quinn on the other hand is, in my mind, a franchise QB.
WHOAAAAAAA NOW!... As bad as Culpepper that one season played right before the knee injury(and since). There is no way his name should be even brought up in the same sentence as Joey Harrington. Did moss make Culpepper good? Yes but it really doesn't matter because regardless of the situation, Culpepper put up some very good numbers for us for a few years and was one of the best in the league.

As for Quinn I can only hope they pull the trigger on this and bring in a guy who can be a quality starting QB for the Vikings over the next 7-10 years. As stated before a division with Jay Cutler, Aaron Rodgers, Brady Quinn and Matt Stafford would be very exciting to watch.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:30 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Ignore the scheduale. Watch the video below it. I'm pretty sure that just sealed the deal on the Vikes going after Quinn. It may be an old video. But I don't know. It doesn't sound too promising.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

The Quinn thing really doesn't seem promising but I don't think it matters at this point. There is so much misinformation this time of year that I'm going to quit reading rumors and just wait until draft day. I think if Cleveland deals Quinn we have as a good a chance as any other team to land him. He would be perfect in the Childress offense and honestly might even save Brad's job.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
The Quinn thing really doesn't seem promising but I don't think it matters at this point. There is so much misinformation this time of year that I'm going to quit reading rumors and just wait until draft day. I think if Cleveland deals Quinn we have as a good a chance as any other team to land him. He would be perfect in the Childress offense and honestly might even save Brad's job.
Exactly my thoughts, it makes too much sense, and that bolded part is the only reason I wouldn't want to get it done lol.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:

Last edited by marshallb : 04-15-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:29 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Exactly my thoughts, it makes too much sense, and that bolded part is the only reason I wouldn't want to get it done lol.
LOL. I agree with you there. I think I'd like Chilly a little more though if he brought in Quinn. Time will tell....