Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-25-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to edit the OP with pics or highlights of whoever is picked. Separate threads sounds nice but I fear that all of them would just end up being "we should have gone with ______!" or something to that effect.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:06 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

Alright heres what I'm hoping for assuming crabtree and raji are gone:

1. Orakpo OLB
2. Loadholt OT
3. Jasper Brinkley ILB South Carolina
4. Mike Goodson RB Texas Tech
5. Nate Davis QB Ball St
5. Ricky Jean Francois DE LSU
6. Quinn Johnson FB
7. BPA
7. BPA
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:48 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maiocco's final mock:
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...re-events.html

Also Phil Barber, of the Press Democrat, has Andre Smith being our pick:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Barber
10. San Francisco 49ers
Andre Smith, T, Alabama
He gets thumbs-up from 2 most important men in organization: Maiocco and Bill Walsh's ghost
Also, from this mornings paper, SF targeting five players:
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...h-overall-pick
Quote:
The 49ers are believed to have an affinity for receiver Michael Crabtree (Texas Tech), offensive tackles Jason Smith (Baylor), Eugene Monroe (Virginia) and Andre Smith (Alabama), and defensive end Tyson Jackson (LSU), according to multiple sources throughout the NFL.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:06 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just woke up at 4:30 am, west coast time, yep it is draft day.

Here is my four round mock:
1st Round: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
2nd Round: Ron Brace, DT, Boston College
3rd Round: Paul Kruger, DE/OLB, Utah
4th Round: Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty

Also it is interesting to see the variety of all the mock drafts from the beat writers to national writers on who SF is going to pick.
Maiocco- Jackson
Barrows- Oher
Peter King- Monroe
Don Banks- Crabtree
Michael Lombardi- Crabtree
Sam Framer- Jason Smith
Kiper- Maclin
McShay- Oher

I remember in 07, when SF took Patrick Willis, how a majority of the publications had Willis being the pick. This year, one spot higher, it is utter chaos......it will be fun to watch how this all plays out today. :D
Old 04-25-2009, 08:02 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually went out and bought a red and gold, polo shirt for today. My wife is going to hate the fact that I will be taking control of every electronic media device in our house for the day, but, she'll get over it.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:04 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I've only seen him in person (outside games) twice. First time, I talked to him; he's a super nice guy and never let his popularity get to him. If the Niners take him tomorrow, I'm dancing in the street. I can't say enough great things about Stephen.

Goodson on the other hand... I dont really care about him haha.
When I was at NSU, Craig Nall was an ass before he was drafted and then he became a total **** afterwords.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I actually went out and bought a red and gold, polo shirt for today. My wife is going to hate the fact that I will be taking control of every electronic media device in our house for the day, but, she'll get over it.
Sounds like the kids aren't watching Hannah Montana today.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:55 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sounds like the kids aren't watching Hannah Montana today.
The good lord invented Tivo for a reason... ;)
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:44 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I've already got a deal in place that will land me with the house to myself from 3:00 to 4:30 and if I play my cards right, I could have a 12 pack of ice cold beer by my side. The day is looking good.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

NFLN will have a camera in our war room - SWEET!

Old 04-25-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good Morning Gentleman! It's the day we've all been waiting for! Let's hope the Niners have some talent fall to them in the right spots and they make the right decisions!

My lady is sick in bed. She's medicated, hydrated, asleep and nowhere near my 62 inch HD TV with surround sound for the Draft. I'm good to go.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
NFLN will have a camera in our war room - SWEET!
God Damn NFL Network. That channel pisses me off so much. I'll be watching good old ESPN...
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL Network = Awesome

One of the greatest inventions of all time. The only negative is that they play the same 4 commercials over and over again. They need more sponsors!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
I just woke up at 4:30 am, west coast time, yep it is draft day.

Here is my four round mock:
1st Round: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
2nd Round: Ron Brace, DT, Boston College
3rd Round: Paul Kruger, DE/OLB, Utah
4th Round: Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty

Also it is interesting to see the variety of all the mock drafts from the beat writers to national writers on who SF is going to pick.
Maiocco- Jackson
Barrows- Oher
Peter King- Monroe
Don Banks- Crabtree
Michael Lombardi- Crabtree
Sam Framer- Jason Smith
Kiper- Maclin
McShay- Oher

I remember in 07, when SF took Patrick Willis, how a majority of the publications had Willis being the pick. This year, one spot higher, it is utter chaos......it will be fun to watch how this all plays out today. :D
Seems to me there is a majority opinion in those critics. Barrows, King, Framer and McShay all seem to be picking the best OT available at 10.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aside from Jason Smith, isn't Monroe the best suited LT in the draft?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picks I'm OK with at #10:

Both Smiths
Oher
Raji
Crabtree
Monroe
Curry
Orakpo

Picks I'm "meh" on:
Jenkins
Maclin
Brown
DHB
Jackson
Sanchez (not going to happen anyway)

Do Not Want:
Freeman
Maybin

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
NFL Network = Awesome

One of the greatest inventions of all time. The only negative is that they play the same 4 commercials over and over again. They need more sponsors!
NFL draft drinking game: drink everytime the Drew Brees United Way commerical is shown.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Picks I'm OK with at #10:

Do Not Want:
Freeman
I hope not, I'll be short a TV after that pick for sure.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Well, no more Sanchez BS now.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, no more Sanchez BS now.
Not only that, but B.J Raji and Brian Orakpo are still alive

(knock on wood)
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just need Maclin to go to Oakland or Jax and we'll be left with either Raji, Monroe, or Crabtree. Worst case is we land Oher or Orakpo.

Borat is surprisingly pleased right now.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Crabtree still on the board!

king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
We just need Maclin to go to Oakland or Jax and we'll be left with either Raji, Monroe, or Crabtree. Worst case is we land Oher or Orakpo.

Borat is surprisingly pleased right now.
Even better, Heyward-Bey
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Borat
All-NFLDC

Ahahahahahahah. Classic Raiders **** up. God, do I love Al Davis. You the man AL!!!!!

Old 04-25-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do we pull the trigger on Crabs? (Assuming GB don't do something bizarre...)

The Raiders pick was just too funny.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote