Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-19-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
We gave up 55 sacks but 32 of them were because of crappy Sullivan and Martz. We gave up 9 sacks less once Hill was the starter. The only negative was RT and with the signing of Marvel Smith, that position is set for 2009 as long as he stays healthy. If SF was thinking OT at 10, they wouldnt have signed Smith. I think that our offense will be better as long as Hill starts the season as opposed to starting in Nov or Dec and once again showing that he should be the starter.
I agree with you here Dan. With the change of OC and with Hill getting more experience last year I believe that we will already see a BIG difference in the number of sacks we give up next year.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
If Malcolm Jenkins is no longer considered a very good CB prospect by many because he ran a 4.5,what does that say about DJ Moore's 4.6?

I don't understand the Vikings deal. Who would want Sims and Spurlock and why would the 49ers want another H-Back style TE?

I'd like Cody Brown if he weren't still so significantly underweight for a 3-4 OLB.

I don't value Sammie Stroughter anywhere near a 4th rounder but that's probably just a differing of opinion. He also doesn't fit McCloughan's profile of 6' 200lb.

I don't know how a QB like Pat White fits into Singletary's "physical" style. But I can't be mad at you getting a QB who many like at this point in the draft.

Oher, Jennings, Joseph and Pascoe are all great picks at positions of need.

Which Tight End gets cut? Pascoe or Mills?
We grabbed Mills in case we couldn't get a decent blocking TE in the late rounds which we did. We got Stroughter for his return ability so he can take over for Rossum when he is done. D.J. Moore is a lot better corner than people give him credit for.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030 View Post
Point is we will be paying Oher/Smith a lot more than Staley.
I don't see why you have such a problem with this. The Titans two offensive tackles are a couple of the highest paid players on their team. Who cares if one is getting more than the other, if he is producing that's all that maters.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Michael Oher is a terrific pass blocker as well. If you think he is just a "far better run blocker," then maybe you should go check him out a bit more.

Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, Jake Long and Jonathon Ogden were/are all excellent run blockers as well. Ogden and Long being examples from other power running style offenses.

The better OT, no matter their strengths, should protect the blind side.

Staley should stay at LT for another year if we draft Michael Oher. But if Oher plays to the level he is capable of, then I don't see any reason not to move him to the left side sooner or later.

If I wanted a future RT, I would wait till rounds 2 or 3 to take one... If I'm drafting a tackle in the top ten then I want a stud LT.
Believe me I know Oher's strengths, and weaknesses. The bottom line I would love to have them both.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, I just looked at the forum mock. I have no problem with the Oher and Jennings picks but the rest are just blah especially the ealy ones and even moreso than that, whats up with all the trades??? There's like a BILLION overall with us having three of them. The only trade that's good is the Sims trade and that wont happen because if we draft an OT, no one is going to trade for him when they know that he'll most likely get released anyway.

Why do we trade for Mills who's basically another Walker/Robinson type??? I dont see the point in that especially for MIN. MIN trades away a player who was drafted by NE in the 4th round for developmental player and a late rounder. No way thats happening nor should it.

I dont like the Bengals trade either. I'm not going to take the time to look at who was drafted by everyone between 43 and 55 but if there's a player or two that would help us out more than Moore does, I dont understand why anyone would trade down just to get extra picks when you're possibly missing out on a potential starter early in the second.

Just my opinion. And on a related side note, its a shame that no one runs a LIVE mock draft using AIM like the one I was a part of in 2006. That was fun and more nerve racking since you were literally on the clock. Oh well.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

What is the problem with More? He is a great fit for the system and a good football player, and we hit on all our needs I don't see where the problem is?
Old 04-19-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
I'm not going to take the time to look at who was drafted by everyone between 43 and 55but if there's a player or two that would help us out more than Moore does, I dont understand why anyone would trade down just to get extra picks when you're possibly missing out on a potential starter early in the second.
It's pretty arrogant to slate the pick then isn't it?

------------

For the record, I think you guys did pretty good (nailed our top two needs: OT, #2 CB), though I have fears on Cody Brown as a possible Lawson clone (undersized?).

