Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 08-31-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Yea I wouldn't be too worried about Colt not making the cut. There's such a small sample size of preseason outings to go off of, and even then they only play for a quarter or two max.

Colt's body of work includes last year's stellar preseason and this year's (I thought he was good last game except for 1 throw and his bad sack).

Chase's includes all of like 2 preseason quarters. Not too much there to get a good read.

I think Colt is safe barring a disaster from him in this next game and a Sonny Jurgensen-esque outing from Chase.

Once again, all of this could have been avoided if we would just cut Collins instead.
Cutting Collins would be an awful move. This team is talented enough to make the playoffs and if I remember Collins was the one to lead us there when Campbell went down in 2007-2008. Carrying a 6th round draft pick who has never played a snap in a real game and a udfa rookie as our only backup? You are crazy.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, Collins is freaking worthless man. You really think Collins would give us a SIGNIFICANT advantage in a game over Brennan? Who cares about Collins, he's going to be out of the league in a year or two anyways. Yes the "veteran" Collins has so much experience with his 21 CAREER started games (only 4 AFTER the age of 30) and his 22 CAREER TD passes. Wow, you're right that is some awesome experience right there.

The Ravens have Troy Smith as the backup...you think he is that much better than Colt, if at all? Its all about upside.

So you can either have a year of Collins holding the clipboard or a potentially great career of Brennan/Daniel. Umm...give me that upside and many more potential years any day, you can have Todd freaking Collins.

You are talking about the Collins of 2 years ago...he's even older now (37) and he was only performing that well because he spent like 10 years or some crap in Saunder's offense. He can't throw the ball 10 yards man.

I've already discussed this before but really its all a moot point because its not going to happen so I'm pretty much done talking about it.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol, Collins is freaking worthless man. You really think Collins would give us a SIGNIFICANT advantage in a game over Brennan? Who cares about Collins, he's going to be out of the league in a year or two anyways. Yes the "veteran" Collins has so much experience with his 21 CAREER started games (only 4 AFTER the age of 30) and his 22 CAREER TD passes. Wow, you're right that is some awesome experience right there.

The Ravens have Troy Smith as the backup...you think he is that much better than Colt, if at all? Its all about upside.

So you can either have a year of Collins holding the clipboard or a potentially great career of Brennan/Daniel. Umm...give me that upside and many more potential years any day, you can have Todd freaking Collins.

You are talking about the Collins of 2 years ago...he's even older now (37) and he was only performing that well because he spent like 10 years or some crap in Saunder's offense. He can't throw the ball 10 yards man.

I've already discussed this before but really its all a moot point because its not going to happen so I'm pretty much done talking about it.
To answer this in short, yes I would much rather have Collins than Colt playing in a big game that could send us to the playoffs at this point. Veteran backups remain in the league for a reason. You want to keep Chase because he is having a good preseason? So did Colt last year, look at him now.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess we will agree to disagree then. If we both had the same teams, I would take my team with Colt over your team with Collins every day and twice on Sunday.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
To answer this in short, yes I would much rather have Collins than Colt playing in a big game that could send us to the playoffs at this point. Veteran backups remain in the league for a reason. You want to keep Chase because he is having a good preseason? So did Colt last year, look at him now.
Will we ever see Colt with 1st team OL support/weapons in the Preseason? There wouldn't be a more clearer view of him if they gave him that chance. Then you'd know really what you've got.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess we will agree to disagree then. If we both had the same teams, I would take my team with Colt over your team with Collins every day and twice on Sunday.
Todd did it before so yes I would trust him more. Anyways it's irrelevant comparing him to Colt because no way we cut Todd in favor of Daniels who has no starting potential on the NFL level.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:30 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Will we ever see Colt with 1st team OL support/weapons in the Preseason? There wouldn't be a more clearer view of him if they gave him that chance. Then you'd know really what you've got.
Ill let you know as soon as something comes up but nothing yet. If I had to guess I would say Campbell either doesnt play at all or plays one series only. In which case, Id presume Collins starts or finishes the first quarter. My best guess is Colt plays the second quarter into the third and Chase finishes the third and plays the fourth. Time will tell. I'd personally prefer to see Colt start and play the first half and Chase play the second half but since Todd sat it out last game I figure hell take some snaps this last game.

Even more so, I'm hoping to see guys like Marko and Mason get some first team snaps. I figure Moss and Portis won't play at all and maybe even Randle El. I think Marko has earned some first team snaps.

Who are you guys rooting for in the kickers competition? Personally, I dont like Suisham or Rayner but if I have to chose than I'm pulling for Rayner. But Rayners only full season was as bad as Suishams last year...Looks like either way we will have a crappy kicker. Don't the Bucs have Matt Bryant and Mike Nugent? We should just take whoever they cut.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:49 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I agree D30. Keep an eye on the Bucs cause they're 'trash' is better than ours tenfold.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orakpo's new shirt

cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
Ill let you know as soon as something comes up but nothing yet. If I had to guess I would say Campbell either doesnt play at all or plays one series only. In which case, Id presume Collins starts or finishes the first quarter. My best guess is Colt plays the second quarter into the third and Chase finishes the third and plays the fourth. Time will tell. I'd personally prefer to see Colt start and play the first half and Chase play the second half but since Todd sat it out last game I figure hell take some snaps this last game.

Even more so, I'm hoping to see guys like Marko and Mason get some first team snaps. I figure Moss and Portis won't play at all and maybe even Randle El. I think Marko has earned some first team snaps.

Who are you guys rooting for in the kickers competition? Personally, I dont like Suisham or Rayner but if I have to chose than I'm pulling for Rayner. But Rayners only full season was as bad as Suishams last year...Looks like either way we will have a crappy kicker. Don't the Bucs have Matt Bryant and Mike Nugent? We should just take whoever they cut.
Sounds good.

Hey, I need you to respond to my PM!!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Sounds good.
from redskinsinsider twitter:

"RedskinsInsiderRT @RickMaese #Redskins who won't likely play Thurs: Haynesworth, Rogers, Fletcher, Portis, Collins; not certain about KMoore or Bridges"

I can't imagine that Campbell would play more than a series which means A LOT of colt and chase.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Our kickers make me want to cry...they need to get a solid vet (Bucs apparantly).

If I had to pick one, I would take Rayner even though I've never really seen him kick. I would just pick him for simply not being Suisham. Suisham was the worst kicker in the league last year...How does a kicker keep his job after a year like that?

I think I heard somewhere that he blamed it on the bad holding or bad chemistry with the holder/snapper combo....lol what a bum
Old 09-03-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

3 series now for chase. 1-3 for 5 yards.

-3 and out
-sack and fumble lost turned into Jags TD
-3 and out

Last edited by DiG : 09-03-2009 at 08:40 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

westbrook is getting killed out there. looks like so far tonight already westbrook and aldridge have played themselves off the roster.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
3 series now for chase. 1-3 for 5 yards.

-3 and out
-sack and fumble lost turned into Jags TD
-3 and out
Right now Colt is smelling blood in the water.

Time to shred Colt! Let's DO THIS!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

chase still in the game to start the half.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

chase 2-2 to start the half. 4 yard pass to yoder for a first down and a quick screen pass to mitchell that mitchell took for 8.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

announcers said this is chase last drive. 2-3 so far for 12 yards. just ran for 4 yards. at the 50 yard line now.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

daniel way overthrown to hackett. shoulda been picked off. right between the safeties hands. literally hit both hands.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

d unit you got the game on tv tonight?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

colts got good field position to start. tryon interception. skins ball on jags 20.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

make that the 35 yard line at best. stupid penalties!
Old 09-03-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
d unit you got the game on tv tonight?
Nah, I don't this time. I'm still at work... plus it's not on TV anyways. I don't have Direct TV this year.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

3 yard pass to rock on first down. penalty on 2nd to push it back. pass dropped by wr on 2nd down. off his hands. 3rd and long. pass to rock for 6 yards. fg unit coming on and its good for 3 pts.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
3 yard pass to rock on first down. penalty on 2nd to push it back. pass dropped by wr on 2nd down. off his hands. 3rd and long. pass to rock for 6 yards. fg unit coming on.
Thanks for the update. Game Center on NFL.com is so damn slow.

How far was the pass on 2nd down?

I think Zorn will settle for the FG. Last time Colt took the sack trying to make too much happen and Zorn was pissed.