Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 08-28-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn colt took one in the knee there. can someone block please.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hm. i think colt shoulda thrown that to the rb there. wish i could see the receivers down field to see how they are covered. either way more immediate pressure that flushed him out. this oline makes me cry.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
hm. i think colt shoulda thrown that to the rb there. wish i could see the receivers down field to see how they are covered.
Yeah... I gotta blame Colt though for at least not throwing it away.

I think he just wants this to go to OT... wait.... there is none in preseason. lol.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

I think he just wants this to go to OT... wait.... there is none in preseason. lol.
well hes got a chance here to go 98 yards for the win...
Old 08-28-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
it looked like he was waiting for the rb to get to the first yard marker instead of getting it to him right away and letting him make a play.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

seriously zorn! 3 straight runs! awful.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gahh I knew pimping Marko before the draft would lead him to the Skins somehow. He is so smooth and can catch the ball. Also I don't get why everyone thinks Malcolm is so great and some are calling Thomas a bust. Thomas looked great returning kickoffs and made a couple catches. Kelly has just been around the ball a lot. Wait till he gets hurt again. I want Marko as my #2!!! BTW Santana Moss remains my favorite Redskin, dude is just a trooper. BTW I love Cooley but why the hell is he always falling down when he's running, lol. I think it's cause his ass is so big and his legs are so tiny.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barnes with a nice pick.

Man that backup O-line....DREADFUL
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Studs and Duds from the game.

Studs

1. Fred Smoot - Smoot really impressed me tonight tackling hard and breaking up passes. The dive back towards the sideline that he nearly picked off was a beautiful defensive play. Gaffney put a great move out and Smoot didnt bite.

2. Tryon/Barnes - Both had a good showing especially compared to their earlier performances. Tryon a few times in coverage and Barnes with the interception. Hopefully they can both build on the momentum.

3. Marko Mitchell/Devin Thomas/Moss/Cooley - These guys stood out tonight receiving. Moss early on, Cooley on the deep ball, Thomas to close the first half, and Marko in the second half. Marko really deserves a roster spot.

4. Marcus Mason - He is simply better than Betts or Rock and showed it against first team tonight.

5. Dorsey/Alrdidge - Both guys showed some real quickness and each had some nice long runs in the second half. I like their burst.

6. Orakpo - Continues to impress. Should be a front runner for DROTY.

7. Hunter - Best punter the skins have had in a LONG time.

8. Zorn - Finally some decent playcalling. I liked how he called the game for the most part tonight.

9. Campbell - Wasnt amazing but was better than expected. Made most of the throws and missed on less than he has been.

Duds

1. Malcolm Kelly - A lot of Skins fans are happy with his performance but he really only had one catch and even though there was a flag on the lob to him in the endzone it bounced off his shoulder.

2. Suisham - Please cut this guy. Not that we have anyone to replace him with...

3. O Line - Not as bad in pass protection but still not very good either. Pretty poor in run blocking in the first half with the starters. O Line is easily our biggest weakness this year.

Mixed Feelings

1. Colt Brennan - Drove down inside the Pats 5 on his first drive before throwing a pick 6 with a pass behind the receiver. Turned around drove back down the field and threw a beautiful pass to Marko for a TD. Made several nice throws but needs to work on throwing the ball away vs taking a sack. I hate to make comparisons but he does remind me of a young Favre in his style. Thats not to say he will be anywhere near as good but I cant help but think Favre when I watch Colt play.

2. D Hall - Got beat a few times by Randy Moss, but it was Randy Moss...

3. LaRon Landry - Bit hard on Moss' second touchdown but had some good tackles and an interception. He needs to get more consistent. At times he is amazing but sometimes isnt all there.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Hall sucked. Sure Moss owned him but damn the guy can't tackle worth an ish. 110 pound Fred Smoot can tackle but Hall thinks tapping a guys ass will bring him down.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best play of the night for me though was still the Campbell TD run.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I think Chris Horton played well too. He is a sure tackler and a very smart and steady secondary player. His play reminds me of Dawan Landry. We just need LaRon to play more like Reed, lol.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I think Chris Horton played well too. He is a sure tackler and a very smart and steady secondary player. His play reminds me of Dawan Landry. We just need LaRon to play more like Reed, lol.
I agree Horton looked nice out there. He wraps up really well on his tackles.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:54 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marko is sure making his case. The first drive Campbell had was pretty pleasing. Has Mason made a case yet again to maybe steal a roster spot from someone like Cartwright? I know he is the heart of our special teams but he really has no upside and doesn't threaten much as a 3rd down back.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Marko is sure making his case. The first drive Campbell had was pretty pleasing. Has Mason made a case yet again to maybe steal a roster spot from someone like Cartwright? I know he is the heart of our special teams but he really has no upside and doesn't threaten much as a 3rd down back.
It's really iffy right now and as much as I love Rock I'd rather have Mason because he's a better runner, receiver, and blocker, and Devin Thomas has looked nice with kick returns.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:52 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

ha Big Al on his tackle on Brady:

