Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-13-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
staubach41
Rookie

staubach41 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default What to do in the draft?

What would you like to see the Bengals do in the draft? With the recent signing of Tank Johnson, Raji is not as necessary as he might have been. So now stands the question, move up for a left tackle, stay and take the best available player or trade back to pick up extra picks?
staubach41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to see a trade to get more picks. Either trade six away to get more or Ocho. One of the two. (maybe both)

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ideally...

At 6: Monroe or Jason Smith if available

Trade back to early-mid teens, take either Andre Smith or Oher.

Most importantly, we MUST get one of the solid Centers. It's huge for next season.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Why the Bengals
Rookie

Why the Bengals hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If they bengals stayed and picked up Andre Smith and than in the second rd got mack, unger, wood I would finally believe the Gods are with us.
But with that it probably will work out that way Smith will be arrested 2 days after the draft and our new center will get injured in the pre-season. We never get lucky..... Please let 09 be the begining of the times of chance for the Bengals
Why the Bengals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Most importantly, we MUST get one of the solid Centers. It's huge for next season.
This is indeed a must for the draft. If we don't go after any of top three Cs, we might as well consider this draft a fail. I would rank C as high of a need as OT. It's that important IMO.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely need the Center more than anything. At 6 I could see a variety of different selections and I think Andre Smith is probably the best for us even with his 'troubles'. We are set at LT(with AC) in my mind and we could pick Smith and make him our starting RT for years. If they aren't confident in Smith then I would like to see Everette Brown or Brian Orakpo be the pick. If we get lucky and one of the tackles or Aaron Curry falls then we should def take one of them though.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we get Andre Smith i will say Hey there goes 20 million dollars down the toilet and then we will again be made fun of for drafting a huge bust would rather have us reach for Oher at #6 then take Andre Smith.
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:56 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Realistically, considering our track record of not being that active in trading picks on draft day, we will be at #6. While I appreciate everyone's concerns about Andre Smith, this will be our pick unless someone else falls into our lap. The only one outside a OT that I would consider at #6 is Orakpo/Curry and both of these studs should be gone by our pick. No on Crabtree. If I was in Vegas, set the odds around 80% on OT for our 1st pick.

I think we have a consensus that C is a must at #2. Thats 100%!

I really see our club getting much better with the right picks + a healthy Palmer.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:49 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At first, I was hesitant toward taking A. Smith, but now that I've seen more tape on him, I would love to have him here. Yes, there are some maturity/character issues, but nothing terrifying. The fact is that he absolutely destroys people, especially in the run. He would be a huge addition to our extremely thin OL and could be most likely play anywhere but C. I'm all for taking him at 6.

And while taking Crabtree would instantly make our WR corp one of the, if not the, best in the league, it won't matter because we will still have no line to protect Carson.

As if it hasn't already been said enough, C is just as important as OT in my book. It is an absolute must.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:11 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
If we get Andre Smith i will say Hey there goes 20 million dollars down the toilet and then we will again be made fun of for drafting a huge bust would rather have us reach for Oher at #6 then take Andre Smith.
Your acting as though Oher isn't a risk at all? I'd say he has some pretty similar question marks as well.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 04-14-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Your acting as though Oher isn't a risk at all? I'd say he has some pretty similar question marks as well.
I would say that Oher is possibly more of a risk. While it makes for a great story, his learning disability has to be a big flag for some teams. We need a guy who can step in and play, he might be a guy who needs more time to digest playbooks.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-14-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually i would rather have us take Crabtree Moreno Wells Orkapo Maybin Brown over Smith or Oher dont really like either Oher or Smith but if we had to take one i would go with Oher just because i dont want to get another J Johnson someone one that cant stay in shape and is not committed to football
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Actually i would rather have us take Crabtree Moreno Wells Orkapo Maybin Brown over Smith or Oher dont really like either Oher or Smith but if we had to take one i would go with Oher just because i dont want to get another J Johnson someone one that cant stay in shape and is not committed to football
Saying that Smith isn't committed to football is a ridiculous statement. Personally, I think things got blown way out of proportion with his shenanigans this off-season and people are reading too much into them.

As an aside, I have no idea where your sentences begin/end.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Saying that Smith isn't committed to football is a ridiculous statement. Personally, I think things got blown way out of proportion with his shenanigans this off-season and people are reading too much into them.

As an aside, I have no idea where your sentences begin/end.
I have no idea why he listed 5 guys we better not touch at 6. Crabtree, Wells, Moreno, Maybin and Brown

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-14-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
I have no idea why he listed 5 guys we better not touch at 6. Crabtree, Wells, Moreno, Maybin and Brown
No one out of those 5, except Crabtree, warrants being picked at 6. And if we take Crabtree, I'll kill myself.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Tell you what, Im not sure about your religious beliefs but mine say I cant kill myself and still get to the promised land. So how about we help eachother out if we draft Crabtree lol

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-14-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

We have a weak defensive line?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 04-14-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would love to spend the weekend in the Bengal's room to hear all what goes on during draft day.

Because of all the red flags associated with Andre, you can bet they are doing a complete job with their due diligence on him. We know from the reporting that they have a spent a lot of time with him so as i said before, my bet is on the big Bama boy at #6.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Igniter View Post
I would love to spend the weekend in the Bengal's room to hear all what goes on during draft day.

Because of all the red flags associated with Andre, you can bet they are doing a complete job with their due diligence on him. We know from the reporting that they have a spent a lot of time with him so as i said before, my bet is on the big Bama boy at #6.
Which I think his red flags can be worked around if you put him around quality guys (Whitworth and Williams need to mentor this kid.)

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-15-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Which I think his red flags can be worked around if you put him around quality guys (Whitworth and Williams need to mentor this kid.)
His red flags really aren't anything to be worried about IMO. If we surround with upstanding guys like you mentioned, it will quickly evolve into a non-issue. As of right now, I'm hoping he's our pick simply because of what he can do in the run game. He may not be the "answer" at LT, but put him on the right side with Collins on the left, and we ought to be set for a long while.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

People who say you dont draft a RT in the first forget about Willie. We need to get our run game back and Andre is nothing but a run blocking force. Give me him and Williams on the right side and then Power Dive between RG and RT 5 yards.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-15-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word how the Connor Barwin workout went yesterday? He's probably somewhere between the Bengals 1st 2 picks so he might be out of reach but he'd play real well in Ohio.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I havent heard much about it. Personally, if we get back into the 1st and get Mack or get another 2nd and get Wood, I would love to take Barwin at 38.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-15-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I havent heard much about it. Personally, if we get back into the 1st and get Mack or get another 2nd and get Wood, I would love to take Barwin at 38.

Personally i think the centers will be there at 38 but that's a differant subject. Barwin would probably project better to a 3-4 OLB but i can see where he could play DE, he's at 255 now and could easily add some lbs. You guys do play a 4-3 right?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Personally i think the centers will be there at 38 but that's a differant subject. Barwin would probably project better to a 3-4 OLB but i can see where he could play DE, he's at 255 now and could easily add some lbs. You guys do play a 4-3 right?
We are indeed a 4-3 defense, with some 3-4 packages in place if I'm not mistaken. Barwin would be a great piece to add to the table, but only if we can get an extra pick by way of a trade. IMO, C is more important than going after Barwin.