No problem with the Pat White pick either. Should be groomed to see if there's any QB in him, if not we've got a decent Michael Robinson replacement for the wildcat. Good value imo.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Not to disrupt this conversation, but please take a look at this:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...2&#post1608132

and tell me and Menardo what you think of our job during the final forum mock.
You took Pat White. I dont care who was/wasnt available but that's a guy I just cannot stand. Rasheed Marshall all over again.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I don't see why you have such a problem with this. The Titans two offensive tackles are a couple of the highest paid players on their team. Who cares if one is getting more than the other, if he is producing that's all that maters.
The point is if you just want an RT you might as well wait because you don't need to pay an RT top ten pick money. It's just a waste. The top OTs in the draft are there generally because they have the potential to be franchise LTs. I would rather not pick one of them to be the long term RT.

Especially when we could just grab Meredith, Cadogan, Tupou, Lang or Loadholt later and pay a lot less.

Once again, if we pick Oher, I predict he will move over to LT sooner or later.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
The point is if you just want an RT you might as well wait because you don't need to pay an RT top ten pick money. It's just a waste. The top OTs in the draft are there generally because they have the potential to be franchise LTs. I would rather not pick one of them to be the long term RT.

Especially when we could just grab Meredith, Cadogan, Tupou, Lang or Loadholt later and pay a lot less.

Once again, if we pick Oher, I predict he will move over to LT sooner or later.
If you get a great right tackle I don't see how it's a wasted pick.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overall, I think it's a pretty good effort in the mock. Getting two additional picks for moving down is a good value.

I don't understand picking up two more TEs, as at least one of them for sure would not make the final roster.

The Pat White pick is a decent value but looks to be a bad fit for the Niners.

Drafting Oher is NOT a wasted pick, regardless of which OT position he plays. If you add a potential difference maker to the team, it's never a wasted pick.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's gonna be our hit man since Keith Lewis departed?.. You the know, the crazy special teams guy who gets fined for every tackle he makes. May I suggest taking a chance on Mike Mitchell. You might be asking who..

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Who's gonna be our hit man since Keith Lewis departed?.. You the know, the crazy special teams guy who gets fined for every tackle he makes. May I suggest taking a chance on Mike Mitchell. You might be asking who..

HOLY SH*T! Talk about a potential SLEEPER. He's all over the field, can hit (and wrap up), recognize coverage, and has great football instincts. His pursuit reminds me of P-Willy coming out of Ole Miss. Great speed, size, and instincts - definitely worth the risk of a second day pick.

Too bad there's a handful of teams that are on to him, with the Niners unnamed in the reports I've read. You should forward this video to Scotty Mac right now and tell him to go big in the 5th!

Here's so more info on him:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayto...ect-79516.html

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Haralson98
Rookie

Haralson98 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I am still not totally sold on him as a 3-4 OLB.
Me neither, I'm not sold on him or any other prospects as 3-4 OLB's in the top half of the first. IMO, I don't think Orakpo, Brown, Ayers, or Maybin should be even looked at in the first 15 picks.
Haralson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:19 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright. This is my end all, be all dream 49er mock (until I change my mind on 1 or more of the picks within the next few days),

1. Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, Texas - I really wrestled with this pick for a long time. I want to see Parys Haralson get a shot to be the teams pass rusher but I think Orakpo has the potential to be twice as good as Haralson ever could be. He could be our DeMarcus Ware!
Alternate: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama; Malcolm Jenkins, DB, Ohio State

2. Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut - By far my favorite corner in the draft. I think he would immediately take Walt Harris' job and do well. With him opposite Nate Clements we would have a very good set of corners. Reggie Smith and Dashon Goldson would both compete for the starting free safety job, this way, and this would push them to be their best.
Alternate: Connor Barwin, DE/OLB, Cincinnati; Louis Delmas, S, Western Michigan

3. Troy Kropog, OT, Tulane - Experienced player who could step in if, more likely when, Marvel Smith gets injured this year. Not an especially powerful run blocker but still improving in that department.
Alternate: Juaquin Igelsias, WR, Oklahama; Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty

4. Jasper Brinkley, ILB, South Carolina - Big, strong, and tough and would be a perfect 3-4 'TED' linebacker. Give him a year to develop behind Spikes and put him next to Willis in 2010 and the 49ers have arguably the best inside linebacking pair in the NFL.
Alternate: Phillip Hunt, DE/OLB, Houston; Darcel McBath, S, Texas Tech

5a. Kory Sheets, RB, Purdue - Not the big, physical back that most people are expecting us to take but he is well-rounded and can take over if Gore ever gets hurt. Catches the ball out of the backfield and run routes amazingly well for a running back.
Alternate: Mark Parson, CB, Ohio; Fenuki Tupou, OT, Oregon

