Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 04-14-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2009 Schedule

Week 1 - Bears - Sunday Night
Week 2 - Bengals
Week 3 - @Rams
Week 4 - @Vikings - Monday Night
Week 5 - BYE
Week 6 - Lions
Week 7 - @Browns
Week 8 - Vikings
Week 9 -@Buccaneers
Week 10 - Cowboys
Week 11 - 49ers
Week 12 - @Lions - Thanksgiving
Week 13 - Ravens - Monday Night
Week 14 - @Bears
Week 15 - @Steelers
Week 16 - Seahawks
Week 17 - @Cardinals
Old 04-14-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

• Pretty easy start to the season (1-7)
  • Early Bye sucks
  • However there is a 12 day break between week 12 and 13
  • Brutal 4th quarter of the season with 3/4 on the road including both Super Bowl teams
Old 04-14-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know there's a long way to go before the season but I see about a .500 year coming out of this squad.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As always I think we just have to do well in our division. This year we need a fast start though because we have to expect losing some games later in the year, and get a big enough lead going into it that we can still take the crown.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

I think that overall we have a pretty easy schedule this season.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good news: Packers likely get the Viks without the Williams ( if that's "good news", I'd prefer them healthy)
Bad news: vikings play **** teams the games the Williams will likely be suspended, A monday night game gets wasted at that piece of **** Dome, and Tough ending.

The Packers better beat the damn Cowboys at lambeau this time.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

respect, schedualism, looks like a decent sched. at least we get the bears at home to start the season, the draft hasn't even started yet and i am already pumped for that game

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm curious. Do any Northern, Cold-Weather, Non-Domed teams have a favorable home ratio in the month of december? Because I'm willing to guess they do not.

Am perfectly willing to be schooled should my guess be (predictably) wrong.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
I'm curious. Do any Northern, Cold-Weather, Non-Domed teams have a favorable home ratio in the month of december? Because I'm willing to guess they do not.

Am perfectly willing to be schooled should my guess be (predictably) wrong.
We'll get plenty of cold weather during the month of December. We will play in Green Bay, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay again. Short of 4 games at Lambeau you can't really get colder than that. We then close out the season on January 3rd in Arizona, but December will be chilly.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:00 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, I'm not so sure it matters. I don't think the cold is that much of an advantage for this particular team, namely the offense.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 games against a playoff team in the 1st 12 weeks...The Vikings twice. Green Bay needs to start fast.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
jenningsfan85
Rookie

jenningsfan85 needs more cowbell.

Im very excited to see the packers bounce back from an injury and bad defeat riddled season and show this team is much closer than 13-3 than 6-10, also then all the ignorant tt haters will go away again, I rarely see those fools raise any real points , only childish name calling just further proving to us real packers fans they know nothing

Anyways my prediction is 11-5, if figure they split with the bears and vikes, I think we could go 3-1 or 4-0 but I'm trying to be reasonable. Also figure we'll lose to Dallas Baltimore and Pitt . Maybe we win one or two of them but then maybe drop a game or two to maybe ari or Seattle or something. So 11-5 maybe better, win the north at least wildcard.

Draft, take raji or brown or trade back and take maybin or Tyson Jackson , 2nd round take ron brace if we take olb in 1st or ot Beatty , then with our 2 3rds take ot if not in 1/2 and take another olb 2 build depth

Rodgers and Jennings will finally get national expossure for being one of if not the best young wr/qb combos I'm the league and be named to the probowl
jenningsfan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Week 1 - Bears - Sunday Night - Win
Week 2 - Bengals - Win
Week 3 - @Rams - Win
Week 4 - @Vikings - Monday Night - Loss
Week 5 - BYE
Week 6 - Lions - Win
Week 7 - @Browns - Win
Week 8 - Vikings - Win
Week 9 -@Buccaneers - Loss
Week 10 - Cowboys - Win
Week 11 - 49ers - Win
Week 12 - @Lions - Thanksgiving - Win
Week 13 - Ravens - Monday Night - Loss
Week 14 - @Bears - Loss
Week 15 - @Steelers - Loss
Week 16 - Seahawks - Win
Week 17 - @Cardinals - Win

11-5, I picked us upsetting Dallas and the rest I feel pretty confident with.

Green Bay, Minnesota, and Chicago all seem very close to even right now (and they are likely to get closer after the draft because of the picks they have). Detroit's gotta win some games. No one wants it to be their team but you can't assume they are going 0-16 again.

I think the 3-4 defense will help us a lot this year. Don't know why, just a gut feeling, I think things are going to come together nicely and it will be consistent all season long.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 04-15-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the biggest thing for us will be the divisional games. If Minnesota and Chicago get improved QB play then they could/should be playoff teams, we need to come off better in the head to heads. The rest of the schedule looks pretty good, especially the beginning.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad the Packers are coming out west. I'll be at the two games in Phoenix, though one is pre-season.

10-6 looks attainable if the defense gets better at all and the RT spot gets handled. Could be even better, but this is still a young team transitioning to a new defensive system, so we'll see.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish the Packers would play a regular season game remotely close to NJ. Philly, NY, Baltimore... Hell, I might have to take Pittsburgh.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I wish the Packers would play a regular season game remotely close to NJ. Philly, NY, Baltimore... Hell, I might have to take Pittsburgh.
I wish they would come to London.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the last month of that schedule looks pretty grueling, if we go 2-2 through the last month = playoffs. the rest looks pretty easy. I mean road games vs, St. Louis, Cleveland, and Tampa Bay. Then ARI and PITT on the road in the last month. Seems like the last month is goign to be tough.

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Week 1 - Bears - Sunday Night - Win
Week 2 - Bengals - Win
Week 3 - @Rams - Win
Week 4 - @Vikings - Monday Night - Loss
Week 5 - BYE
Week 6 - Lions - Win
Week 7 - @Browns - Win
Week 8 - Vikings - Win
Week 9 -@Buccaneers - Loss
Week 10 - Cowboys - Win
Week 11 - 49ers - Win
Week 12 - @Lions - Thanksgiving - Win
Week 13 - Ravens - Monday Night - Loss
Week 14 - @Bears - Loss
Week 15 - @Steelers - Loss
Week 16 - Seahawks - Win
Week 17 - @Cardinals - Win

11-5, I picked us upsetting Dallas and the rest I feel pretty confident with.

Green Bay, Minnesota, and Chicago all seem very close to even right now (and they are likely to get closer after the draft because of the picks they have). Detroit's gotta win some games. No one wants it to be their team but you can't assume they are going 0-16 again.

I think the 3-4 defense will help us a lot this year. Don't know why, just a gut feeling, I think things are going to come together nicely and it will be consistent all season long.
Nice predictions! But I'm solely going to blame you from now on for our loss to the Bucs ;)
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Thanks, my prediction record was 11-4, pretty good. If we beat Arizona next week I'll be 12-4 and hit the overall record correct on the button.

Thanks to BK for the sig