Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-12-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Follett as a late-round project. He's a good special teamer that you can groom as a backup OLB. I'm not offering him up as an answer to the current pass-rushing issues.

He really came on last year when Cal switched to the 3-4. He's got good instincts and makes big plays. I think he could be real good in a couple of years.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I like Follett as a late-round project. He's a good special teamer that you can groom as a backup OLB. I'm not offering him up as an answer to the current pass-rushing issues.

He really came on last year when Cal switched to the 3-4. He's got good instincts and makes big plays. I think he could be real good in a couple of years.
Well if he was to fall towards the end, I would still pick someone like Nick Reed over him.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I like Follett as a late-round project.
If he's to be had, it's in the 4-6 range, same with Worrell.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:59 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

i love me some worrell williams
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:16 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Tarell Brown wears no. 25, he's listed as a 4th stringer backing up Clements in last yr's preseason mag. Were you thinking of Reggie Smith, no. 31? That I would believe.

I hope neither of them falls through the cracks as sooooo many players have with this team, they need them both. Note that this defense gave up more points than anyone other than the Raiders last yr. & I think was 32nd in that category the previous yr. -- they're still awful despite Patrick Willis & bringing in Takeo & Justin Smith.

Reggie Smith has been mentioned by local Bay Area sports press as Roman's replacement at FS, Roman has degenerated into an embarrassment out there. All the coaching changes, the fatal death-blow ownership change within the DeBartolo Dynasty, Dr. John York's obsession with the new Santa Clara stadium that will not happen, lots of factors for inexplicable personnel decisions with this team. I'm still in mourning for LB Brandon Moore who was cut in camp last yr, what do I know....

But I do think they need to find a quality corner opposite Clements & spend the #10 on their many other great glaring needs.
as others said the D was better than you are claiming. terrell brown showed signs and regardless of what he was listed on last years preseasons guidebook or whatever, he got a fair amount of burn and showed signs. he only fell late in the draft because of character concerns, which havent come up again. the guy has talent.
as for guys falling through the cracks, most late rders dont make it. The niners actually have 21 out of 25 of the players drafted in the last three years on their roster. larry grant is somewhere else, so really thats 3 guys who havent worked out at all.
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was looking at Follett in the forum mock. He went a few picks before we had a chance to get him (we have pick 130 and he went at 127)

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like we are going to be hosting Stafford soon to resolve the combine issue.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/12/smoo...o-visit-49ers/
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
It looks like we are going to be hosting Stafford soon to resolve the combine issue.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/12/smoo...o-visit-49ers/
I think that whole thing was blown way out of proportion.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I think that whole thing was blown way out of proportion.
Isn't everything?
Old 04-12-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Isn't everything?
Mike Singletary just sneezed in his office! He's doing things his way and he don't care who gets in his way!

Old 04-13-2009, 07:50 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

new updated mock

1. bj raji - dt
2. clintin simtin - olb
3. fenuki topoua - ot
4. jaspar brinkley - ilb
5. arian foster - rb
5. kyle moore - de
6. drew wille - qb
7. brandon hughes - cb
7. tony fiametta - fb
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:13 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Prediction for Scott's new mock:
1. Mark Sanchez
2. Phil Loadholt
3. Lawrence Sidbury Jr.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he will have Sanchez gone before our pick to the Jags or the Broncos/Jets after they trade up. Maybe he will even have us swapping 1st with the Jets and picking up another 2nd. That would be the best scenario.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
new updated mock

1. bj raji - dt
2. clintin simtin - olb
3. fenuki topoua - ot
4. jaspar brinkley - ilb
5. arian foster - rb
5. kyle moore - de
6. drew wille - qb
7. brandon hughes - cb
7. tony fiametta - fb
Might be a bit early for Tupou. Otherwise it's pretty solid with us addressing several needs. I'm not sure if Jasper Brinkley would be the BPA in the 4th round for us. Arian Foster is the big back we're looking for. Kyle Moore is a big body to stick on the DL, maybe if he could find his niche rushing the passer, he could move to LB. Drew Willy, solid pick. Tony Fiametta is a interesting prospect. Definitely worth a look.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I think he will have Sanchez gone before our pick to the Jags or the Broncos/Jets after they trade up. Maybe he will even have us swapping 1st with the Jets and picking up another 2nd. That would be the best scenario.
Say we moved into the Jets spot.. Who do we grab? DHB would be available. According to Scott, Oher is available too.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oher would be a steal at #17, imo. If Maybin or Ayers are theree, maybe even Michael Johnson, they are all good value. Malcolm Jenkins and Vontae Davis are probably going to be gone but I wouldn't mind either of them at #17.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's exactly what I predicted in my mock. :)

Oher doesn't drop that far though and IMO it's probably too early to take Eben Britton (who I rate very highly) or Beatty.

BTW, I'd appreciate any comments on the mock as a whole from anyone who hangs around that forum (Menardo?), as it's my first attempt.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
new updated mock

1. bj raji - dt
2. clintin simtin - olb
3. fenuki topoua - ot
4. jaspar brinkley - ilb
5. arian foster - rb
5. kyle moore - de
6. drew wille - qb
7. brandon hughes - cb
7. tony fiametta - fb
Pretty nice mock Tupo in the third is fine with me since he is a perfect fit for our offense.

I don't think Scott predicts trades until the final mock, either way some how we will be getting Sanchez.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
new updated mock

1. bj raji - dt
2. clintin simtin - olb
3. fenuki topoua - ot
4. jaspar brinkley - ilb
5. arian foster - rb
5. kyle moore - de
6. drew wille - qb
7. brandon hughes - cb
7. tony fiametta - fb

This is pretty good. 6, 7a and 7b aren't what i would do, but still very good.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That mock is so sweet. Raji and Sintim is pretty much my ideal first 2 draft picks.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good article on Clayton from Niners website:

http://www.49ers.com/pressbox/news_d...php?PRKey=5232

It would be nice to see hi make the final roster this year. He needs to work on his pass pro, but I think he can be a good weapon. Chances are, the Niners will take a big back in the Draft, so he may not get his chance. Maybe he'll go to Rams and joining Brandon Williams and Larry Grant as former Niner draft picks.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Quote:
I really dont want to trade back unless we get two first rounders, which i dont expect to happen.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030 View Post
I really dont want to trade back unless we get two first rounders, which i dont expect to happen.
I feel the same way, I really like where we are sitting.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Same here, and I think we all know I am fully capable of embracing a "trade down" game-plan.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Since Scott didn't get his mock up tonight, :( , I got bored and threw together a niners mock. Here's my latest thought:

1.OT Michael Oher, Ole Miss.
2.OLB Connor Barwin, Cincinnati
3.RB Shonn Greene, Iowa
4.ILB Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina
5.WR/RS Brandon Tate, North Carolina
5b.DL Chris Baker, Hampton
6.QB Tom Brandstater, Fresno St.
7a.LB Nick Reed, Oregon
7b.CB Ellis Lankster, West Virginia