"I mean, it wasn't like I was hitting Gisele or something; he's the quarterback. It was good, it was fine," Haynesworth told Dan Steinberg, he of the D.C. Sports Bog. "I mean, I was trying to tackle him, but I wasn't trying to hurt him. I'm not that type of a player, you know? I'm actually a big Tom Brady fan."
Old 08-29-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marko needs to make this team, I think that should be clear at this point. Also, I love Rock, but its just time for him to go.

He has no upside like you guys said, and Mason is just a better runner right now. Thomas can easily replace him returning kicks, probably an upgrade. I'd even rather have dorsey/alridge than Rock at this point.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk6RE...eature=related

Fun stuff.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Hah yeah that was from last years offseason I think. Landry has slimmed down so he can move better but Portis still has the speed when he's not banged up. I need to see more Portis runs to the left edges with Dockery pulling. Our O-line isn't great but Dock is an excellent pulling run blocker.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Man I love Marko Mitchell. When asked about his TD he said he was more excited about making the block to spring Cooley's 73 yard reception as well as making a tackle on special teams. Those bums Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas think they are #1 WR's even though they haven't earned jack. If they had a TD they'd be calling out Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson by now.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

So what's the latest on Colt? Locally, they are saying he's gonna get cut.\

Edit: Done some homework of my own and came away thinking positive. Must say... I now love Fred Smoot. :D

"Think he can play? I think he's gonna be great," Smoot said. "I don't say that about a lot of players. Put it like this, the Falcons traded Brett Favre years ago. I just hope we don't make that mistake."

Good article for Colt fans.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs..._the_love.html

Last edited by D-Unit : 08-31-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So what's the latest on Colt? Locally, they are saying he's gonna get cut.
It's make or break for him. He is a team/fan favorite, Snyder loves the swagger he has but he has not lit it up like last preseason. His delivery is a big concern, he barely gets the ball above the lineman sometimes. Daniel has the same problem not because of his motion but because he is a shrimp. I doubt he is even 6' as listed. Basically I think Collins wont play and Colt/Chase battle it out once Campbell is pulled. Whoever looks better theoretically will make the roster with the other going to the practice squad. However, if you were to ask me now Colt still has the advantage. Snyder loves him and it's not up to Zorn to say which is better, one of the pitfalls of not having a true GM as you know.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
It's make or break for him. He is a team/fan favorite, Snyder loves the swagger he has but he has not lit it up like last preseason. His delivery is a big concern, he barely gets the ball above the lineman sometimes. Daniel has the same problem not because of his motion but because he is a shrimp. I doubt he is even 6' as listed. Basically I think Collins wont play and Colt/Chase battle it out once Campbell is pulled. Whoever looks better theoretically will make the roster with the other going to the practice squad. However, if you were to ask me now Colt still has the advantage. Snyder loves him and it's not up to Zorn to say which is better, one of the pitfalls of not having a true GM as you know.
Interesting... I never knew Colt had the support of Snyder. I just thought of him as a Zorn project.

I wonder if Brennan would clear waivers before getting back on your practice squad.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there's a 5% chance he gets cut, it's much more likely that the coaching staff will like Brennan's year of experience in the system over one good game by Chase and a poor to mediocre performance this preseason by Colt.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Yea I wouldn't be too worried about Colt not making the cut. There's such a small sample size of preseason outings to go off of, and even then they only play for a quarter or two max.

Colt's body of work includes last year's stellar preseason and this year's (I thought he was good last game except for 1 throw and his bad sack).

Chase's includes all of like 2 preseason quarters. Not too much there to get a good read.

I think Colt is safe barring a disaster from him in this next game and a Sonny Jurgensen-esque outing from Chase.

Once again, all of this could have been avoided if we would just cut Collins instead.