5b. Ray Feinga, OG, Brigham Young - David Baas might play well enough to get a contract extension or he might not. If he does finally live up to his draft status then Feinga adds depth and if he doesn't then Feinga has the talent to be a starter. He is strong, tough, and experienced.
Alternate: Ian Johnson, RB, Boise State; Nate Davis, QB, Ball State

6. Kevin Ogletree, WR, Virginia - Has the big frame that we know Scotty M. likes (6'0'', 200 lbs) and isn't a show boating, prima donna receiver. He is experienced and mature. Well-rounded game; good blocker, runs good routes, doesn't drop passes, etc. Would contribute immediately in the receiver rotation.
Alternate: Quinn Johnson, FB, Louisiana State; Henry Melton, DE/OLB, Texas

7a. Joe Burnett, CB/KR, Central Florida - Yes, I am a Central Florida fan and yes, Burnett is undersized and doesn't have great timed speed. Even so, he is great value here. Even though with Butler the 49ers have 5 corners (Clements, Harris, Spencer, Butler, and Brown), Harris will probably retire next year and I think Spencer's contract is up after this year. Burnett would provide depth and also take Rossum's kick returner duties eventually
Alternate: Troy Nolan, S, Arizona State; Mike Reilly, QB, Central Washington

7b. Mike Teel, QB, Rutgers - My personal favorite late-round, developmental QB. Teel has all of the tools to play quarterback in the NFL. Big frame (6'4'', 220), good arm strength, decent athleticism, etc. Very experienced and a team leader in college. Should beat out Damon Huard for the 3rd string job this year and push Hill and Smith eventually.
Alternate: Drew Wily, QB, Buffalo; Graham Geno, K, Florida State
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I love that "all-dream" niner mock, I would be extremely happy with that.
And im a big fan of Burnett and Teel as well.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:20 AM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All times EST

1 @ Arizona 4:15 PM - Loss
2 Seattle 4:05 PM - Win
3 @ Minnesota 1:00 PM - Win
4 St. Louis 4:15 PM - Win
5 Atlanta 4:05 PM - Loss
7 @ Houston 1:00 PM - Win
8 @ Indianapolis 1:00 PM - Loss
9 Tennessee 4:15 PM - Loss
10 Chicago 8:20 PM - Win
11 @ Green Bay 1:00 PM - Win
12 Jacksonville 4:05 PM - Loss
13 @ Seattle 4:15 PM - Win
14 Arizona 8:30 PM - Win(nail biter)
15 @ Philadelphia 1:00 PM - Loss
16 Detroit 4:05 PM - Win
17 @ St. Louis 1:00PM - Win

10-6. I dont know why but Im feeling this year, winning NFC WEST!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

my final mock draft

1. bj raji - dt
2. clint simtin - olb
3. rashad jennings - rb
4. jaspar brinkley - ilb
5. tj lang - ot
5. don carey - cb
6. dominique edison - wr
7. quinn johnson - fb
7. brain hoyer - qb
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Him and Mark Parson are two big time potential sleepers from Ohio.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haralson98 View Post
Me neither, I'm not sold on him or any other prospects as 3-4 OLB's in the top half of the first. IMO, I don't think Orakpo, Brown, Ayers, or Maybin should be even looked at in the first 15 picks.
Seriously? What's your reasoning?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
In one of the deepest years for 3-4 OLBs too interesting.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, draft chat with Matt Maiocco in a few minutes,

http://www.49ersparadise.com/liveeve...co042009.shtml
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Personally, I think Sidbury Jr is going to turn out to be the best of those round 1/2 DE/OLBs. I would definitely not take Orakpo to be a 3-4 OLB, upon further consideration. Maybin's weight scares me. I think Brown has his his ceiling and Ayers isnt warranting of the 10 selection and wont be there at 43 so I didnt bother considering him. Sidbury has all the tools, he just needs to be coached up a bit on technique and I think he could really shock teams.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:42 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely LOVE Sidbury, but what about Maybin's weight scares you?
Old 04-20-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Absolutely LOVE Sidbury, but what about Maybin's weight scares you?
I just worry that he cant keep it on over the course of the season. Also, I have to wonder how much of it was him just stuffing his face before weigh-ins. I wrestled in HS and I saw guy starve themselves or gorge themselves to meet certain weights. I know that if I needed to move the scale up some pounds, it isnt that hard.