Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-20-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Personally, I think Sidbury Jr is going to turn out to be the best of those round 1/2 DE/OLBs. I would definitely not take Orakpo to be a 3-4 OLB, upon further consideration. Maybin's weight scares me. I think Brown has his his ceiling and Ayers isnt warranting of the 10 selection and wont be there at 43 so I didnt bother considering him. Sidbury has all the tools, he just needs to be coached up a bit on technique and I think he could really shock teams.
I agree with this and I'm also not a fan of any of the 3-4 OLB prospects at #10 in this draft.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the moment, my dream would be Crabtree in round one and then Sidbury in round two. With the best RT or RB in round three/four.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sidbury is a tad overrated right now. He is a workout warrior who played against low-level competition. I would draft him in the 3rd but not the 2nd.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would definitely not take Orakpo to be a 3-4 OLB, upon further consideration.
Well I'll ask you. What don't you like about Orakpo?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Sidbury is a tad overrated right now. He is a workout warrior who played against low-level competition. I would draft him in the 3rd but not the 2nd.
I disagree but I'm not going to ostracize you for holding that opinion. I happen to like his physical abilities, he reminds me Conner Barwin but more likely to be there at 43. Now, if Barwin is there at 43 and they dont go for him, I'll probably throw something at the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Well I'll ask you. What don't you like about Orakpo?
I think he's better as a 4-3 DE is all. He's good at pass rushing but not great enough to be a 3-4 OLB and I worry about his ability to cover a RB or TE.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he's better as a 4-3 DE is all. He's good at pass rushing but not great enough to be a 3-4 OLB and I worry about his ability to cover a RB or TE.
Yeah I understand. Naturally the coverage part is the least smoothest transition for college 4-3 DEs. It was even a question with Manny Lawson. And I would say he's a better cover LB than a pass rushing one.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I agree that he may be overrated by some but he was dominant in the East-West Shrine Game as well.

If Orakpo, Maybin, Brown, English, Barwin, and Sintim are gone I would definitely consider reaching for Sidbury at #43.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just worry that he cant keep it on over the course of the season. Also, I have to wonder how much of it was him just stuffing his face before weigh-ins. I wrestled in HS and I saw guy starve themselves or gorge themselves to meet certain weights. I know that if I needed to move the scale up some pounds, it isnt that hard.
He didn't just gain weight for a weigh-in though. He weighed 252lbs and did a 10'10" Broad Jump and 40" Vertical. I understand the concern about him maintaining weight during the season but the fact that he is only 20 cancels that fear in my eyes. Let's not forget that Demarcus Ware weighed 230lbs his final year in college and weighed 251lbs at the Combine. He never lost the weight and has continued to mature physically, now weighing in the mid 260's.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it is really hard to put an accurate grade on Maybin with him being so young. I think he is the guy that we are gonna take.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

jags sign holt, scratch one in the crabtree sweepstakes.
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:12 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Ok so I'm bored and pieced together my final mock of the year, unless something else changes :D

Round 1 (10): OT Michael Oher, Ole Miss.
-Competes with Marvel Smith year one, future LT.

Round 2 (43): Best Passrusher Available (1.Barwin, 2.Sintim, 3.English, 4.Sidbury)
-Hoping for Barwin :D Works in rotation with Haralson and Lawson.

Round 3 (74): RB Rashad Jennings, Liberty
-Good pass protector, fills need Scotty Mac was speaking of.

Round 4 (111): WR Brandon Tate, North Carolina
-Redshirts rookie season, RS and big play threat once Bruce retires.

Round 5 (146): ILB Scott McKillop, Pittsburgh
-Confident he could play either ILB spot. Spikes' future replacement.

Round 5 (171): CB Cary Harris, USC
-Harris is a good physical cover man. Could project as a future starter.

Round 6 (184): OG Andy Kemp, Wisconsin
-Powerful OG, could make team, but might start on practice squad.

Round 7 (219): LB Nick Reed, Oregon
-Had an amazing pro day, could project inside or outside.

Round 7 (244): QB Hunter Cantwell, Louisville
-Drops due to a lack of experience. Can make all the throws, just needs development.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:00 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Final Mock of the year for my as well.

1. Brian Orakpo DE/OLB, Texas
-Our pass rush sucks and with most mocks drafts having Orakpo falling to us, we cannot afford to pass up on a talent like this.

2. Eben Britton OT, Arizona
-Stout OT from Arizona. With the aquisition of Marvel Smith, OT might not be as big as a need but we still need to address it for the future. Eben Britton might take a while for him to transition to the NFL but it will get done. He could potentially start for us at RT for a very long time.

3. Andre Brown RB, NC State
-Big RB we're looking for to relieve Frank Gore and beat teams up through the middle. Andre Brown is also deceptively quick. He's the kinda guy I see getting more and more carries as the season goes on.

4. Jasper Brinkley ILB, South Carolina
-Big thumper in the middle that we could groom to play along side Patrick Willis. Has good blitzing skills from the ILB position which could prove valuable in our defense. All negatives about this guy are coachable things.

5. Chris Baker NT, Hampton
-Seems like we're gonna have to wait another year to nab a good NT with Raji being pretty much the only formidable one the draft. Chris Baker could be a nice sleeper pick for us though. Very stout NT that could just be there in the middle.

6. Aaron Kelly WR, Clemson
-Good WR and depth kinda guy. Wouldn't mind taking a chance on him. Got great size and smooth athleticism.

7. Quinn Johnson FB, LSU
-Fiametta's here but we don't need a Justin Griffith type FB as of now. We need the battering ram FB that either opens up holes or clears them for the RB to run through. Quinn Johnson had quite a year smashing heads for LSU.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're missing our 2 comp picks Yay.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2. Eben Britton OT, Arizona
-Stout OT from Arizona. With the aquisition of Marvel Smith, OT might not be as big as a need but we still need to address it for the future. Eben Britton might take a while for him to transition to the NFL but it will get done. He could potentially start for us at RT for a very long time.
Love that pick, but I'm not sure Britton drops to us in the second. I'd be much more inclined to grab a play maker with our first rounder if Britton was a guaranteed second...
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Britton will be a first rounder because with J. Smith, Monroe and A. Smith expected to be drafted in the top 6, that would only leave Oher and Britton. The Bills obviously need an OT after trading Peters and I think that the Vikings go after the last best OT available.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Britton won't be past the Vikings or even the Steelers for that matter. The draft just needs to happen already I decided.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does anyone have any tips on watching the draft??
There was one year I had an excel sheet with each player ranked by Scott, then I would mark them out when they got picked. Commercials suck because you dont know who gets picked during them, and then you have to catch up, which ruins the suspense
Is there a better way?
Old 04-21-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonie61 View Post
Is there a better way?
That's about as good as you can do, I suppose. I dont have a TV so I am streaming NFL Network coverage off NFL.com and using Scott's big board again.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

If you have a T.V. ESPN does the best job.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i will be watching the draft at the 49ERS DRAFT PARTY!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonie61 View Post
Does anyone have any tips on watching the draft??
There was one year I had an excel sheet with each player ranked by Scott, then I would mark them out when they got picked. Commercials suck because you dont know who gets picked during them, and then you have to catch up, which ruins the suspense
Is there a better way?
I get annoyed on day two how they basically forget about rounds five through seven. It also pisses me off when they don't have a clock up.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I switch coverages from ESPN to NFL Network, as they will have commercials at different times, and both have good coverage/analysis. If you have a laptop handy, you can have it on nfl.com or espn.com to catch the pics, as they update them pretty quickly after their submitted. That would give you the best real-time way to keep up with the picks.

I'm sooooo ready for the Draft!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LMFAO!

Skip Bayless on ESPN First Take said that the Lions should take Orakpo first overall as he is the best player in the draft for them and is a BETTER pass rusher than MARIO WILLIAMS!

I like Orakpo, but C'mon. It IS Skip Bayless though, who doesn't like Lebron, etc. etc.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:47 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a quick little wishful thinking mock for the 49ers

1. Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, Texas
2. D.J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt
3. Fenuki Tupou, OT, Oregon
4. Stephen McGee, QB, Texas A&M
5a. Jason Phillips, ILB, TCU
5b. James Davis, RB, Clemson
6. Stryker Sulak, DE/OLB, Missouri
7a. Alex Boone, OT, Ohio State
7b. Marlon Favorite, DT, LSU

If you like, ask me and I will expand on my rationale.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
I get annoyed on day two how they basically forget about rounds five through seven. It also pisses me off when they don't have a clock up.
NFL Network keeps going with all the picks that come in, unlike ESPN. I was able to watch NFLN coverage a couple years back and it was excellent. I imagine that this year's should be as good.