Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 09-08-2009, 07:55 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
I don't have a problem with 2 QBs and I agree with your reasoning. What I don't get is the love for Colt over Chase Daniel as 3rd stringer by soem Redskin fans. I didn't see the Jax game but of other games I did see, Daniel outperformed him. Brennan just made so many stupid decisions in this preseason I just didn't see any value in keeping him. His injury just gave him a break, IMO as he should have been cut outright. But whatever, 2 QBs is wise at this point.
In the Jax game, Chase looked awful on his first three possessions. He went 3 and out on his first drive, lost a fumble inside our 10 on the second drive that led to Jax TD, and went 3 and out again on his third drive with a should have been interception that bounced off the Jags safeties chest with no one around him. Colt over Chase was a no brainer to me. Outside of the 2 interceptions in the redzone Colt looked good out there. Against Jax, Colt was near perfect. He finished 10-14 but 2 passes were right on the money and dropped by the wr, one was under pressure that he had to throw away, and only one did he miss the receiver. In the Ravens game, no qb did well based on the play of the oline and the constant pressure. In the other two games, Colt didnt play poorly. He moved the ball consistently and yes he made two bad throws in the redzone. Chase did play well against the Steelers but word all through training camp and scrimmages was that Colt was several steps ahead in the offense so its not surprising.

Either way, I agree that neither was going to get playing time this season barring unfortunate injuries and so it makes sense what happened with IR and Chase getting cut. I'm glad that guys like Mason and Marko were able to get the deserved roster spot.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok guys, what are your official predictions for the Skins this year and for Week 1 vs the G-men?

Season Record: 9-7 (Not sure if that gets you the WC)

Week 1: Skins make it closer than last year's poor showing. But the Week 1 energy from the NY crowd carries the G-men to a hard fought victory.

13-10 Giants win
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nice article on marko mitchell:

http://www.warpathconfidential.com/?p=1027

my fav quote:

And (Mitchell) says he's not done working his way up. On the depth chart, Mitchell will likely be considered the No. 5 receiver, despite wowing coaches, teammates and fans with his hands and his speed. But that's not good enough for Mitchell.

"If you ain't first, you're last. So right now I'm last," Mitchell said. "I'm trying to get up there to No. 1 hopefully. ..... I can't just stop right there. I need to elevate myself in the regular season."
Old 09-08-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marko shows me more already than Malcolm and Devin in terms of smooth route running, fighting after the catch, and especially hand eye coordination for jump balls which is a natural ability and not taught. He could easily be our top red zone target.

On a side note I love Rock and he does make special teams tackles, but I'd rather one of the other two backs make the roster since they could contribute in special teams as well. Mason for me is now our #3 back so Rock is no more than a kick returner when someone like Devin is already better.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Marko shows me more already than Malcolm and Devin in terms of smooth route running, fighting after the catch, and especially hand eye coordination for jump balls which is a natural ability and not taught. He could easily be our top red zone target.

On a side note I love Rock and he does make special teams tackles, but I'd rather one of the other two backs make the roster since they could contribute in special teams as well. Mason for me is now our #3 back so Rock is no more than a kick returner when someone like Devin is already better.
i love mason. i honestly think he will find his way to #2 on the dc. pretty funny how he found out he made the squad this year.

So, after two near-misses and a multi-city practice squad odyssey, how did Marcus Mason finally find out he made the Redskins' 53-man roster?

"Actually, I didn't get a call," he said Monday on the LaVar and Dukes show. "I was at Redskins Park after treatment, I had to get treatment...and I was just sitting there. And Vinny Cerrato came down the stairs, and he was like, 'Mase, I need to talk to you.' And I was like, 'Aww no, are you serious?'

"He was like, 'Nah, I'm just playing with you this time,' " Mason continued. "He's like, 'Nah, you can chill out, you can go home and chill now.' That's when I knew."
Old 09-08-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Colt will need 3 to 4 months to completely heal from surgery he will need to get on his hip, so yeah putting him on the IR was a good decision and not just a cop out like some of us originally thought.

BTW the Andre Woodson signing over Chase Daniel sure is convenient the week we start planning for the Giants.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Apparently Colt will need 3 to 4 months to completely heal from surgery he will need to get on his hip, so yeah putting him on the IR was a good decision and not just a cop out like some of us originally thought.

BTW the Andre Woodson signing over Chase Daniel sure is convenient the week we start planning for the Giants.
If only Woodson had remembered a thing. He got cut because he wasn't picking up the offense, so fortunately he should be fairly safe.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
nice article on marko mitchell:

http://www.warpathconfidential.com/?p=1027

my fav quote:

And (Mitchell) says he's not done working his way up. On the depth chart, Mitchell will likely be considered the No. 5 receiver, despite wowing coaches, teammates and fans with his hands and his speed. But that's not good enough for Mitchell.

