Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-14-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.
Default My Mock Draft

1. Jason Smith LT Lions I think the Lions are 2 years away from contending for anything. They should take a page from the mastermind Bill Parcells and secure their line.
2. Michael Crabtree WR Rams Hes the best player in the draft and they no longer have Holt. Eugene Monroe is also a very likely possibility. But with the number 2 pick do you want the best player or the second best player at his position?
3. Eugene Monroe OT Cheifs the chiefs need to return to dominant OL this pick makes alot of sense as they try to get some value of their over paid Running Back Larry Johnson
4. Matt Stafford QB .Eventual replacement to Hasselbeck needs a couple years. Reminds me a bit of Phillip Rivers i think they may get simular results.
5. Aaron Curry LB Clevland A return to the dawg pound seems like a solid pick.
6. Knowshon Moreno RB Cincinatti They cant believe that Benson is the answer there is alot of depth at center. Easy to address later rounds.
7. Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri Speed Over Rated any more questions?
8. Mark Sanchez QB Jacksonville Best player available with a team that has few holes and Maclin still seems like a gamble i dont seethem taking a chance
9. BJ Raji DT Greenbay Best Player Feels need Great fit.
10. Brian Orakapu DE Reminds you a little of former teammate of Samuri Mike Richard Dent
11. Aaron Maybin DE Bills seems like a good fit.
12. Robery Ayers DE Broncos the little patriots know that you try to build your D Richard seymour type player
13. Everette Brown DE Redskins He has speed comes from florida and is over rated sounds like a perfect Danial Snyder pick doesnt?
14. Beanie Wells RB Saints Duece part Duece not my favorite runningback in this class but he seems to be higher rated then id want him. If it were my pick Id take Donald Brown after I traded down.
15. Peria Jerry DT Texans They are very quietly building a team down there in texas and they may be the true contenders in the Lone star State.
16. Andre Smith OT Chargers remember when they got a dropping OT a few years ago and he became a star. simular situation simular results. Marcus McNeil
17. Brandon Pettigrew TE Jets He has better hands then all the wide outs not named Nicks who grades out lower. This may be a homer pick becauseI hope Nicks Sqeeks by this pick.
18. Rey Mauluga Lb Broncos Yes its true Cutler is at chicago and this pick should of been OT for the bears. But now Denver will rebuild defense and gain a strangle hold on the weakest division in football
19. Clay Mathews OLB Tampa they need a big splash after getting rid of brooks they better hope he is as good as advertised. those are huge shoes to fill.
20. Tyson Jackson DE Lions this is why it makes more sense to take OL first pick they get a stud defense player along with maybe Laurinitis in the second rund and suddenly one side of the ball looks formitable
21. Michael Oher OT Eagles As all of us viking fans cringe and cross our fingers that somehow the next pick is traded to the browns. The eagles steal our only other true option.
22. HAKEEM NICKS WR VIKINGS unless Childress bumps his head in the shower on the way to the war room i doubt he trades for Quinn it makes too much sense. But I think Nicks is the second best wide out in the entire draft and he reminds me alot ofa wide out we all loved who used to pray in the end zone. So lets have a candle light prayer in the end zone in honor of the greatest wide out to don the purple.
23. Brian Cushings OLB Patriots when ever a player drops way later then they should the pats always seem to be there to scoop them up I could also see malcolm jenkins here.
24. Malcolm Jenkins Cb Falcons this team is a few D players away from being Legit.
25. Darrius Heyward Bey WR Dolphins Alot of people have him higher I dont see the production they see I think this is a potential of production pick
26. Percy Harvin WR Ravens Bad Boy from florida where else would he land?
27. Donald Brown RB Colts Addai doesnt stay healthy the colts are a truely great team that can afford to take te best player and this is an example of it.
28. Larry English LB Eagles Andy Reid gets another solid Defensive player some might think he takes a safty here maybe they do. But English is hard nosed Phili style football player
29. Kenny Britt wr Giants Tall athletic under achiever who believes hes the best in the league SOunds like a guy they just got rid of.
30. Vontae Davis CB Titans The titans fill a need with a super athletic player much like the last two years.
31. Leshonn McCoy RB Cardinals if somehow DOnald Brown falls to this point the cardinals will take him. and should if not they get the last true first round talent at a position they desperately need if they had a runningback Kurt wins his second Super Bowl.
32. Ebon Britton OL they lost two tackles they have an under rated ot fallto them what else is new when it comes to pittsburgh.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

I will add second round tomorrow If you like the draft please add to my rep the bears fans are killing me lol I dont care what they say No 25 year old qb not named Peyton manning is worth 3 draft picks when yur last qb got sacked 28 times. your defense looks like swiss cheese and your best wide out is a number 3
Old 04-16-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be upset if they took Hakeem Nicks. But I would be very disapointed if they passed on Malcolm Jenkins for him.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I completely agree. Although I don't think that Jenkins has a chance to be there.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

Thirded. I like Nicks but Jenkins would be a great value there and should be able to succeed in the Cover 2. I'd be upset if we passed on him there.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

I have us taking a corner in the third the Cover 2 doesnt require us having Great corners there are some guys I realy like in the later rounds. Tampa and the colts didnt build there defenses taking corners in the first round. I am not a fan of taking corners or receivers in the first round. But I think Hakeem Nicks is a player who could be a total steal
Old 04-16-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While it may be true you don't need to have great CB's with cover 2 defense that doesn't mean they can't, won't or shouldn't. A late first round pick on a CB for a cover 2 team is very acceptable. Especially with there being no real glaring needs outside of RT, Colts did it with Marlin Jackson, Tampa did it last year with Aqib Talib. Malcolm Jenkins is easily the best player on the board there and he is a great fit for the Cover 2. I just don't see how they can pass on the best DB in draft who fits perfectly in the system for the 4th or 5th best WR it just wouldn't make sense.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

I guess I dont buy into Nicks is the 4th or 5th best wide out I feel like hes the second best. I also am not that high on jenkins. I feel he has marginal speed. I think we can get the same kind of player later in the draft. I understand the theory of making your strengths even stronger i totally get that. But I also feel if you have a chance at a starting rt which would allow cook to either move to his original position center or maybe guard the vikings solidfy their line. I think there are a couple right tackles in the second round. I really like. So for me the pick is Nicks first then a rt second then a corner third. Cover 2 corners arent that hard to get.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't pass on Jenkins for Nicks, who will likely be at best a late, late 1st. It's looking as though he may have a good chance at falling into round 2. Jenkins is a top 10 talent imo and will not be available at 22, but if he is, we'd have to take him. He's a perfect fit in the cover 2.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Hakeem Nicks is much closer to being considered the 4th or 5th best WR prospect than the 2nd best. I understand and I know that Cover 2 CB's don't neeed premium picks. But the Vikings are in a position where they can spend a high pick and get a awesome cover 2 CB. At the same note that you don't need premium picks on cover 2 CB's you don't need premium picks on RT's neither. Somone like Gerald Cadogan or even Troy Kropog would be a good RT that can be had in the 3rd. The Vikings have needs at RT,CB, and WR. There are guys from each position that will be available in each of the first 3 rounds that will be able to help the Vikings. They should have to be confined to any certain position in a certain round.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 04-16-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hakim Nicks ran a 4.63 40. I am not huge on 40 times but that is alarmingly slow for a guy that's not that big in my opinion. When I watch his highlights I never see him create seperation on his own. It always looks like he is either playing against horrible CB's or horrible schemes or both. Watch the highlights of his bowl game and tell me any of that stuff works against an NFL D.
BGB is offline   Reply With Quote