Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 05-04-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Davis seems to be just another USC receiver gone by the wayside. USC is great for a lot of things, but receivers is not one of them. Though they have a TE there now that looks like he's going to be a beast.
Davis is a TE though. We should be running some 2 TE sets to get him involved. He does stretch the field vertically better than Cooley.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Davis is a TE though. We should be running some 2 TE sets to get him involved. He does stretch the field vertically better than Cooley.
Yeah, still a type of receiver... is what I was trying to lump together.

I don't know if Zorn's offense calls for a 2 TE set. I don't know the WCO enough to know if 2 TE set packages are apart of that offense. Do you know if Davis was drafted for that purpose?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, still a type of receiver... is what I was trying to lump together.

I don't know if Zorn's offense calls for a 2 TE set. I don't know the WCO enough to know if 2 TE set packages are apart of that offense. Do you know if Davis was drafted for that purpose?
He was drafted cause I'm sure Cerrato and Vinny thought he was BPA but Zorn did say after that they would try to include a lot of 2 TE set's to utilize Cooley and Davis. I think the learning curve of the offense for players and staff was overwhelming year one and we didn't get to see much of Fred. I don't recall Cooley or Davis playing together but I think this year you will finally see it implemented.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's pretty funny... Brennan, Orakpo.... the biggest fans of those players were/are Cowboys fans on this board.

God must be a Redskins fan cause he's doing a good job of punishing us.

Last edited by D-Unit : 05-04-2009 at 04:23 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skins just added more to that competition for the 5-6th wr spots signing Roydell Williams today. He started 14 games for the titans in 2007 with 55 catches for 720 yards and 4 tds but did not play in 2008 due to an ankle injury in January of 2008. Heck if Kelly doesnt figure that knee out soon he could be in trouble with all these wrs around.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
Skins just added more to that competition for the 5-6th wr spots signing Roydell Williams today. He started 14 games for the titans in 2007 with 55 catches for 720 yards and 4 tds but did not play in 2008 due to an ankle injury in January of 2008. Heck if Kelly doesnt figure that knee out soon he could be in trouble with all these wrs around.
Yea we are bringing in a rack I like it though. Kelly, ugh. Please do something.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Yea we are bringing in a rack I like it though. Kelly, ugh. Please do something.
D.J Hackett and Kelley Washington have also been brought in. Hackett will probably make the team with his past relationship with Zorn in Seattle, but he's pretty good. Unfortunately it doesn't look good for Marko.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive read that fred davis is the prefect practice player and that some eloi kid is tearing it up at WR doing everything good. and that breaux guy was a C in bball at towson i think, 6-6 200 or something like? just pure tooth pick, theres a picture somewhere i'll try and find.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
ive read that fred davis is the prefect practice player and that some eloi kid is tearing it up at WR doing everything good. and that breaux guy was a C in bball at towson i think, 6-6 200 or something like? just pure tooth pick, theres a picture somewhere i'll try and find.
What I read actually said that Davis was the perfect practice player last year and that he has continued that into minicamp and has looked impressive.

Heres the picture of Breaux. I expect him to stick around as a practice squad guy.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Coach Zorn on KISS CAM!!

http://capitals.nhl.tv/team/console....d=859&id=41401
Old 05-05-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL...hilarious. :D
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
What I read actually said that Davis was the perfect practice player last year and that he has continued that into minicamp and has looked impressive.

Heres the picture of Breaux. I expect him to stick around as a practice squad guy.

I actually had Tommy Breaux on my watch list prior to last season after his huge game in the season opener two years back. Problem is this year while he showed some improvement he's still raw as hell and didn't gain any weight. Still you can't teach 6-8" and 4.47 forty.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
LOL too funny

Steddy Ambition!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I remember, I think SuperKevin, did a little writeup on him for his small school spotlight.

Hopefully Breaux or Marko could be our Marques Colston :)
Old 05-06-2009, 09:20 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

ha zorn has some silly qb drills. below is from redskins blog.

"I know depth of field can be a tricky thing in these pictures, but, yes, that's both Todd Collins (above) and Colt Brennan (below) throwing passes in mid-air. It's yet another wacky quarterback drill brought to you by head coach Jim Zorn and offensive assistant Chris Meidt, and it went pretty much as you'd guess: take the snap, scramble right, leap just before the out-of-bounds stripe, and throw the ball while airborne."

"These Zorn drills -- this, the dodgeball yesterday, the pads last year -- undeniably seem goofy and pointless. But the motions they teach really are directly translatable to football. (For the touchdown pass to Santana Moss in last year's New Orleans game, the one that ended with Antwaan Randle El hurdling Moss in the endzone, Jason Campbell uses a move to step up in the pocket that I must've seen Zorn go over with the QBs a hundred times or more.) And Campbell excelled at this drill today, just as he has been at each one this training camp."

