Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Ideally...

At 6: Monroe or Jason Smith if available

Trade back to early-mid teens, take either Andre Smith or Oher.

Most importantly, we MUST get one of the solid Centers. It's huge for next season.
I'm with you but I honestly think our thoughts of a Center in the first 4 rounds of this draft are a pipedream. I think they are satisfied with mediocrity at the Center position and we'll have that with Santucci or Cook. I hope I'm wrong. Although I want an OT with the first pick at 6, if Monroe and Smith are gones, I'd like to see a selection of Maclin and the trade of Chad which results in Oher later in Rd 1.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its hilarious now that Scott put Ellerbe in the third comp for Bengals that everyone is putting him in the third comp for the Bengals. Personally I want Mike Mickens at the Third comp spot. Though Ellerbe would be nice as well.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Bills looking to trade Jason Peters give them 6th pick for him He is a proven Tackle Move him to LT and Put Collins at RT then Trade Chad for a 1st round or 2nd round pick and i will drive him to the airport for them i will even buy the plane ticket to get him out of here.
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
With Bills looking to trade Jason Peters give them 6th pick for him He is a proven Tackle Move him to LT and Put Collins at RT then Trade Chad for a 1st round or 2nd round pick and i will drive him to the airport for them i will even buy the plane ticket to get him out of here.
I would rather have A smith than Peters. Peters isnt proven...he had a down year and I honestly think his one good year was just a fluke. Plus I think he would be trouble anyway.

Chad will get moved on Draft day if he even gets moved. Best bet is the top of the 1st round or Bottom of the second....thinking between Iggles, Giants and Raiders.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So let me get this straight, you want to get Jason Peters who gave up plenty of sacks last year for our number 6 pick?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I could live with Scott's mock draft. However, would prefer a RB at the 70th pick verses the CB that he has, one can argue both ways on which is the bigger need, i just think the insurance policy need in the backfield is more pressing. If McCoy is still on the board, i would pull the trigger on him very quickly. I'm no expert but think we will go after the BPA at this pick to fill either pass rusher, RB or CB slot. My wish would be RB if McCoy or Kruger/Sidbury at DE or Wright's CB Washington selection if any of them are there. Does this make sense? I think this is a pretty important pick for us.

I like Ellerbe but if I had a chance would go with Brinkley at that spot - and he might be available at our 98th pick. We need a bad ass to stack up to the rushers in our division and believe me Brinkley fits this description.

lastly - I am really going to miss Madden. Simply the best.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the Ellerbe pick and I am surprised he is being considered that early from what I have been hearing. Not that I don't think he is deserving, but it just seemed like he was being overlooked. Ellerbe or Brinkley would be great adds IMO.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had my choice, I would want Brinkley and Asher Allen. (For ILB and CB). But I wouldnt be upset with Ellerbe

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
If I had my choice, I would want Brinkley and Asher Allen. (For ILB and CB). But I wouldnt be upset with Ellerbe
I have always been on the Beckwith train myself. He has been flying around the charts though, going up and down. Sometimes he is valued in the late 1st to late 2nd area and others he seeps in the 4th. Same has been Going on with brinkly and Ellerbe. Though not to the extent of Late First. They have been flirting with early third to even down to 5th and 6th rounds in some mock drafts. Its really interesting.