"If you ain't first, you're last. So right now I'm last," Mitchell said. "I'm trying to get up there to No. 1 hopefully. ..... I can't just stop right there. I need to elevate myself in the regular season."
Mitchell's a beast I can't wait to see him get some real gametime reps this season.

Hopefully this can put Santana or ARE in the slot where they truly are a legit threat.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Malcolm Kelly has been named the starter in two WR sets with Moss. I like this move he has shown more ability to make the big catch with his big frame and good hands.
http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles...veat_49316.jsp

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Malcolm Kelly has been named the starter in two WR sets with Moss. I like this move he has shown more ability to make the big catch with his big frame and good hands.
http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles...veat_49316.jsp
That's just the "official" startlist but one bad route and El, Marko, or Devin gets his snaps. I like the idea of just putting in whoever is hot with the exception of Moss who needs to be in every play.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's just the "official" startlist but one bad route and El, Marko, or Devin gets his snaps. I like the idea of just putting in whoever is hot with the exception of Moss who needs to be in every play.
Exactly. With a position like receiver, except the #1, you are pretty much interchangeable with the next guy. It's a very much "what have you done for me lately" position. It's good that they're rewarding Malcolm with their faith and confidence for his decent preseason, but it's not much more than that. A nice gesture.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Ok guys, what are your official predictions for the Skins this year and for Week 1 vs the G-men?

Season Record: 9-7 (Not sure if that gets you the WC)

Week 1: Skins make it closer than last year's poor showing. But the Week 1 energy from the NY crowd carries the G-men to a hard fought victory.

13-10 Giants win
Always a tough place to get a result is the meadowlands,
Since 2000 the Skins have managed it three times(the last with todd collins and bad weather).
Do we ever stop the giants run game?
This is not the game for Zorns west coast dink and dunk offense.
Go deep early and often,backed up with a heavy dose of Portis.

Season Record: 7-9 (brutal second half of season)

Have we linebacker depth(can orakpo/wilson cover at sam)?
Have we o-line depth?
How much will our three 2008 second rounders contribute?
Will carlos rogers stay healthy?
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyskins View Post
Always a tough place to get a result is the meadowlands,
Since 2000 the Skins have managed it three times(the last with todd collins and bad weather).
Do we ever stop the giants run game?
This is not the game for Zorns west coast dink and dunk offense.
Go deep early and often,backed up with a heavy dose of Portis.

Season Record: 7-9 (brutal second half of season)

Have we linebacker depth(can orakpo/wilson cover at sam)?
Have we o-line depth?
How much will our three 2008 second rounders contribute?
Will carlos rogers stay healthy?
As a giants fan I hope you guys try and stretch us deep, not only do I trust corey Webster and our secondary on Moss and your receivers, but the more time you give our DL to get to the QB the better the result for us. I think if you guys rely solely on a quick passing WCO style horizontal attack I could see you guys moving the chains, but overall I expect a defensive battle and being a homer am going to go with the Giants, 17-13.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I really want the Skins to cut Deangelo Hall. The Raiders had the guts to do it last year, I just think this bum makes our defense so much worse. I was never impressed with him last year. So what you got a couple picks, doesn't make up for the fact that you don't know how to play corner. He's a cupcake, he's slow, and gives zero effort, get this bum off my team. He's a bad influence on the team.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team needs to get there heads in the ******* game were playing like a bunch of bitches out there. Landry needs to check himself, always over pursuing and making mistakes, not what we we need from our fs when the cb's can only hand check unproven receivers.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 09-13-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh...ugly game. Still too conservative in the second half...freaking throw the ball and open it up...our passing game was working we just didn't use it enough.

Corners played soft as hell and our blitzes never really seem to get to the QB because they are pretty basic and obvious.

The Giants are a very solid team though and I didn't expect the Skins to win...but they better win these next few weeks.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

The Giants were playing overtop Moss all game long yet he was sent on fly routes every time out. Time for Zorn to let go of play calling duties. Just a pathetic job. So many runs when the defense knew it was coming.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Giants were playing overtop Moss all game long yet he was sent on fly routes every time out. Time for Zorn to let go of play calling duties. Just a pathetic job. So many runs when the defense knew it was coming.
But who knows what Sherman Smith can do.

My quick breakdown:

I wasn't a fan of resigning DeAngelo Hall from the start, and he's just proving me right. He was AWFUL.

I was not pleased with the defensive play calling from Blatche either. Every time we brought either an overload or all out blitz it clearly disrupted Eli's timing and rhythm and forced a turnover. We needed more blitz packages that game.

The 100 million dollar man looked impressive when he was in there. He was always drawing double teams and applying pressure on Jacobs and Bradshaw, but he needs to seriously improve his conditioning.

The secondary in general was very poor, the Giants just didn't call enough plays that exposed our safeties over-aggressiveness.

Brian Orakpo was not at all a factor, after an outstanding preseason.

We might have one of the worst offenses in the league. Today wasn't even the offensive lines fault. Perhaps you could fault them for passive run-blocking, but other than that just bland, vanilla play-calling.

Our passing game was effective, but how effective can that be when all Campbell looks for is either; Cooley, Moss, and Randle El. Wasn't the point of drafting Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, and Fred Davis so that we could give Campbell more options? Campbell has got to improve his receiver progressions, fast.

Of course with the bland passing plays comes the lack of our god Marko Mitchell, who needs to be used more in passing attacks.

Our return game looks like the same old crappy return team.

Suisham didn't get to show much, bad calls by Danny Smith to basically squib every kickoff.

Hunter Smith looks like a saving grace compared to our past punters, and of course a great running play by him.

Horrible punt coverage on the very first punt by Byron Westbrook. He needs to be cut.

Now we need to not dwell on this loss and beat the Rams next week. Hail to the Redskins.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Hell the Rams beat us last year and we aren't any better this year than we were last year, IMO.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

The biggest problem right now is that we get outcoached on both offense and defense.

It's just so obvious what we are doing on any given play. If I can figure it out than I'm sure the Giants have it all covered.

Every time we blitz...its so freaking obvious...most of the blitzers get picked up (credit the Giants O line here as well.

Once again, just vanilla playcalling on offense. Last year, I gave Zorn a pass because it was his first year and he had injuries and what not. Next time this happens is just unacceptable. We run way too much and its just so obvious. Use your playbook and open this bad boy up.

Trust Campbell with the offense and let it go...
Old 09-14-2009, 07:17 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I completely agree with the WP article. All of the trick plays reeked of desperation from a coach knowing he'll be gone after this year. Still though aside from the trick plays his playcalling was predictable as always. From this game on we can start seeing the run, run, pass incomplete, punt, type of offensive scheme.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

"trust campbell with the offense and let it go"

Now that is a KEY quote!
Gibbs version 2 was a conservative game caller
Saunders was a conservative game caller here
Zorn(an ex q.b.) is a conservative game caller.....................

Hey, maybe it isnt on the head coaches,they have all worked with campbell and dont TRUST him to open up the playbook.

If i were Zorn the next few games i would throw on every first down.We have moss/cooley/kelly/davis/thomas/randel-el and even portis can catch.We HAVE enough weapons to score.
Teams have figured us out for years-8 men stuff the run,keep a safety deep for moss and dare the passing game to beat you.
Yet we never try pass first.
Sigh.
We HAVE the weapons!
We just dont have the q.b.
Put collins in and he might last only 4-5 games before wearing down.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://chriscooley47.blogspot.com/20...lley-hoop.html

funny video of campbell

also, a fan mail that is now posted in the skins locker room
http://chriscooley47.blogspot.com/2009/09/fan-mail.html

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

watched the second half of the gmen game in spanish while down in mexico. it was the first time i watched a game on mute. a few negative thoughts first:

-the playcalling was awful. moss had a good preseason and we just wasted his presence against the giants on vertical routes. with his speed and playmaking ability you have to mix it up and get him the ball early sometimes, sometimes on slants, and also on vertical routes.

-malcolm kelly may have earned the #2 spot going into week 1 but he may have lost it for week 2...el was the only receiver making catches although most were late in the 4th quarter. more importantly was kelly in the run game. i saw at least twice were he completely missed on blocking. hes a big physical receiver and hes got to excel at blocking for portis.

-campbell to me looked slow in his decision making. he just doesnt seem to read the entire defense fast enough. i think hes trying to not zero in on receivers as much as last year but sometimes it looks like a painful process.

here is the video of the fumble/td from Osi. take a close look at how much space is in front of campbell in the pocket. the strip came 4.5 seconds after the snap. i dont understand how as a qb you cant see that space and step UP into the pocket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2NoOIi_968

-secondary was disappointing against a weak receiving group. this isnt something im really worried about because i think it will come around fine. nonetheless i expected better.

a couple good notes:

-portis ran the ball decent considering the predictable play calling and the match up of the giants dline vs our oline.

-hunter smiths legit

-london fletcher continues to be a monster. the guy was all over the field.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

The Redskins have finalized a contract extension with veteran fullback Mike Sellers.
Redskins.com’s Larry Weisman reports that Sellers’ deal is a 2-year extension through 2012. The deal actually includes two more years but they void automatically if Sellers is on the roster five days after the Super Bowl in 2013.

Steddy Ambition!