Old 05-06-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

haha check this one out guys. cooley and colt in chainsaw massacre 2...

http://chriscooley47.blogspot.com/20...re-part-2.html
Old 05-11-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
haha check this one out guys. cooley and colt in chainsaw massacre 2...

http://chriscooley47.blogspot.com/20...re-part-2.html
I'd love to see him in a booth after football. He'd defiantly keep my attention haha.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:02 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

i had a terrible dream last night that the redskins straight cut clinton portis. i woke up and jumped on the computer just to make sure it was a dream. scary stuff.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Quote:
i had a terrible dream last night that the redskins straight cut clinton portis. i woke up and jumped on the computer just to make sure it was a dream. scary stuff.
I wish i would have a dream that we straight up cut Betts or Rock and then would wake up to find out its true. Holding on to a 3rd RB because he is a vet and a decent KR and not allowing a young change of pace back a chance to show what he has during the regular season is stupid.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
I wish i would have a dream that we straight up cut Betts or Rock and then would wake up to find out its true. Holding on to a 3rd RB because he is a vet and a decent KR and not allowing a young change of pace back a chance to show what he has during the regular season is stupid.
Completely agree. I would love to see Mason make the roster.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 05-18-2009, 08:30 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Completely agree. I would love to see Mason make the roster.
i think Dominique Dorsey nor Anthony Alridge have as good a shot as mason. maybe more because of their potential as return men. but yes id also like to see one of the three on the roster.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Redskins Coach Jim Zorn said the release of veteran tackle Jon Jansen was difficult, because no coach wants to tell a 10-year veteran that he is done with the only franchise for which he has played. But he said the evaluation by the coaching staff - primarily Zorn, offensive coordinator Sherman Smith and offensive line coach Joe Bugel - made it a relatively easy football decision.
"I stated, right when the offseason came about, that the [right tackle] position was going to be open," Zorn said this afternoon by phone. "We're going to see who is battling for it.
"Jon, during March, he said he was ready to fight. I think he even said publicly that he was ready to be the player he is. He was going to come back and show that he can be the kind of player he is, he felt he was. I think when he came back in mini-camp, in good shape, in OTAs, in great shape, fighting hard.
"But to me, in evaluating the situation with Joe, with Sherman, myself, just sitting down and talking about and watching, I didn't see a difference [from last season]. I'm looking for differences. 'Okay, this is different, and that's different.' I didn't necessarily see that."

Can't say that I'm surprised to see Jansen cut and to be honest I'm glad. Best of luck in Detroit Jon.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Redskins Coach Jim Zorn said the release of veteran tackle Jon Jansen was difficult, because no coach wants to tell a 10-year veteran that he is done with the only franchise for which he has played. But he said the evaluation by the coaching staff - primarily Zorn, offensive coordinator Sherman Smith and offensive line coach Joe Bugel - made it a relatively easy football decision.
"I stated, right when the offseason came about, that the [right tackle] position was going to be open," Zorn said this afternoon by phone. "We're going to see who is battling for it.
"Jon, during March, he said he was ready to fight. I think he even said publicly that he was ready to be the player he is. He was going to come back and show that he can be the kind of player he is, he felt he was. I think when he came back in mini-camp, in good shape, in OTAs, in great shape, fighting hard.
"But to me, in evaluating the situation with Joe, with Sherman, myself, just sitting down and talking about and watching, I didn't see a difference [from last season]. I'm looking for differences. 'Okay, this is different, and that's different.' I didn't necessarily see that."

Can't say that I'm surprised to see Jansen cut and to be honest I'm glad. Best of luck in Detroit Jon.
Sad that Jansen couldn't stay healthy in the last 4 seasons but his release was necessary. We need to get younger as a team and specifically the Oline. I hope Rinehart and Heyer win the starting right guard and tackle spots and man them for the next 7-10 years. Probably wishful thinking, though.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

For some awful reason I think Mike Williams could be our starting RT, scary to think about.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:24 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
For some awful reason I think Mike Williams could be our starting RT, scary to think about.
i dont know about starting off the bat but i wouldnt be surprised to see him get a decent amount of playing time based on all that ive heard from camp so far. CDF, I agree with you wholehearted on Rhineheart but not so much Heyer. With Dockery back though, I'm not sure if they are working Rhineheart more at LG or at RG to replace Thomas after this year. Either way, I'm a lot more comfortable with our guards than our tackles and center.

Last edited by DiG : 06-01-2009 at 08:34 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote