Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 08-23-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Chase Daniel did good last night, I was glad to see it! :)

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty much agree with most of what ST RIP said about the game.

Orakpo just looks fantastic, so excited about him. I'm excited to see what this defense can do this year. I was way more excited to watch them than the offense.

JC, again wasn't great but he took some shots deep, there were some drops and it was the steelers so I'm not going to fret about it yet.

Seemed like the first team OL played pretty well, they need to stay healthy though.

Do you think the Skins have the balls to cut Collins and keep Daniel and Brennan? I'm not seeing how it would significantly hurt the team.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is zero chance we do that. The coaches are in love with Collins "experience." Still no way in hell our primary backups for the shaky Campbell are a 7th round rookie from last year and an undrafted rookie.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I know they would never cut TC.

I'm just saying I would be perfectly fine with Colt and Daniel as the only backups, because Collins can't really do crap anymore.

Basically, I'd rather not put Daniel on the PS because he could get claimed. I'd rather cut Collins.

Its just irritating how everyone thinks they need a "veteran" backup QB. Not all veteran backups are created equal. Collins sucks and he's like 39, he's not getting any better. The other guys might suck right now if they had to play in a real game, but they will at least get better and they can make big plays.

There are good vet backups like Charlie Batch and than there are pointless ones like Todd Collins.

But I digress. This is a moot point because there's no way in hell they cut Collins.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Well I know they would never cut TC.

I'm just saying I would be perfectly fine with Colt and Daniel as the only backups, because Collins can't really do crap anymore.

Basically, I'd rather not put Daniel on the PS because he could get claimed. I'd rather cut Collins.

Its just irritating how everyone thinks they need a "veteran" backup QB. Not all veteran backups are created equal. Collins sucks and he's like 39, he's not getting any better. The other guys might suck right now if they had to play in a real game, but they will at least get better and they can make big plays.

There are good vet backups like Charlie Batch and than there are pointless ones like Todd Collins.

But I digress. This is a moot point because there's no way in hell they cut Collins.
I agree. The Cowboys gave Brad Johnson a 2 year, $3M deal for that "veteran" QB backup. For what? The guy was an old piece of crud.

At least the Boys woke up and realized there are good vet backups like John Kitna and then there are pointless ones like Brad Johnson.

Even though Colt is taking some lumps right now, his attitude is still positive and he's looking forward to the upcoming chances he gets to play. He feels embarassed that he has thrown picks. Isn't that what you want in a QB? Some QBs throw INTs and then have no emotion. Like it didn't even bother them at all. What happens? They throw some more and feel the same. *cough* Jason Campbell *cough*. Colt hasn't ever been a guy who threw many INTs, so this has really got to be a weird spot for him now. I can say this though.. if he doesn't redeem himself, his NFL career is no longer worth talking about.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tonights a big one for colt vs chase. i heard rumor that todd collins wasnt gonna play at all so that staff could get more looks at colt and chase. i still think that colt has the edge over chase at this point. hes got better size, more experience in the system, better intangibles, and has a much stronger arm than chase.

a few other things ill be paying attention to tonight:

-jim zorns playcalling. it hasnt been very good the first couple games and hes gotta start making better calls out there.

-young receivers in the first team offense. i expect to see campbell and the first team oline for the entire first half. thomas and kelly should see plenty of time and id like to see them each get a couple good catches

-campbells accuracy. hes been pretty disappointing this preseason letting some balls fly and missing open receivers. the more that this is a recurring theme the less confidence he will have.

-someone doing something dynamic in the run game that isnt named portis. rock and betts just dont seem to offer much as backups anymore. id love to see a guy like dorsey break a long one out there.

-protection. the pats dont have great lbers and we dont have a great oline. we need some guys to step it up and give the qbs more time in the pocket.

-MOAR RAKPOOOOOOOO
Old 08-28-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some guys I am keeping my eyes on tonight: Chris Horton, Chris Wilson, Stephon Heyer, Mike Williams if he plays, MARKO!!!, and finally if Tryon is awful again he needs to be cut asap.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Some guys I am keeping my eyes on tonight: Chris Horton, Chris Wilson, Stephon Heyer, Mike Williams if he plays, MARKO!!!, and finally if Tryon is awful again he needs to be cut asap.
I'm still waiting for Devin Thomas to actually do something that makes me say wow. What's his story anyways? Does he think he's better than he is?
Old 08-28-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

I'm not sure what Devin's deal is D unit. I think Kelly as passed him for that 2 WR spot. And it looks like Marko is passing him as well. He's not a bust yet, he has time, but at this point I don't really expect him to ever do much in his Skins career.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
I'm not sure what Devin's deal is D unit. I think Kelly as passed him for that 2 WR spot. And it looks like Marko is passing him as well. He's not a bust yet, he has time, but at this point I don't really expect him to ever do much in his Skins career.
Well, maybe together he and Colt can make some magic tonight! *get your dirty mind out of the gutter* :D

BTW... Ravens, Steelers, Patrtiots... Do you guys have the hardest preseason schedule or what? Jee... maneeez. cricket.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Damn, nice overall first half for the Skins. I didn't expect to be tied with the Pats at all.

JC looked very nice, he started to find a groove in this one and showed some nice accuracy on a few intermediate throws. Nice to see him run that one in as well.

Defense looked decent in the first half. Moss hurt us pretty bad a few times, but he does that to everyone so I'm too worried about it. Smoot looked good on D.

Nice to see Kelly and Thomas with a few catches as well.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Not good for Colt Brennan with the pick 6...

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gahhhhhhh mother fer! colt nice job driving down to the 4 yard line and then pick 6. throw was behind the receiver.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

ok here we go back inside the 30. lets see a td colt!!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

penalties are destroying us tonight! weve got 12 already.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

touchdowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn. what a throw. nicely done colt!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

ON. THE. MONEY.

That was an elite NFL pass right there. Vintage Colt (@Hawaii). Right in Mitchell's bread basket. Tight spiral. Plenty of arm strength.

Beautiful. The guy is literally stressing me out.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm still waiting for Devin Thomas to actually do something that makes me say wow. What's his story anyways? Does he think he's better than he is?
thomas had 3 very nice catches to move the chains at the end of the half. god what id do for a good offensive line.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
thomas had 3 very nice catches to move the chains at the end of the half. god what id do for a good offensive line.
Like seriously... that OL just sucks.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
ON. THE. MONEY.

That was an elite NFL pass right there. Vintage Colt (@Hawaii). Right in Mitchell's bread basket. Tight spiral. Plenty of arm strength.

Beautiful. The guy is literally stressing me out.
your not alone. im on the edge of my seat every play!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

That was a nice TD pass by Brennan to make up for his pick 6.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That pass by Colt made a stirring in my trousers.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

i cant get over how impressive orakpo is out there by the way. in the first half he was all over. had 6 tackles. he looks like a vet.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
i cant get over how impressive orakpo is out there by the way. in the first half he was all over. had 6 tackles. he looks like a vet.
Orakpo has looked great. I questioned the Skins when they put him at SLB but he has proved me wrong. He is going to have a major impact on this defense and he is my pick for DROY.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

GAHHHHH PENALTIES! olines is so terrible.