Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 09-19-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Just a thought over the offseason," Landry explained, when I asked why he'd gotten the monkey. "I didn't want nothin' too big. He'll get up to fifteen pounds, live 35 to 50 years. When I die, he can die with me."

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick question for 'Skin's fans:

I'm making a mock draft and I'm stuck on the Redskins at the 14th pick (don't hate).

I want to give you guys Brandon Spikes to be an heir apparent to LFB, but does H.B. Blades have any leeway towards getting that position once LFB does leave? He put up good numbers last year and seem to fit the mold as a replacement for LFB.

Also, if not Spikes, who do you think should be the pick. Granted, I have Okung, Bulaga and Williams off the board already. Maybe Greg Hardy or Serigo Kindle?

Let me know.

EDIT: Or Jevan Snead?

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Last edited by JFLO : 09-19-2009 at 01:43 PM.
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jehvid best

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Horrible, Horrible, game, but one bright spot is that Rocky McIntosh was a monster out there. Heyer has also impressed me this season.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who plays RG? Since it seems like Randy Thomas is out with torn triceps for the rest of the season.

Oh, and awful game. No need to go into it.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
Who plays RG? Since it seems like Randy Thomas is out with torn triceps for the rest of the season.

Oh, and awful game. No need to go into it.
Will Montgomery replaced him and didn't look good. We basically were relegated to running to the left only after that.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why wouldnt rhinehart replace him? montgomery is awful. i hope if its more than a game that they use chad from now on. defense was good as expected.

offense again cant finish. terrible playcalling in the redzone and poor execution from campbell. should have ran it in easily on the first time and the second time in the endzone he tried to forzce it to sellers when mason was WIDE open in the flat. no one near him.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:56 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rhinehart didn't play because he was inactive for the game (I think they dressed Montgomery just because he can play tackle). But I do believe Rhinehart will get the start.

This is bad...we talked earlier about our old fragile O-line and how that is our weakest link for the most part. Now week 2 we already have to dip into our crappy reserves. Another injury to the line and I would have to say the O-line might be screwed.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:18 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Rhinehart didn't play because he was inactive for the game (I think they dressed Montgomery just because he can play tackle). But I do believe Rhinehart will get the start.

This is bad...we talked earlier about our old fragile O-line and how that is our weakest link for the most part. Now week 2 we already have to dip into our crappy reserves. Another injury to the line and I would have to say the O-line might be screwed.
looks like thomas may miss quite a few games here. im actually very intrigued to watch chad rhinehart in there and im really hoping that he steps up in this situation. we hear good things about him in practice and nows his chance to prove himself on the real stage. rabach is just not very good and the little depth we had is now nonexistent. fortunately we have the lions, bucs, panthers, then chiefs the next four games so at least rhinehart isnt being thrown into tough matchups right away.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanna say Malcolm Kelly rocks, I think this kid really wants to improve and be great and I think he will if he stays healthy.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 09-21-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
offense again cant finish. terrible playcalling in the redzone and poor execution from campbell. should have ran it in easily on the first time and the second time in the endzone he tried to forzce it to sellers when mason was WIDE open in the flat. no one near him.
In all fairness to Campbell, he played pretty well overall. Sellers needs to catch that ball for a TD. Also the playcalling in the redzone barely gave Campbell a chance down there.

The one series that I think was like 1st and goal from the 8 was...run, run, HB pass...That's just some garbage playcalling right there. We supposedly have all these big red zone targets now...use them please.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
In all fairness to Campbell, he played pretty well overall. Sellers needs to catch that ball for a TD. Also the playcalling in the redzone barely gave Campbell a chance down there.

The one series that I think was like 1st and goal from the 8 was...run, run, HB pass...That's just some garbage playcalling right there. We supposedly have all these big red zone targets now...use them please.
i totally agree that the playcalling was awful in the redzone. no excuses for zorn. at the same time i do think that campbell made two wrong choices on those two plays that could easily have been tds. rest of the game he played fine but he and zorn have to find a way to finish.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

The problem is still no redzone playmaker. I mean Campbell should have had at least 2 TD's, but Sellers and Devin Thomas simply aren't capable of making routine catches with regularity.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
The problem is still no redzone playmaker. I mean Campbell should have had at least 2 TD's, but Sellers and Devin Thomas simply aren't capable of making routine catches with regularity.
We have one, in Chris Cooley, it's just Zorn was too scared to let Campbell throw in the red zone yesterday.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Problem is Cooley can only work the middle and in the tight redzone you can easily take him away. We simply don't have a guy we can just line up and throw it up to, and I don't want to hear Malcolm Kelly. We have to rely on being clever to get in the redzone.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Everyone seems to know,when in the redzone the skins like to run left,often.
Why dont they try something like a bootleg from campbell to the right?

Not trusting campbell to throw in the redzone is a terrible indictment of our q.b. and our coach.
I.M.O. the weapons we have on offense should make us at least average in the nfc,not the bottom feeders we currently look.

Feel real bad for randy thomas,looks like he has played his last game as a skin.
Kendall hasnt been contacted so maybe Rinehart gets his chance for a couple of weeks?
Heyor has done ok at pass protection but our right side really needs to develop a push in the run game.
Next off season=a new center,right guard and right tackle.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The Redskins have brought back running back Anthony Alridge, signing him to the roster from the Houston Texans’ practice squad, the team announced on Tuesday.
Alridge takes the roster spot of Randy Thomas, who has been placed on the injured reserve list with a torn triceps.
This is way out of left field. We now have 5 active RB's on the roster. It makes sense because we have no speed at all but what is really the point of having Mason, Betts, Cartwright, Aldridge? If Aldrige isn't returning kicks or punts and just eating up space then who knows what this team is doing. Another thing while we are on RB's is why in obvious passing downs on 3rd downs do we still send in Betts? I know Zorn made him the 3rd down back but Portis is one of the best blockers in the game, to throw someone as awful as Betts out there is beyond me.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:00 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
This is way out of left field. We now have 5 active RB's on the roster. It makes sense because we have no speed at all but what is really the point of having Mason, Betts, Cartwright, Aldridge? If Aldrige isn't returning kicks or punts and just eating up space then who knows what this team is doing. Another thing while we are on RB's is why in obvious passing downs on 3rd downs do we still send in Betts? I know Zorn made him the 3rd down back but Portis is one of the best blockers in the game, to throw someone as awful as Betts out there is beyond me.
with losing Thomas at guard it wouldnt surprise me to see a guy like aldridge get the boot in order to snag some depth on the line. not that theres a lot out there available but theres bound to be a couple guys wed be interested in.

i agree we need to draft at least 2 olineman and possibly 3 this upcoming year. Id be fine with 2 drafted and 1 in free agency but i dont want to draft a stictly RT guy because im not sure how many more years samuels has in the tank at his level. i would like a guy that can move to LT in 2 years or so and be a franchise player.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:03 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

The non-drafting of O-lineman is bound to come back and bite Vinny...(if it already hasn't)
Old 09-23-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How likely do you guys think you will keep Jason Campbell after this year? What record do you guys have to have to keep him?

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
How likely do you guys think you will keep Jason Campbell after this year? What record do you guys have to have to keep him?
10% Chance we keep him, he has to put up big numbers and this team has to win a playoff game at least.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
10% Chance we keep him, he has to put up big numbers and this team has to win a playoff game at least.
I disagree completely. Regardless of our record if Campbell by the end of the year shows signs of being more comfortable and starts having consistent multiple TD games, I think that will be enough for us to keep him. At least tender him for 2 more years. Regardless of if we draft a QB, I don't see a single QB in the first round next year who is capable of being like Matt Ryan and coming in right away and starting. We really need to solidify the O-line long term before we throw out our stud young QB on the field.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I disagree completely. Regardless of our record if Campbell by the end of the year shows signs of being more comfortable and starts having consistent multiple TD games, I think that will be enough for us to keep him. At least tender him for 2 more years. Regardless of if we draft a QB, I don't see a single QB in the first round next year who is capable of being like Matt Ryan and coming in right away and starting. We really need to solidify the O-line long term before we throw out our stud young QB on the field.
I agree with you about the young QB and the o-line but you know how this organization is run. Also, Zorn and Campbell will go hand in hand, it's obvious Zorn is in over his head as a HC and playcaller right now. If Zorn is fired then who is going to have Jason's back, the new HC might not want anything to do with him or this offense. I think Campbell will go somewhere else and put up better numbers and be a solid starter just not here. Also if we don't have a good record why would Snyder want to pay him and even if he did why would Campbell want to stay?

Steddy Ambition!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:36 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

This is Snyder we're talking about here...I don't think he really cares about progress and improvement.

If I'm trying to predict what he will do...I say that anything under 8-8, Zorn and JC both get canned. Going 8-8 or 9-7 and missing the playoffs may also get them canned.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
I agree with you about the young QB and the o-line but you know how this organization is run. Also, Zorn and Campbell will go hand in hand, it's obvious Zorn is in over his head as a HC and playcaller right now. If Zorn is fired then who is going to have Jason's back, the new HC might not want anything to do with him or this offense. I think Campbell will go somewhere else and put up better numbers and be a solid starter just not here. Also if we don't have a good record why would Snyder want to pay him and even if he did why would Campbell want to stay?
thats the key piece right there. outside of a playoff run i just cant see him wanting to resign. outside of pennington hes the only halfway decent FA QB this offseason and hes still at a young age. if i were him i wouldnt want to stick around in an offense that likely could change again and where half the fans already hate me.